Hardware Update on UK pre-orders

Skitty22

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok just found out today Gamestation pre-order numbers for the 3DS are high and HMV are putting limited avaliblity on the pre-order boards in shops

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Fail.
:yay4usapreorders:
yay.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I got my preorder receipt safely ensconsed in my safe, where I can't possibly lose it. And I'm on fantastic terms with the staff of my local (hence why they let me play with the 3DS test model and give me free stuff) so even if they've taken more pre-orders than they can handle, you can bet your ass the lovely Sam will set my blue 3DS aside until I get there.

Also got my pre-orders down for a few key games. Pilotwings, DOA Dimensions (it is supposedly a launch title), Ridge Racer and just for giggles, Nintendogs. So I know no matter what happens, mine will be waiting and ready to go first thing in the morning on the 25th. Which is mighty convenient 'cause I get paid on the 25th.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
I got my preorder receipt safely ensconsed in my safe, where I can't possibly lose it.

What would be great is if on the day you can't find the key to your safe/the keypad stops working/dial gets stuck and you spend hours trying to break it open only to get to the store and some new guy who didn't know who you were sold the last one that was being reserved for you.

edit: unless you don't need the receipt to prove you've pre-ordered. I've never pre-ordered anything from a brick and mortar store.

THANK YOU FOR CORRECTING MY INANE SPELLING MISTAKE SimpyDsi I HOPE YOUR E-PENIS IS BIGGER NOW!

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Law said:
Blaze163 said:
I got my preorder receipt safely ensconsed in my safe, where I can't possibly lose it.

What would be great is if on the day you can't find the key to your safe/the keypad stops working/dial gets stuck and you spend hours trying to break it open only to get to the store and some new guy who didn't know who you were sold the last one that was being reserved for you.

edit: unless you don't need the receipt to prove you've pre-ordered. I've never pre-ordered anything from a brick and motor store.

My safe is sound activated, so no keypad breakage to worry about. And yes, being the utter geek that I am I set the code to me playing the Song of Time on my ocarina. So short of taking a fairly serious blow to the head and forgetting how the song goes, I don't see a problem. And if that does happen then I'd imagine I have better things to worry about than the 3DS.

Besides, I know both Sam and Ayla are working the 3DS launch, both of whom I get on exceptionally well with, so no troubles either way. It's getting the money together that concerns me. It's gonna be a bloody expensive morning for me. £220 for the system, £40 a throw for games, and I'll want at least two games with it. My wages should be sufficient, provided nothing goes wrong like me losing my job or some other cataclysm. And then I can call on a few trades to raise some of the cash, but not much unless I part with my DS Lite and thus my entire DS library (Cyclo user), as well as most of my 360 games.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Blaze163 said:
My safe is sound activated, so no keypad breakage to worry about. And yes, being the utter geek that I am I set the code to me playing the Song of Time on my ocarina.

Haha, how fancy.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can see this thing being as hard to find as the DS Lite at some point. When I was trying to get one, we spent hours on the phone to retailers and no-one had them. Then Sainsbury's returned our call and said they found two spares in the back room, believe it or not. We were in the car straight away.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
CA519705950 said:
I can see this thing being as hard to find as the DS Lite at some point. When I was trying to get one, we spent hours on the phone to retailers and no-one had them. Then Sainsbury's returned our call and said they found two spares in the back room, believe it or not. We were in the car straight away.

You want hard to find? Check this for a tale of Tails. When I was only about 5 or 6, Sonic the Hedgehog was my life. I got up early to watch the 'Adventures of' cartoon (which I now have the complete DVD box set of), I played the games to the point I could complete them in my sleep, and of course I collected all the merchandise. So imagine my excitement when I find there's a cuddly Tails to go with my cuddly Sonic. WOW. MIND BLOWN. Having had no luck finding it anywhere in Lincolnshire, my dad took me to Swansea to see my sister and to see if we could find it there. No joy. So we went to Cardiff. All the way around the markets, no joy. Every store we check, 'sorry mate, sold out'. Finally, as I begin to give up hope of ever finding this mythical plushie, on my way down an escalator I spot a pair of orange ears poking above the shelf in the HMV store a few metres from me. I dash in to find another kid inches away from it, run like hell over to it, leap past him, grab Tails off the shelf and make a bee-line for the till while his dad gets pissed off. Now THAT was hard to find.

Never did get hold of a cuddly Knuckles though
frown.gif

But seriously, the limited stock is one of the main reasons I'm picking mine up on launch day. Truth be told the initial release schedule wouldn't have been enough to sell me on such a pricey investment, but with games I simply HAVE to own coming soon and the limited stock, I figured I may as well.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
pachura said:
Nollog said:
There was only 900,000 going to be available for Europe.

At launch.

I'm sure they'll be supplied continuously one month after that.
Glad you clarified that for everyone.
Geeze, I'm so glad that Europe will be able to have more than 900,000 3DS units on at the same time.
Phew.

Cloak519

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
CA519705950 said:

You want hard to find? Check this for a tale of Tails. When I was only about 5 or 6, Sonic the Hedgehog was my life. I got up early to watch the 'Adventures of' cartoon (which I now have the complete DVD box set of), I played the games to the point I could complete them in my sleep, and of course I collected all the merchandise. So imagine my excitement when I find there's a cuddly Tails to go with my cuddly Sonic. WOW. MIND BLOWN. Having had no luck finding it anywhere in Lincolnshire, my dad took me to Swansea to see my sister and to see if we could find it there. No joy. So we went to Cardiff. All the way around the markets, no joy. Every store we check, 'sorry mate, sold out'. Finally, as I begin to give up hope of ever finding this mythical plushie, on my way down an escalator I spot a pair of orange ears poking above the shelf in the HMV store a few metres from me. I dash in to find another kid inches away from it, run like hell over to it, leap past him, grab Tails off the shelf and make a bee-line for the till while his dad gets pissed off. Now THAT was hard to find.

Never did get hold of a cuddly Knuckles though
frown.gif

But seriously, the limited stock is one of the main reasons I'm picking mine up on launch day. Truth be told the initial release schedule wouldn't have been enough to sell me on such a pricey investment, but with games I simply HAVE to own coming soon and the limited stock, I figured I may as well.

I lol'd at that story. I almost feel sorry for the kid but haha, that's dedication
smile.gif
Well Christmas-time is when I want mine if I get one. Should be even harder then lol.

Law said:
SimpyDsi said:
QUOTE(Law @ Feb 8 2011, 07:51 PM)
a brick and mortar store.
Sorry
smile.gif

Thank-you for your amazing contribution to the thread.
Sorry
smile.gif

rofl.gif

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
Stewy12 said:
Not sure if this has been posted anywhere but Tesco are taking pre-orders of a Aqua Blue 3DS for £157.60!!!

This could well be a mistake but if you get in early then they will surely have to honour the price paid.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.210-8270.aspx

Edit: And it was a mistake, thought it was too good to be true......
rolleyes.gif

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/...al-is-all-over/
It was indeed too good to be true. That had me again earlier. I always missed out on the good deals (last time it was being sold at only 175 quid).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy