Hacking updating for pokemanz

zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sry if question has been asked in the forum.

I cant wait for gateway to implement support for 6.x firmware. I NEED MY POKEMANZ.
Still playing BW2 but once im done i want to jump straight to x and y. 2 questions.

1. If im not mistaken x/y comes with firmware 6.1 right? So that means im able to still play on my dstwo?

2. Can you still go online in game even though the firmware is not up to date or will they force the update in-game to access online features.

Sphanks you.

Bonny

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
:rofl: ...

1. If im not mistaken x/y comes with firmware 6.1 right?

Yes.

So that means im able to still play on my dstwo?

No.

2. Can you still go online in game even though the firmware is not up to date or will they force the update in-game to access online features.

No. DS TWO can't play any 3DS rom, only DS games... and Gateway is not online compatible at all.

Are you sure you own an 3DS? Or are you trying to play Pokemon X/Y on your DS with your DS TWO? :rofl2:

Reactions: kyogre123

zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
i have a 3ds, and a dstwo. I want to update to play x/y but i still want support for dstwo cause there are a few other ds games that i still havent tried yet which is why i asked if its still possible to go online on x/y without having up to date firmware on the console. I KNOW DS TWO DOES NOT PLAY 3DS GAMES.

Are you sure you own an 3DS? Or are you trying to play Pokemon X/Y on your DS with your DS TWO? :rofl2:

Jeez, im not dumb

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:sleep: let's bring some actual sense to this discussion.

Provided you update your DSTWO beforehand, you won't have a problem using it. DSTWO supports up to the current firmware, so just make sure that you flash the new firmware to it before you update your 3DS.

If I am not mistaken, Pokemon WILL force you to update to the newest 3DS firmware in order to play online. The DSTWO does support it still, like I said, however.

zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sicklyboy
Oh thank you very much! Finally a proper answer.
I wonder why some people would think that anyone asking a question is stupid enough to not know at least abit about what they're asking.

Ok basically, my 3ds is on 6.1.0-12U and i updated my dstwo way back when 6.1 was the latest firmware, i just checked and they had an update to support 6.3 firmware on dstwo.
So, just to be sure. I'll just update my dstwo to support the current latest firmware (6.3)

What firmware does pokemon x/y comes with? Is it 6.1 or 6.3? If its 6.1, it means that i wont have to update my 3ds's firmware to play it right?

If I am not mistaken, Pokemon WILL force you to update to the newest 3DS firmware in order to play online. The DSTWO does support it still, like I said, however.

Asked a friend who just bought a 3dsxl that the game update that came with pokemon was 6.1 which is also confirmed in a video in one of the other threads i saw.
What i really want to know is if i choose to go online would it force another update to 6.3?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sicklyboy
Oh thank you very much! Finally a proper answer.
I wonder why some people would think that anyone asking a question is stupid enough to not know at least abit about what they're asking.

Ok basically, my 3ds is on 6.1.0-12U and i updated my dstwo way back when 6.1 was the latest firmware, i just checked and they had an update to support 6.3 firmware on dstwo.
So, just to be sure. I'll just update my dstwo to support the current latest firmware (6.3)

What firmware does pokemon x/y comes with? Is it 6.1 or 6.3? If its 6.1, it means that i wont have to update my 3ds's firmware to play it right?

Asked a friend who just bought a 3dsxl that the game update that came with pokemon was 6.1 which is also confirmed in a video in one of the other threads i saw.
What i really want to know is if i choose to go online would it force another update to 6.3?

The use of the pokemon bank will likely come in the form of a DLC, that requires a trip to the eShop. It was said that the pokemon bank will not be available until closer to christmas.

Reactions: NEP and zael91

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. Go ahead and update the DSTWO and you'll be good for any firmware up to and including 6.3.

As for what firmware it ships with/requires, I'm not positive, but I do think I recall hearing it was 6.1. Online game play goes through Nintendo's online services though, and since their updates usually have a few anti-hack/cheat components in them, they require the newest update to create the best shot at security and fairness. I don't know of any game that doesn't require the newest update to go online, so I'd say it's safe to assume Pokemon does too. Edit - just to make sure you understand this point, trying to go online will not force an update, it will prompt one, which you can deny, at the cost of still not being able to use the online services.

