Hacking updating PS4 pkg

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hi guys, I am a newcomer on ps4 homebrew scene and trying to familiarize myself with what I can do with my hacked ps4.

I understand that to backup games with need the retail disc and/or the games are installed digitally since it's decryped when the game loads from ps4.

I am wondering if there's any way to update pkg files with the latest game updates, so the scenario is, I bought a retail disc, installed it, made a decrypted pkg. since I disconnected my ps4 from psn, how do I get to update this game?

also, is it dangerous if I connected my ps4 with psn after I installed fake pkg (so that I can get the updates from PSN)?

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
U can't ever log back into psn again if u want to stay jailbroken psn require latest fw.
but the exploit is reset after the ps4 restarted right? say I installed some fake pkg and then restarted my ps4 and get connected to psn, will I get the updates? (or will I be banned?)

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
No man u cant log on to psn it will require update of firmware thus making it not possible to jailbreak.
ah I see, it's just that when I turned on my ps4 earlier, I got connected and auto-downloaded the latest firmware and an update of a game. I canceled and disabled them already, but I am curious if there are ways to bypass the restriction.

still looking forward if anyone can answer about fake pkgs update.

jakkal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah I see, it's just that when I turned on my ps4 earlier, I got connected and auto-downloaded the latest firmware and an update of a game. I canceled and disabled them already, but I am curious if there are ways to bypass the restriction.

still looking forward if anyone can answer about fake pkgs update.
You can't update to the latest fw or bypass it
Give up or update

Simple

Reactions: PotsAlot

PotsAlot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can only get whatever game update has been dumped for said fake package, you cant update a game to the latest version as that requires the newest firmware.

Reactions: KiiWii

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Download the latest untouched .pkg updates (updates should be 5.05 - 5.55 currently for newer games but the latest updates for some older games should be 5.0 - 5.05 or less) from Sonys servers and KEEP THEM and wait for the kernel hax for the latest firmware and then "fake" those updates and finally install them.

Basically, thats the only thing you can do about this....

schatzi24

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have installed some fpkg games on PS4 Pro.
Can i update GTA 5 with the latest Update load from internet but original and not fpkg and install it?
It will work with Hen and Mira Enabled?

stevedawg85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's a couple different sites out there that will either promote to 'download base game, download update, apply update on top of game (2 separate pkg)' and/or 'download game w/ update (single pkg)'. So basically those would be the easiest safest routes for a normal joe?

no need to mess with pkg kitchen or repackage anything

PotsAlot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's a couple different sites out there that will either promote to 'download base game, download update, apply update on top of game (2 separate pkg)' and/or 'download game w/ update (single pkg)'. So basically those would be the easiest safest routes for a normal joe?

no need to mess with pkg kitchen or repackage anything

Yeah the sites that offer fake packages, are usually base game, then updates separate. These are dumps so they are ready to install.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the sites that offer fake packages, are usually base game, then updates separate. These are dumps so they are ready to install.

iirc the thing is with update the update needs to be pack with the game itself, you cant just randomly use someone game and a second person game update to update the first person game.

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
From what I read, the update pkg needs to have the same "CUSA" ID as the installed game. Then you can install the update separately from the game, and it will apply in the correct dir (where the game is installed).

PotsAlot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iirc the thing is with update the update needs to be pack with the game itself, you cant just randomly use someone game and a second person game update to update the first person game.

As long as the update is the same region, and fake dumped, the update should work.

I believe if the update is the same region, and from the same base game, it'll work.

Maverick Lunar X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I read, the update pkg needs to have the same "CUSA" ID as the installed game. Then you can install the update separately from the game, and it will apply in the correct dir (where the game is installed).

Not quite, they both have to be dumped from the same console. If you and I each dump the same CUSA ID game and dump the same version update, we can't swap them. I think it's something to do with the passcodes, but there's probably more to it.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as the update is the same region, and fake dumped, the update should work.

I believe if the update is the same region, and from the same base game, it'll work.

No, you still have to repack it if it wasnt dump with the same base game, I done it with a game before that wasnt the same base game it wont install, had to repack

Reactions: KiiWii and PotsAlot

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...