Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pliskron said:
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Pliskron said:
Why did it take them this long to make a DSi cart?
I hope this card can live up the all mighty power house of the Supercard Two and does more than the Supercard Two, otherwise I doubt anyone wants to buy a new flllashcard this late.
Most of those wonderful supercard features work like crap. I think a DStwo like card that worked it would sell.
I wonder, do you even own a Supercard Two or are you just upset you don't have one?
At least it has the features it promises, sure they need a little work, but hey the SNES emulator is a hell of a lot better than any other snes emulator for the DS.
I have a supercard and a Wiz and the gba on the supercard is shit. It's too slow and has annoying frame skip. The snes is horrible. I can't even use it. The PDF sucks at reading pdf. If they were smart they'd have just done an epub reader. If you've used a device that can do SNES and GBA EMU at full speed you'd be aware of how far the supercard falls short in those categories. They did get ffree cheat, RTS, and game compatibility right so ZI think it's still the best all around card but I do wish they'd concentrate on getting things right rather than have a ton of features that wiork like shit. Now if TC could do all that, make it all work right and come in at a reasonable price I'd be the first one to buy.
For one, I have used several systems with perfect snes emulation, this including PSP, Xbox, and even my Wii, I know the Supercard Two doesn't have the best emulation for any of the systems it is emulating, but again as I said, please name me a better SNES and GBA emulator for the DS (without a slot 2 card) and I will use that, but I doudt you can name any emualtor for those systems on the DS, please note I am saying DS, not PSP nor Dingoo.
AS for the PDF viewer, in all honesty I never really got in depth with it and really don't think I will since I really don't care about it.
Either way if TC has proven anything, they don't know how to have reasonable prices and I doubt they are going to do anything that great with their new card and even if they do, the card is more than likely going to cost twice as much as the Supercard Two.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if they cracked DSi mode. Now that would be something. I'm going to assume that;s why they've been quiet for so long. OK I doubt they did but if they did that would really put them back on top.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pliskron said:
Imagine if they cracked DSi mode. Now that would be something. I'm going to assume that;s why they've been quiet for so long. OK I doubt they did but if they did that would really put them back on top.
If they did, I will take everything I said about them back

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:

lol...look how long it took them to figure out how to make a dsi cart..and now you think they got dsi mode cracked

pass me the pipe dude

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
Pliskron said:
Why did it take them this long to make a DSi cart?
I hope this card can live up the all mighty power house of the Supercard Two and does more than the Supercard Two, otherwise I doubt anyone wants to buy a new flllashcard this late.
Most of those wonderful supercard features work like crap. I think a DStwo like card that worked it would sell.
I wonder, do you even own a Supercard Two or are you just upset you don't have one?
At least it has the features it promises, sure they need a little work, but hey the SNES emulator is a hell of a lot better than any other snes emulator for the DS.
I have a supercard and a Wiz and the gba on the supercard is shit. It's too slow and has annoying frame skip. The snes is horrible. I can't even use it. The PDF sucks at reading pdf. If they were smart they'd have just done an epub reader. If you've used a device that can do SNES and GBA EMU at full speed you'd be aware of how far the supercard falls short in those categories. They did get ffree cheat, RTS, and game compatibility right so ZI think it's still the best all around card but I do wish they'd concentrate on getting things right rather than have a ton of features that wiork like shit. Now if TC could do all that, make it all work right and come in at a reasonable price I'd be the first one to buy.
For one, I have used several systems with perfect snes emulation, this including PSP, Xbox, and even my Wii, I know the Supercard Two doesn't have the best emulation for any of the systems it is emulating, but again as I said, please name me a better SNES and GBA emulator for the DS (without a slot 2 card) and I will use that, but I doudt you can name any emualtor for those systems on the DS, please note I am saying DS, not PSP nor Dingoo.
AS for the PDF viewer, in all honesty I never really got in depth with it and really don't think I will since I really don't care about it.
Either way if TC has proven anything, they don't know how to have reasonable prices and I doubt they are going to do anything that great with their new card and even if they do, the card is more than likely going to cost twice as much as the Supercard Two.
I'll take you up on that challenge SNEmulDS works way better than the DSTWO senes. As for GBA you're better of buying a DS lite and a 3in1 than useing the DStwo. As for price of the Cyclo I think they know if the price is too high no one will buy it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Pliskron said:
lol...look how long it took them to figure out how to make a dsi cart..and now you think they got dsi mode cracked

pass me the pipe dude
Actually they may have just been waiting to release a DSi cart to do that.
At least they'd get to claim something like "The only true DSi cart!"

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
Pliskron said:

pass me the pipe dude
I don't really thing that's the case but they'd have to do something on that scale to make any meaningful impression at thins time.

