Jay L

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
you will probably only need to be on 2.1 for 25mins to 45mins so its not really a problem. I say just do it now and get done with it.
I actually had a problem near this step and was on 2.1 for an hour or two while I figured it out (rebooted multiple times while trying to fix it but that's ok).
First under the next section, installing arm9loaderhax, when you reinsert your sd card you need to wait until the system recognizes the card for the first time and configures it for use with your 3ds - I was just inserting it and opening the browser without realizing I needed to wait a bit for the confirmation message to pop up. This was causing the website loaded on the next step not return somem sort of error (soultion seems obvious now but it wouldn't hurt if a line was added to the guide mentioning that).
Also while still on 2.1 after finally getting the website mentioned to recognize and load the files on the card I now just saw a black screen after it loaded, eventually I somehow realized it was loaded despite the back screen and just pushed select. The guide gives instructions for what to do if you get a glitched screen but I didn't consider completely black to be glitched.

Anyway my point is the only part of the guide I had any problem with at all was what seems like the riskiest part. I do understand the hesitation to put a device in a state where just closing the lid is an irrecoverable brick no matter how much you trust yourself not to it; I think its kind of like sitting on the ledge of a tall building- the fear doesn't come from thinking you're suddenly going to fail at sitting but that the only thing separating life and death is a small push.

Last edited by Jay L,

The_DarkDoctor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes but... Sky 3ds is soooo simple xD

And: at the end of the guide, there is no more guide to put a game in the console..

What do I need to do?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes but... Sky 3ds is soooo simple xD

And: at the end of the guide, there is no more guide to put a game in the console..

What do I need to do?

Once it's done, you can either install freeshop (which is like the eshop but where games are free) or just download .cia files (games) and install them with FBI.

Last edited by davhuit,

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to always use Sky3ds+ and was afraid of custom firmware (until many people here 'nagged' me that it was better which i'm thankful for!) ;)

Just follow every step in 3ds.guide as it says, and you will have your 3ds CFW in about an hour, very easily. I know nothing about this stuff and it was easy for me. After that, you can just install 'freeshop' and whatever else for free games :)
Same story for me.lol one of my first posts was 7 reasons why i will wait for sky3ds+ update.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I just read that :

Seems a pretty big flaw :o

Or is it just during the installation? (haven't finished to read the full guide yet).
It's seriously not that big a flaw if you aren't stupid. Seriously, there's no reason to put the system into sleep mode by that point, it's already 3/4 of the way through the guide. By that point, just finish installing A9LH and restoring your NAND.

The_DarkDoctor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
just a question: at the end of the guide, they said

"To use NTR CFW, get ntr.bin from the appropriate .zip on this page and copy it to the root of your SD card, then install BootNTR.cia from this page."

Do i need to install it?

Eddie McArdle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just a question: at the end of the guide, they said

"To use NTR CFW, get ntr.bin from the appropriate .zip on this page and copy it to the root of your SD card, then install BootNTR.cia from this page."

Do i need to install it?

Not necessary, just an alternative choice for CFW. Once you finish step 24, you're complete done. Just install 'freeshop.cia' through FBI and get free games :) (Just stick to the number sentences to keep it simple to follow the steps) :)

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's seriously not that big a flaw if you aren't stupid. Seriously, there's no reason to put the system into sleep mode by that point, it's already 3/4 of the way through the guide. By that point, just finish installing A9LH and restoring your NAND.

As I said before, I was asking before when I asked, I haven't read the guide fully and wanted to know if it was temporary or not.

People confirmed it's temporary and only happen when you are on 2.x so it's fine (I first thought it would still happen in 11.x).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...