Hardware Updating R4i-SDHC 3DS with DSI XL. Having an Issue.

RichardLew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off i wanna say i love this site and i have been viewing it for years now mostly can find all the answers ive ever needed here. Except this one time :). Hoping someone can help me come to a quick solution.

I have recently Exchanged my 3DS for an 3DS XL in favor of the bigger screen and little bit longer battery life which im sure lots of people have. Now before i did so i forgot to update my R4i-SDHC (Whoops).

R4i-SDHC:
vqlbog.jpg

3DS XL Firmware Ver:
29o350w.jpg

3DS XL Error:
nqr87t.jpg

So obviously without updating the Firmware on the R4i-SDHC 3DS to match the firmware on the 3DS XL it wont work as we all know. I borrow my daughters DSI XL and i take the steps to upgrade my flash card to the newest ver. Which at the time of posting is 1.60b.

Steps Taken to Upgrade with 3DS XL:
35celmr.png

Now when put the R4i-SDHC 3DS card in the DSI XL the card boots up fine even plays games fine but when i go to update it the update does not show like its supposed to.

DSI XL Firmware Ver.:
jsim88.jpg

Update Not There:
2nrpm5y.jpg

Ive been trying to figure out this problem all day. Kind of sick of it lol so im resorting to help from one of the awesome members of this community. I tried to be as thorough as possible but as im human i may have left some important information that might be needed if thats the case please inform me and i will update this post asap to get this done.

Rasas

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Some others had the same problem use the patch here
http://www.games-engine.com/Forums/Topic/52854/4#32

Topic which I found it from
http://gbatemp.net/topic/332590-r4i-sdhccom-160b-kernel-update/

Reactions: 1 person

RichardLew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh lord i dunno how i didnt find that topic been looking all day. Your a GODSEND thank you i am now updating!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1