I've got my 3DS on 6.3 (and I update when an update is available) because it was already too updated to use the Gateway, and buying games for it doesn't really bother me. I've both gone online with Pokemon Y and I've used my DSTWO today, so that's definitely not an issue. The only issue is that the further you update, the further you put your chances of being able to use the Gateway on it again.

Considering that, if Pokemon is a must for you, I'd say use the cartridge to update to whatever update it requires, then try to go online. If you can, you're golden, if not then you probably ought to just update again anyway.

Your other best case scenario (aside from the cost...) would to be to try to find another 3DS in a retail store that was manufactured in 2012 (says so on the box). Just ask the employee to check. Ones from 2012 almost all have FW 4.5 on it, so then you get to choose whether you want to use an old system for the Gateway or a new system for it, and then you can use the other system for games that require a newer firmware that aren't compatible with the Gateway. Again though, that's not exactly cheap or feasible for most people.

Edit 2 - also if you're asking about needing/not needing to update because of a poor internet connection (though I would question your ability to take the game online at that point), know that the cartridge holds the minimum required firmware update in order to play it. Any update needed to play the game offline will be shipped on the game cartridge and installed if your system does not have said update.

Reactions: zael91

zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
how_do_i_do_that : thanks for the info but i dont think i'm really interested in the pokemon bank so eshop accessibility-wise, im all good.

Sicklyboy : Come to think of it, i've pretty much played and bought all the games i've wanted to play on the 3ds (SMT4 and FireEmblem) and like you said you updated yours to the latest firmware because you felt that your system was too updated to use the Gateway and i think i'll do the same too. Since the 3ds isnt my main source of entertainment i guess i could live with not being able to play all the games in the 3ds library. Maybe in the future Gateway will have support for current up to date firmwares but until then, it doesnt really bother me (its just if you could save a couple of bucks with a Gateway then why not yknow? haha) Thanks again dude :)

Ankoku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm more interested in how Gateway users are going get that event Torchic, provided if the Gateway team fixes the game to work on the cart.
As users mentioned about not being able to get online and all, or will it work ala B/W/2 style.

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a 3ds, and a dstwo. I want to update to play x/y but i still want support for dstwo cause there are a few other ds games that i still havent tried yet which is why i asked if its still possible to go online on x/y without having up to date firmware on the console. I KNOW DS TWO DOES NOT PLAY 3DS GAMES.

Jeez, im not dumb

With the influx of younger members posting for the first time after playing Pokemon X/Y, most of the usual forum residents are at the point where they assume any new members posting about Pokemon are absolutely retarded. They are usually right.

It's the way of things. Sorry about that.

zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
My friend bought the 3DS xl collector edition (so it's on 6.1) and updating to 6.3 was not needed for him to play pokemon Y online.

Just got it yesterday and im on 6.1 and not needing an update to 6.3 to have access to online features ^^

With the influx of younger members posting for the first time after playing Pokemon X/Y, most of the usual forum residents are at the point where they assume any new members posting about Pokemon are absolutely retarded. They are usually right.

It's the way of things. Sorry about that.

Its okay, you dont have to apologize for him. :)

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't understand why you are so afraid of updating if you just gave up from using Gateway. DS TWO works on 6.3 and I doubt Nintendo will patch DS Flashcarts at this point, they are pretty much putting their efforts on combating piracy of 3DS games.
If I were you (thank goodness I still have my 3DS on 4.5) I would update to the latest to enjoy whatever demos are currently available on the eShop.

zael91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I understand what you're saying, but when i posted that i didnt know DSTwo had support up to 6.3 . I guess i already explained why i asked if going online on x/y would require an update (cause at that time i have yet to make up my mine if i wanted to wait for GW to have support for 6.1).

Right now, playing on 6.1 is fine since its possible to go online without an update so i might as well stick on 6.1 unless the only way to go online is to update. Yeah, that would mean that i wont be able to play any demos of the latest games but i dont see a point in playing a game that has only 10-15 mins of content, even if the game is something that im really interested in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==