Hacking Updating disk games via package question

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello,

I am new to the PS4 hacking scene and now have access to the Debug menu thanks to the 5.05 exploit. I have a game on disk which I just installed onto the Playstation and searched game update packages online. My question is - is there a way to differentiate what the packages found online include? I'm not sure if it is the full game as a fpkg, game update files only, or both together?? Also, what is a Delta package?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am new to the PS4 hacking scene and now have access to the Debug menu thanks to the 5.05 exploit. I have a game on disk which I just installed onto the Playstation and searched game update packages online. My question is - is there a way to differentiate what the packages found online include? I'm not sure if it is the full game as a fpkg, game update files only, or both together?? Also, what is a Delta package?

You can normally tell by size and find a developer changelog for the game it will tell you. If the game is 10gb and the update is 4gb its cool, if the game is 6gb and the update is 16gb then its probably the entire game and update content.

Delta probably just means latest? Im not sure.

Because you have the disc you can install legit pkgs up to 5.05 compatible.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can normally tell by size and find a developer changelog for the game it will tell you. If the game is 10gb and the update is 4gb its cool, if the game is 6gb and the update is 16gb then its probably the entire game and update content.

Delta probably just means latest? Im not sure.

Because you have the disc you can install legit pkgs up to 5.05 compatible.

Thank you for the helpful information. The learned that the game itself is a whopping 50GB so these packages I found are definitely not the full game. However, there are six pieces - pieces 0 through 4, and a delta piece. Pieces 0 through 3 are 4GB with piece 4 being 700MB, I assume these combined are the game's update files. The one that confuses me is this game's "delta" package which is only 64MB. I'm unsure if this delta package is a requirement for anything or if I skip it and just combine and install the other pieces.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for the helpful information. The learned that the game itself is a whopping 50GB so these packages I found are definitely not the full game. However, there are six pieces - pieces 0 through 4, and a delta piece. Pieces 0 through 3 are 4GB with piece 4 being 700MB, I assume these combined are the game's update files. The one that confuses me is this game's "delta" package which is only 64MB. I'm unsure if this delta package is a requirement for anything or if I skip it and just combine and install the other pieces.
I would grab all of them and try HJsplit join them back together see what happens :/

thefunkygibbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Delta usually means "difference". Not come across any "delta packages" though so i'm not sure what it does, but one would assume that it means that it contains only the files needed to update a specific version to another.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would grab all of them and try HJsplit join them back together see what happens :/
Alright, so I downloaded all pieces of the update including this delta package and successfully joined them together using the software PS4-AIO. I launched HEN and went to Debug Menu - Game - Package installation and attempted to install the update package however I receive An error has occurred. (CE-35659-8). Any clues why it isn't installing? I am on 5.05 and launched HEN through DNS and User Guide.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, so I downloaded all pieces of the update including this delta package and successfully joined them together using the software PS4-AIO. I launched HEN and went to Debug Menu - Game - Package installation and attempted to install the update package however I receive An error has occurred. (CE-35659-8). Any clues why it isn't installing? I am on 5.05 and launched HEN through DNS and User Guide.

Try repack the update through duxas fpkg tool.

Worked for me :)

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh sorry got confused there. Ok its a legit pkg and it errors?

Duxa wont work on legit update pkgs, sorry.
So I've learned...hmm, considering I have the disk and the official update packages, this should work. Perhaps the error is either the software I used (PS4-AIO) to combine the packages or it is that delta package piece. Do you know another tool or software I can use that we know successfully combines official update packages for 5.05? If so, I could test it with and without the delta piece and see if either installs successfully.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've learned...hmm, considering I have the disk and the official update packages, this should work. Perhaps the error is either the software I used (PS4-AIO) to combine the packages or it is that delta package piece. Do you know another tool or software I can use that we know successfully combines official update packages for 5.05? If so, I could test it with and without the delta piece and see if either installs successfully.

Yeah i think thats the issue.

Try HJsplit (join function) and ommit the delta... i dont know what that is.

vgplayer54

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah i think thats the issue.

Try HJsplit (join function) and ommit the delta... i dont know what that is.
Downloaded HJSplit, clicked "Join" however, this software does not find the package pieces when Windows Explorer is opened to find them, and I do not have the option to show "All", only the default "001 split files".

UPDATE: I have used the same software as I used the first time (PS4-AIO) but this time excluding the Delta package that was available along with the official update files and this time I was able to successfully install the update. Tested and worked with the game. Thank you for your help!

Last edited by vgplayer54,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo