Updated to 17.0.0 and having issues getting sigpatches to work

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Female Midget Boxing - my wife just doesn't get that at all. Personally I quite like watching them batter the shit out of each other on the "Rough N' Rowdy" youtube channel.

Mongolian Throat Singing - I just don't see how people can like that or think it's even music (although it's still better than jazz "music").
I think you posted in wrong thread, but that is funny.

DSlite2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. I tried every suggestion and still had issues. Some reinstalled games would work while other continued to have the corrupted data message.

I had originally migrated from SXOS to Atmosphere when I first upgraded to 16.0.3 after years of sitting at the last supported SXOS firmware. I remember having to reinstall my games then. Not sure if this is part of the reason I am experiencing issues now or if it is just my lack of knowledge with Atmosphere and the scene as a whole.

I forgot to mention that a couple weeks back I had upgraded my SD card from 512GB to 1TB. I believe I followed all the steps needed to migrate my emunand raw over to the new card and all the steps involved in hekate. I honestly can't remember what game(s) I had tested at the time to make sure everything went smoothly. But maybe this too is playing a role in my issues and maybe the games that load for me are the ones I had initially tested after the migration and didn't realize other games had issues. IDK...

Because I had done that SD card migration, I had a fairly recent backup of everything on my computer. I decided to try to format the SD card and recopy thing back over and redo the emunand migration like before. This brought my system back to 16.0.3 which is great but I still had issues with games showing up as corrupted even trying both the prior and latest sigpatches applied.

So I decided to just backup all my save game files and do a system reformat to wipe the slate completely clean and start fresh on 16.0.3. I reinstalled all my games and restored the save files and everything appears to be back to normal once again.

The whole reason I upgraded to 17.0 previously was because it appeared that some of the latest game updates required 17.0 like Mario RPG and Wonder. I don't feel the need to necessarily install them right now but down the road I'm know I'm going to have to eventually update the firmware to be able to play the latest games or updates.

But because of all the trouble I've had between migrating from SXOS to Atmosphere 16.0.3 and recently going from 16.0.3 to 17.0, I'm really afraid to upgrade my system in the future.

Anyways... thank you all again for your help and suggestions. It was very much appreciated.

Reactions: Blythe93

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. I tried every suggestion and still had issues. Some reinstalled games would work while other continued to have the corrupted data message.

I had originally migrated from SXOS to Atmosphere when I first upgraded to 16.0.3 after years of sitting at the last supported SXOS firmware. I remember having to reinstall my games then. Not sure if this is part of the reason I am experiencing issues now or if it is just my lack of knowledge with Atmosphere and the scene as a whole.

I forgot to mention that a couple weeks back I had upgraded my SD card from 512GB to 1TB. I believe I followed all the steps needed to migrate my emunand raw over to the new card and all the steps involved in hekate. I honestly can't remember what game(s) I had tested at the time to make sure everything went smoothly. But maybe this too is playing a role in my issues and maybe the games that load for me are the ones I had initially tested after the migration and didn't realize other games had issues. IDK...

Because I had done that SD card migration, I had a fairly recent backup of everything on my computer. I decided to try to format the SD card and recopy thing back over and redo the emunand migration like before. This brought my system back to 16.0.3 which is great but I still had issues with games showing up as corrupted even trying both the prior and latest sigpatches applied.

So I decided to just backup all my save game files and do a system reformat to wipe the slate completely clean and start fresh on 16.0.3. I reinstalled all my games and restored the save files and everything appears to be back to normal once again.

The whole reason I upgraded to 17.0 previously was because it appeared that some of the latest game updates required 17.0 like Mario RPG and Wonder. I don't feel the need to necessarily install them right now but down the road I'm know I'm going to have to eventually update the firmware to be able to play the latest games or updates.

But because of all the trouble I've had between migrating from SXOS to Atmosphere 16.0.3 and recently going from 16.0.3 to 17.0, I'm really afraid to upgrade my system in the future.

Anyways... thank you all again for your help and suggestions. It was very much appreciated.
im on 17.0.1 and 512gb sd everything seems to be working here, can you post your screenshot/photo of sd card section from Hekate?

BTW. i heard those game updates that require 17.0.0 are bugged and they are working on 16.0.1 and up

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
I had a similar issue. Solved it by what would have been this order delete problematic game //
Update to 17 // used aiouodater to download Sig patches and let it update any inis / overwrite // restart console // check total justice sigpatch still active // reinstall base game // reinstall any updates // reinstall dlcs last

Tumbleweed

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Updates will hardly (if ever) require another FW, what matters is the master key which those games where mode from, both titles use master key 16 which means that ANY updates will work in a 16+ firmware as long as you know how to install them.

Reactions: BigOnYa

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I had a similar issue. Solved it by what would have been this order delete problematic game //
Update to 17 // used aiouodater to download Sig patches and let it update any inis / overwrite // restart console // check total justice sigpatch still active // reinstall base game // reinstall any updates // reinstall dlcs last
That's a bad idea because overwritting uni files is not for everyone, always is better to January upgrade your setup the use of aio packages is not good idea

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
That's a bad idea because overwritting uni files is not for everyone, always is better to January upgrade your setup the use of aio packages is not good idea
Was in a rush to fix it tbh. Usually I would manually do things but didn't have time to mess around since the kid wanted the switch back. Havnt updated this switch since 15.0 so it was overdue to at least do something

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i would say sys-patch is the best way, and doesn't need to rely on someone to publish after new firms unless a masterkey changes or whatever, and it shows you the status of the patches in real time.

https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch
yeah, if you read the official thread about patches:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

you will learn what Sys-Patch and sigpatches are complementary between them.

Eventually Sys-Patch could be the main one but even SYS-Patch need to be updated on his code with each major firmware change.

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, if you read the official thread about patches:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/sigpatches-for-atmosphere-hekate-fss0-fusee-package3.571543/

you will learn what Sys-Patch and sigpatches are complementary between them.

Eventually Sys-Patch could be the main one but even SYS-Patch need to be updated on his code with each major firmware change.
I don't need to read anything, you are wrong.

tenor.gif

complementary means they complement each other, which they do not, because they do the exact same thing but in different ways and don't "enhance" or "extend" or otherwise benefit each other in any way. if you have one you don't need any other.

from your link
  • sys-patch system module (by TotalJustice) -This program patches FS, ES and Loader during the system's boot, allowing for automatic support for future versions of both firmware and Atmosphere, having a similar goal of using signature patches without actually needing sigpatch files. This software would only require updating when something major breaks in firmware or Atmosphere's Loader, with the last update to the application being done since firmware version 15.0.0, and working thereafter with no needed updates to apply the patches:

Reactions: [Truth] and impeeza

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Wasn't it because of a rewrite in Atmosphere but now it's found it shouldn't be as hard?
No It wasn't the fault of Atmosphere. It was only one of the 2 file system patches that was hard to trace, all the other patches were found pretty quickly. NS re-wrote some of the FS code so that's why it took some time to find. It was the part of code that deals with NRO forwarders and XCI signing that needed to be traced.

If you want to read about it - see here:
https://github.com/ITotalJustice/sys-patch/issues/5

Last edited by mrdude,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This is a void discussion started by a noob not reading, on the last months the scene learned a lot of us and got some collaboration in place, also beside two or three noobs demanding to create the patch right now, the most of the scene was more interested in learn about the latest changes and the way the patches work.

So let the issue considered done

Last edited by impeeza,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol