UPDATE: Kojima Has Officially Left Konami - Working With Sony on PS4 Exclusive

kojima.jpg

UPDATE:

Tokyo, December 16, 2015 - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that it has signed an agreement with Kojima Productions, a newly formed studio by the acclaimed game designer Hideo Kojima, to develop its first software title as a console exclusive to the PlayStation(R)4 (PS4(TM)) computer entertainment system.

"PlayStation(R)'s history is one of game innovation and great new franchises," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "Hideo Kojima has been a huge part of that history, and we are therefore delighted that he has chosen to bring his brand new project to life in partnership with PlayStation. We look forward to working with him on an exciting new game and warmly welcome him to the PlayStation family."

"I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years," said Hideo Kojima, Game Designer, Kojima Productions. "I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

SCE will continue to expand the world of PS4 to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.

ss1nhbntxokytntjc7hj.jpg

###

The day is upon us friends. After the evils Konami has exacted on our dear Hideo Kojima, the man has finally arisen towards his new destiny.

Metal Gear series creator Hideo Kojima has officially left Konami as of Dec. 15, according to a report from Japan's Nikkei.

According to Nikkei, Kojima is establishing a new studio and is in talks with PlayStation maker Sony Computer Entertainment.

In October, The New Yorker reported that Kojima was leaving Konami and that his non-compete clause would end in December. Konami refuted the report, saying that Kojima was still an employee.

:arrow: SOURCE

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nobody plays DDR any more. It was made basically obselete the moment Just Dance made things actually work with the Kinect. Pretty much everything Konami does is either dead or dying.
I believe Dave and Busters in the US was actually trying to get new DDR cabs - not to mention all of that shit is Japanese and it still does pretty well there. Just Dance is also a completely different game, really. It's an actual dancing game, as opposed to DDR, which is just a game where you stomp arrows. I personally like DDR but hate Just Dance.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's a little bit naive to badmouth Konami as a whole or bear ill will towards them - Kojima's games didn't make themselves, he wasn't the only one involved, a slew of artists and coders at Konami were behind those titles as well and deserve an equal share of respect. Treating a company as a physical entity is a very weird Americanism springing from the fact that in the States companies are treated as "legal persons", which is silly. Companies are made of people and it's the higher management that's to blame here, not the whole company. I wish Konami well and I hope that a change in the power structure sometime in the future will bring back the corporation that we all know and love.

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
A multitude of things
Banning kojima from awards
shitty work environments for employees done purposely
abandoning games for pachinko machines
I can go on but it would be too much to type all the things they've fucked up, Konami is dead to me anything with there name on it I won't even touch.

Don't forget absorbing Hudson Soft.
So many good games that were made by Hudson.. And Konami doing nothing with them. :sad:

Reactions: Foxi4

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't forget absorbing Hudson Soft.
So many good games that were made by Hudson.. And Konami doing nothing with them. :sad:

That's what happens when you let a games company get taken over by a mafia don with a pachinko fetish. Expect to see the Hudson Bee pachinko machine any day now. Honestly, fuck Konami.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seeing as the OP wasn't updated, it seems there was a translation error somewhere. The original article never mentions about Kojima having a studio set up by Sony or even being in talks with them, it actually said he is expected to release games on consoles such as Sony's Playstation.

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
OH BOY I SURE AM HYPED FOR MGSVI

CLp7fdpWoAEVN-V.jpg

Seriously though - I'm glad for the man. It's clear his last months at Konami weren't the most pleasing ones, and hopefully the Metal Gear series can be finally put to rest. I definitely look forward to whatever it is he wants to do next.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite the original bad translation looks looks like his next game will make its debut on the ps4

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Tokyo, December 16, 2015 - Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that it has signed an agreement with Kojima Productions, a newly formed studio by the acclaimed game designer Hideo Kojima, to develop its first software title as a console exclusive to the PlayStation(R)4 (PS4(TM)) computer entertainment system.

"PlayStation(R)'s history is one of game innovation and great new franchises," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "Hideo Kojima has been a huge part of that history, and we are therefore delighted that he has chosen to bring his brand new project to life in partnership with PlayStation. We look forward to working with him on an exciting new game and warmly welcome him to the PlayStation family."

"I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years," said Hideo Kojima, Game Designer, Kojima Productions. "I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

SCE will continue to expand the world of PS4 to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.

###

Reactions: chavosaur
D

Deleted User

Kojima looks a lot healthier, I'm glad. I wish the best of luck for his future endeavors with his new studio.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...