Votes: 34 32.1%

• Total voters

Galexan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This would replace B9S. I'd call it switching instead of deleting.
Hey, so I installed Fastboot3ds because I thought it would replace and delete everything. As well as the Flipnote exploit. Yesterday I wanted to play with my sister Mario kart but she got a DS so I needed to go to "downloadgame" to play local with her. But because of Flipnote it didn't work and I decided to uninstall the exploit. But I just don't know how

Last edited by Galexan,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, so I installed Fastboot3ds because I thought it would replace and delete everything. As well as the Flipnote exploit. Yesterday I wanted to play with my sister Mario kart but she got a DS so I needed to go to "downloadgame" to play local with her. But because of Flipnote it didn't work and I decided to uninstall the exploit. But I just don't know how
You have to follow the rest of the guide with flipnote. it has everything on restoring download play.

Reactions: Galexan

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Any reason to use this over b9s?
It’s a bootloader that allows for some more options right when your system boots up. I am just gonna quote the GitHub “It allows you to assign homebrew in .firm format to bootslots, and to chainload bootslots via either a bootmenu or a button combo of your choosing. fastboot3DS also contains basic tools for NAND backups and restores.”
You are basically getting more features through FB3DS that you won’t find with just B9S on it’s own.

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi
I dont know how to autoboot to fastboot menu ??
My 3DS always autoboot to Luma.
I can boot to fastboot menu only when I remove the SD card.
Any help?

PowerBall253

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so happy to see some people are still watching this :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I should probably update it though, this is 2 years old at this point

Reactions: Aew4life and Nutez

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Any reason to use this over b9s?

Sure, you can have it set up to load multiple .firm payloads and choose which one to boot by holding down a button during boot which means if say luma updater messes up you can fix it without a computer or phone (as long as you copied the existing Luma boot.firm somewhere else and/or renamed it). You can also run those payloads from anywhere on the SD card and they can be named whatever you want within reason (if the path + filename is too long it won't work).

If you use unofficial forks of Luma like the one with the plugin loader (or even other CFW, assuming there are any left) then it is great to have.

cugel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so happy to see some people are still watching this :D

I should probably update it though, this is 2 years old at this point

I followed this and it went well, however I think you need to mention that the home button needs to be held down on step 10, if I hadn't picked that up elsewhere I would have been lost.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I followed this and it went well, however I think you need to mention that the home button needs to be held down on step 10, if I hadn't picked that up elsewhere I would have been lost.
Erm...

Step 10 is correctly described. After the installation, the boot menu should appear. You don't have to hold the home button at this point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210407-200218112.jpg
    Screenshot_20210407-200218112.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 125

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87 cents. Free shipping from China... It arrived it works and honestly I don't understand how it was so cheap.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @BigOnYa, Lol I bought a new USB card reader thing on AliExpress last month for I think like 87...