Hacking (UPDATE on Gateway 3DS Team) User Retrofan_K's Bricked (Nand Locked) 3DS console.

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Just replied to GW and took their offer for 2 flashcards. They replied saying they were sorry for me not recieving my console back, as they advised they shipped it some months back. I told them i got no confirmation of this or tracking and that all emails back in April were ignored.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Just replied to GW and took their offer for 2 flashcards. They replied saying they were sorry for me not recieving my console back, as they advised they shipped it some months back. I told them i got no confirmation of this or tracking and that all emails back in April were ignored.

Only 2 set's of cards?? but you sent 1 set of cards and a 3ds... you are definitely getting the short end of the stick here...

Reactions: Steena and KazoWAR

plasma

GBAtemp's Artificial Lifeform
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only 2 set's of cards?? but you sent 1 set of cards and a 3ds... you are definitely getting the short end of the stick here...
As mensioned already in this thread, you can pick up a 3DS from eBay for about £50-80, and Gateway is around £50 anyways, so he sort of got his worth back in a sense

Belmondo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
As mensioned already in this thread, you can pick up a 3DS from eBay for about £50-80, and Gateway is around £50 anyways, so he sort of got his worth back in a sense

The market value of the cards is irrelevant since they would only be incurring cost on them. Great deal for gateway but not so good for retrofan_k.

y03usw6e

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Yeah I understand, it is a bit shit what happened, but on the plus side, 3DS's arnt as expensive as they used to be.

And at least they're sending him something and not just continuing to ignore him. If they can actually provide him with a tracking number, that would help.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recieved DHL Express shipping confirmation that a package has shipped from China. So looks like they kept their promise of the two flash cards.

Here is hoping my console is with it too, yet not getting my hopes up on that:)

They are admitting they made a mistake. Hopefully your console is in it too and this can be in the past. Welcome back to the hype train.

paulyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
probably just the usual china mail, expected delivery time 3 months- 3 years
that's no joke lol, I ordered a true blue dongle years ago for my son's PS3 & it arrived via china mail 364 days after it was marked as sent, I'd already got a refund & a replacement & the dongle wasn't required anymore by the time I got it

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I just recieved DHL Express shipping confirmation that a package has shipped from China. So looks like they kept their promise of the two flash cards.

Here is hoping my console is with it too, yet not getting my hopes up on that:)
thats good to hear....guess there will be a gateway in the BST section soon :P

LegendaryFighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Finally some progress! After their 2.X Omega reease, everyone hailed team GW, but nobody cared about this scam.

Hopefully, they included (and repaired) your console.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's no joke lol, I ordered a true blue dongle years ago for my son's PS3 & it arrived via china mail 364 days after it was marked as sent, I'd already got a refund & a replacement & the dongle wasn't required anymore by the time I got it

in the town next to me the mailman was busted stealing packages and hoarding them in his house and selling the stuff on ebay a few months ago
but i live in mass and there is a huge opiate problem here
that package could be anywhere

paulyd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
in the town next to me the mailman was busted stealing packages and hoarding them in his house and selling the stuff on ebay a few months ago
but i live in mass and there is a huge opiate problem here
that package could be anywhere
That's true, it happens all the time, I worked in a UK sorting office years ago & post was always getting stolen

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would ask them to track the package they've supposedly sent. Getting two flashcarts instead of your own system is not closure - it's a poor trade. You still have to get a new 3DS, this solution does not solve your problem, you still don't know what happened to your system.

Reactions: Steena

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I would ask them to track the package they've supposedly sent. Getting two flashcarts instead of your own system is not closure - it's a poor trade. You still have to get a new 3DS, this solution does not solve your problem, you still don't know what happened to your system.
Retrofan_k's missing 3DS.....................coming to a gateway FW update video near you ;)

but in all fairness assuming it did get posted and did go missing in the post, i suppose this is a ok compromise, yeah i know it was gateways fault to begin with and if they hadn't put the stupid buggy brick code in non of this would of happened, but in all fairness if he looks around there is standard 3ds consoles going for like £60 (seen 2 today i can check the FW's if i pass by that shop again if your interested retrofan_k ) but yeah if he sells one of the cards for say £50 and uses that money towards the system he is only down £10 and you never know in a few months time his 3ds may be out of Ebola quarantine and then he wins :P,

i know i ended up getting a parcel from china once like 8 months after i ordered it, these things can happen and if it really is the case i think we should all redirect our hate towards the Chinese postal system(well most of it gateway still gets a bit for not resolving this faster and dealing with it in a respectable manner)

retrofan_k

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus

I get what your saying but after 10 months of waiting and back and forth via email for 4 months and then suddenly in April just gone, all communication stopped with them because they ignored everything.

As a result, i had to accept i was fighting a losing battle and eventually gave up. So getting two cards is better than nothing if the console is gone forever. Half a loaf is better than nothing as they say.

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
who needs two gateways? i'll take one off your hands :)

doubt the 3ds is in the package but if it is I hope you have your serial information to see if its the original or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@