If you recall TC was actually the first team to get a cart working on a DSI so it's not for lack of knowledge that they didn't make one. They haven't been spending spending the past two years figuring out how to get their cart working on a DSi they had that figured out the week the DSi came out.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pliskron said:
I'll take you up on that challenge SNEmulDS works way better than the DSTWO senes. As for GBA you're better of buying a DS lite and a 3in1 than useing the DStwo. As for price of the Cyclo I think they know if the price is too high no one will buy it.
SNEmulDS can barely play any game properly and hasn't been updated in forever. And I said, just a flat out GBA emulation, no Slot 2, just Slot 1. As for the price, it better be worth the 50$ everyone knows they are going to charge for it.

macgeek417

妁眼のシャナ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
You don't even HAVE a DSTWO, do you? The SNES emulator is MILES better than SNEmulDS - It even supports some of the special chips.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
macgeek417 said:
Pliskron said:
You don't even HAVE a DSTWO, do you? The SNES emulator is MILES better than SNEmulDS - It even supports some of the special chips.
Test it with Dracula X the DSTWO has the worst frame skip I've ever seen and SNEmulDS is way smoother. There's no was you can say that's better. What the DStwo is more comparable but runs at 15 frames a sec. That's not better in my book thats not even usable. Try Demon's Crest on both it's the same thing SNEmulDS looks way better.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pliskron said:
macgeek417 said:
Pliskron said:
Test it with Dracula X the DSTWO has the worst frame skip I've ever seen and SNEmulDS is way smoother. There's no was you can say that's better. What the DStwo is more comparable but runs at 15 frames a sec. That's not better in my book thats not even usable. Try Demon's Crest on both it's the same thing SNEmulDS looks way better.
You know you can set the CPU from 2 to 4 right? Because that does make a difference since I was playing both those games the other day and they played just fine at CPU 3

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess cyclo has spent too much money on the DSi project to pull out now! if the 3DS takes time to crack, the Cyclops iEvolution might be profitable it probably doesn't pretend to be a certain game like TTi and R4i

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this little debate reminds of blueshockz, who thinks his r4i gold is better than acekard with akaio

personally I don't trust a team who can't even maintain a forum and pay their web bills

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sfg said:
So, they released some photos. The back of the box shows the features. What the hell are FPGA and MCU?

http://www.teamcyclops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13813

FPGA = Field-programmable gate array

MCU = Multipoint Control Unit

At least, that's what came up when I Googled the terms.

EDIT:
They have said again that they WILL release an update for the regular CycloDS, so all we have to do is wait....and wait.....sigh.....but an update IS coming....and a new cart!

As for the CycloDSi......well, maybe if I get a DSi XL at some point, I'll consider it, but otherwise, my regular CycloDS (and old R4 as backup) and my DSlite are serving me fine. I figure the CycloDSi will essentially be the same as a SupercardDS2.....extra CPU and all that. That's probably part of what the FPGA and MCU stuff is all about. I see it says it comes with an updater dealio.....I guess that would be for someone who updated their DSi and it blocked flashcarts. The updater thingy is so they can update the cart to work again without needing the DSi to do the update....maybe?

I guess we'll see as more info is made public. I wonder if they're gambling that they can make it work on the 3DS once that's released. I wonder if it will be able to play DSi-enhanced games in actual DSi mode. That would be a good selling point if it did.
Still, it seems too late in the DS lifespan to add another flashcart to the fray.....they should have skipped the DSi and concentrated on getting into the 3DS when it comes out.

tsol

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bit from that Wiki article for those that are lazy:

QUOTE said:
A micro-controller is a single integrated circuit, commonly with the following features:

* central processing unit - ranging from small and simple 4-bit processors to complex 32- or 64-bit processors
* discrete input and output bits, allowing control or detection of the logic state of an individual package pin
* serial input/output such as serial ports (UARTs)
* other serial communications interfaces like I²C, Serial Peripheral Interface and Controller Area Network for system interconnect
* peripherals such as timers, event counters, PWM generators, and watchdog
* volatile memory (RAM) for data storage
* ROM, EPROM, EEPROM or Flash memory for program and operating parameter storage
* clock generator - often an oscillator for a quartz timing crystal, resonator or RC circuit
* many include analog-to-digital converters
* in-circuit programming and debugging support

So basically this thing will be around SC2 level, we will have to see if it is better or worse, or if they have cracked DSi mode.. I wouldn't be surprised if they did, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't either. If they did I would imagine they would be saying so by now though.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
this little debate reminds of blueshockz, who thinks his r4i gold is better than acekard with akaio

personally I don't trust a team who can't even maintain a forum and pay their web bills
What are you talking about? Acekard can't even be bothered to maintain their own firmware the only reason Acekard isn't just like an R4 gold is because or Normat and Wood. At least TC does their coding.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You wish. FPGAs and Microcontrollers are used for the most basic of devices, even dumb peripherals. Pretty much every post-R4 device has been using an FPGA of some sort. On the other hand, there was no such feature on the original CEVO, so ther might be hope.

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
so will they put a GBA emulator on this cause it would be real close to a SCDSTWO
I'd imagine we'll hear something soon. If they do I hope it works better. Still I don't see them being successful if they stick to SCDS2 features. They're going to have to give people a reason to buy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/v3JULO-C70U