Hacking Update from Team Cyclops!

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope they come in with a product that is better than the DSTWO in regards to build quality, features and userfriendlyness and at a price of like $25.00. They would sell faster than you can imagine.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RoMee said:
all these carts are starting to copy the dstwo
ex4i, ismart mm, and now cyclo..guess they can compete for second place
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
So from the looks of it, this shall be another Supercard Two clone, but at twice the prices and years too late!
hrth.gif

It's the deal of a lifetime!
Using a piece of logic from months ago:

ProtoKun7 said:
QUOTE(Jakob95 @ Mar 23 2010, 01:55 PM)
Acekard rip-off.
R4 was around before Acekard, right?

So Acekard is a blatant R4 rip-off.

Just because they have similar hardware doesn't mean they're plagiarising. While we're at it, let's sue the developers of the QWERTY keyboard, because, you know, they clearly plagiarised the typewriter.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
impizkit said:
I hope they come in with a product that is better than the DSTWO in regards to build quality, features and userfriendlyness and at a price of like $25.00. They would sell faster than you can imagine.

I highly doubt that will happen..
because than there'll be no reason for the cycloDS
it would be them killing their own product.

unless they do something crazy like lowering the price of the cycloDS

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
RoMee said:
impizkit said:

Why would they even continue to produce the CycloDS if my scenario above is true. They will still release updates for the regular CycloDS but promote the new cart. Of course this is purely speculation by ALL of us at this point so I will just sit back and watch. You seem to be one of the Haters of the CycloDS. I have a DSTWO and since I have a DS Lite and 3in1, still prefer my CycloDS. You are clearly a Fanboy for the DSTWO and will diss in this thread until the end. Thats all I have to say.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
impizkit said:
RoMee said:
impizkit said:

Why would they even continue to produce the CycloDS if my scenario above is true. They will still release updates for the regular CycloDS but promote the new cart. Of course this is purely speculation by ALL of us at this point so I will just sit back and watch. You seem to be one of the Haters of the CycloDS. I have a DSTWO and since I have a DS Lite and 3in1, still prefer my CycloDS. You are clearly a Fanboy for the DSTWO and will diss in this thread until the end. Thats all I have to say.

I fine with that..what ever makes you happy
I'm simply stating the obvious..

baramos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Snailface said:
8GB of on-board flash and a CPU? It's not going to be cheap.
It's 8MB prob to store a more complex firmware than the original which only has an internal storage of 2MB iirc.

Daku93

Trophies
Website
usrcheat.cwsurf.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
impizkit said:
Its also a b not a B. There is a difference between MB and Mb. How may times does that have to be addressed?

They are saying 8Mbytes! That are 8 MB. If it were 8 Mbits the short term was 8 Mb

EDIT: You were faster in editing your post

And the Question is: What is Autoboot Mode... Will it boot automatically without going through the DSi menu?? Then it would be the first flashcard that can do this.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
While I've already got a DSTWO and an original CylcoDS, if this is ~$30, I'll probably pick one up out of curiosity. If nothing else, it'll be a DSTWO with better build quality, no spring-loaded microSD, and possibly even better software based on Team Cyclops' track record.

I agree it's pretty late in the game to put out a DSi cart, but maybe they think they can get it to work on the 3DS in regular DS mode... the Supercard team has said something along those lines about the DSTWO, as I recall.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it funny how when Super Card released the DS TWO, we start hearing about all these other card makers making something new with the same features for the same price, but much later when everybody has already bought the first thing. What do they think we are? Stupid? Like we will buy every brand new product out there, no matter what?

No. They need to boast a feature or two that the other card CAN'T measure up to, like successfully cracking DSi mode.

Let me list them.

There was the EXi, or whatever it's called. I never really heard of it until after the iSmart MM was first brought to light so I will have to skip this one.

Then there was the iSmart Premium, which was suppose to be able to do a few things that the DS TWO could do, but it failed initially, and so far hasn't been fixed.

Then the iSmart MM was going to be made to be a clone of the DS TWO. I get a feeling that one will be a big waist of time and resources on their part.

Now we have the CycloDS iEvolution. I have never had a Cyclo ever before, I'll just say it right out. I doubt I'd buy one anyways, from what I've seen the price to be. They say they are making a new card, with all these features that they won't even tell us about, but they say some features that the DS TWO already has.

I think their timing is awful. Not only are they trying to clone a very successful card, and quite possibly price it more than that, but with the 3DS soon to be released, they might have to go as far as make a whole new card just to play on there.

If they want to really sell this card, they must actually prove they have something the other cards don't have, and quite possibly will never have due to hardware. If they cracked DSi mode, then yes, this card would be worth it, but only for a month until another card maker gets the code and figures it out. I'm sure the DS TWO would be updated in a matter of days if that happened. Plus they must be able to have their card be able to play on the 3DS. So far, the only card developer out there that said it might be possible is SuperCard.

So, I wouldn't get this unless they have some feature that the other cards will NEVER, meaning new cards would have to be made.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
as much as i would LOVE to have one of these (i've always been a cyclo fan, but the SCDSTWO was starting to look better), they are simply too late, as others have said. if i were to buy this, i would enjoy it for a while, then in march the 3DS would come out and i would wish i had never got the cyclodsi. if it will still play DS games on the 3DS, then i will get one, but there is no way of telling that.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have plenty of money, and no DSi card just yet, so I may get this. If I were to get a card, it would definitely be one of the higher powered ones.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night