Hardware Updated firmware, cant launch homebrew

GlydeFisher

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3ds just updated to 11.1.0-34U and now i cant launch homebrew launcher anymore... does browserhax update at all? will i ever be able to access the homebrew launcher ever again?

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
We don't know. It's likely, but we can not know the "when". Could be next week, could take a few moth.
Serious question: Why do people update before checking what is patched? Do they just expect Nintendo to not fix anything?

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
hardmod to downgrade
or
WAIT for haxs to be fixed there is NO ETA on when this will happen (you may need a 2nd system that can run homebrew to install that hax to a cart like OoT)
some haxs will be fixed for good

NEVER UPDATE THE 3ds if you want to keep homebrew,
menuhax/browserhax might not get fix to work

FanmadeEndings

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
well im screwed then... i dont have a second system. and getting one is too expensive

Smea said on his twitter that new primarys are on the way. (We've no idea if they'll cost money.) Get one of those when they are released. (Or an old exploit once some of those are revived, but browser- and menuhax will more then likely not work anytime soon.)

Reactions: astrangeone

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Smea said on his twitter that new primarys are on the way. (We've no idea if they'll cost money.) Get one of those when they are released. (Or an old exploit once some of those are revived, but browser- and menuhax will more then likely not work anytime soon.)

That's excellent news. Hopefully, cart based ones because I hate mucking about with non-cart based ones.

Lukexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hardmod to downgrade
or
WAIT for haxs to be fixed there is NO ETA on when this will happen (you may need a 2nd system that can run homebrew to install that hax to a cart like OoT)
some haxs will be fixed for good

I have followed This guide to downgrade my N3DS but it states you require another 3DS which already has the Homebrew Launcher installed ( source )
Am I missing something or have I f*cked up by prematurely updating my device?

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro