Hacking Updating my old vita firmware....

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys,I'm having a really hard time here.
My ps vita has a 1.06 firmware.You already know that i can't do anything with that!
So Yesterday i tried searching for ways to updating it not to the most recent (3.12)
I was thinking about udpating it to 1.67
i searched the whole wololo,gbatemp,other online forum and in the end wasted a whole day with zero result
here's what i found thought:
-using a PS3 that apparently is the easiest way but unfortunaly i don't have one so that's a no for me...
-using the wololo's "How to manually update to another ps vita firmware"guide which i coundn't get it to work because it requires owning a server,but for that problem someone suggested to use apache localhost which i tried to use but then really scrumbled my head for an hour with no result for how to install it or for how to get it to work
-last but not least to use Charles program method which seemed a bit easier.....but guess what i can't get Charles's program to do what it's supposed to do!

So after everything i went through can someone help me?
There aren't any other way?
Or any noob guide for method 2 and 3?
(By the way wololo may be the most reliable vita forum but the site is too messy)

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
not offence,but have you just grabbed a link without even reading it?
i already know that guide and it is the ps3 required one!
and i already said that i don't have a ps3!

anyway i just noticed that in the recovery menu there is an option:update using a cartridge.so it is possible to update it to 1.67 by using a physical game e.g. gravity rush?

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Should work, I don't see why it wouldn't, it's not like you're downgrading.
Turn off the WiFi just in case.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It has to be the only logical course of action, being that you are sure that GR has the 1.67 update.
I mean, let's say that the PSV doesn't know, or better yet let's say it KNOWS there's a newer update than the one you're providing it (1.67).

What can it do?
If you delete the wifi connection (i don't think it even works in recovery mode) how's it even going to connect so it can download the latest update?
Unless it somehow downloaded the update in the background without you knowing it.

Or... let's pretend that you just bought the PSV and the only update is the one in the card, how could it go bad then?

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
not offence,but have you just grabbed a link without even reading it?
i already know that guide and it is the ps3 required one!
and i already said that i don't have a ps3!

anyway i just noticed that in the recovery menu there is an option:update using a cartridge.so it is possible to update it to 1.67 by using a physical game e.g. gravity rush?

PS3 Proxy Server GUI for WINDOWS

The software they are using in that guide doesn't require a PS3, at least not to my knowledge. The software was originally written for PS3 hacking, but can also be used on a Vita. All is done from your PC.

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
what i'm worrying about is that my theory is wrong and it doesn't update at all,and that would mean that i would've bought a game that i can't use!since i haven't heard a single word about updating psv using a game cartridge in any guide here or in wololo i would like the corfirmation of some expert or of somebody that has done it.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So......

I thought that you wanted to leave the door for future hacking open, is that right?

Because what you said now in your last post just doesn't make any sense to me.
If the reason for your update is to be able to play Gravity Rush then just go online and update to the latest or just plop in the game and try to launch it, it will update the system without the need of going the recovery menu way.

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes the reason i don't wanna update to the latest is because i want the door wide open for future hacks...
but currently the firmware 1.06 doesn't allow me to do anything....so i just want to update to a decent firmware that at the very least allows me to play gravity rush and that still keeps the door open...but what i wanna know right now is simple:by buying gravity rush the physical game itself does allow me to update exactly at 1.67 or will i waste my money because updating with the cartridge is not possible?
i don't want possibility,i want 100% sure thing!

and Arizato:
sorry you're right the ps3 isn't required there :bow:
but the point 4 on that guide doesn't work for me.....the vita keeps getting me this nw-10743-5 error when it tries to connect....that guide is similar to the Charles method and i also had that problem with Charles...

Arizato

Memento Mori
Trophies
XP
Country
and Arizato:
sorry you're right the ps3 isn't required there :bow:
but the point 4 on that guide doesn't work for me.....the vita keeps getting me this nw-10743-5 error when it tries to connect....that guide is similar to the Charles method and i also had that problem with Charles...

Glad to hear you're at least halfway there. Can't really say that I know why it gives you that error though. I found this guide: http://hackinformer.com/?p=413

The 4th point says: Then run Netflix again, and it works. Next time you try to log into Netflix, the Vita will think Sony’s servers are down and will give you an error (NW-10743-5) which is fine, just hit OK and login! Simple as that!

Isn't there an option to try again? Maybe you need to try a few times until it works?

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I don't know how to proceed with this.
If you are eager in keeping the possibility of hacking then proceed with finding a solution as you were.

Otherwise I'm 90% sure that if the game needs a higher FW version it will provide you the update as soon you try to launch the game.
Now if it's going to be 1.67 or something higher it's nothing i can comment about.

Good luck

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
after i don't even know how or what hell i went through....i was finally able to update to 1.67.....but now what is this thing about psn account?do i really need that to move things from pc to vita using open cma?

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i meant that i can't use the content manager......it tells me that i need to sign to psn...

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
now i'm starting to wondering......those at wololo aren't very ordinated with their guides....open cma 4.5 shouldn't work with all fw below 1.80?
anyway i'll continue tomorrow....it's pretty late here in italy...

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
now i'm starting to wondering......those at wololo aren't very ordinated with their guides....open cma 4.5 shouldn't work with all fw below 1.80?

You obviously haven't read adequately on wololo. I suggest you do that if you want to exploit your vita.

Answering your questions just seems like a futile and completely thankless task at this point.

Mira

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i'll thank everyone when the problem is solved.but everytime i "clear" a problem there is always something else that comes up.

anyway you should see for yourself what i mean before lecturing me.....
if a guide says one thing and i follow it and doesn't give me the expected result you say it's my fault?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: