Homebrew [Update] FatesHaxx results, news and exploitability

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

Good work @seijinshu !!! I just cant stand all those guys who are saying you are a noob for trying even though they havent tried any programming/exploiting yet!!! Keep going and in the best you will find an exploit (in the worst you will prove that FE:f isnt exploitable)
If you think everyone in this thread has no knowledge of programming or working on exploits, you are sadly mistaken.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Good work @seijinshu !!! I just cant stand all those guys who are saying you are a noob for trying even though they havent tried any programming/exploiting yet!!! Keep going and in the best you will find an exploit (in the worst you will prove that FE:f isnt exploitable)
you really are trying to get trouble

seijinshu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Ignore this shit.

I might not have experience, but I think someone else should try looking for it while I start working on 3DS development. Once I get used to the 3DS, I'll go at this again.

Also, those who are saying I promised an exploit. You are pathetic. You never read the thread. You looked at a title, skimmed the thread, missing my statement over the fact that it was pure speculation.

Last edited by seijinshu, , Reason: Tired of this.

Wolfvak

nyaa~
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
With the way the devs are bitching about me, I want them to find it for themselves. Kinda like the exploits explained at that conference in December. If they wanna see if I'm right or not, they get to do it themselves. They are right when they say I have no experience. If they want an exploit, they find it themselves.
Are you fucking serious?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I think I've lost my faith in GBATemp and humanity

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the way the devs are bitching about me, I want them to find it for themselves. Kinda like the exploits explained at that conference in December. If they wanna see if I'm right or not, they get to do it themselves. They are right when they say I have no experience. If they want an exploit, they find it themselves.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you don't. You had to be told the difference between null and a blank space. As far as them finding an exploit...if there is one to find, it will eventually happen, however I've seen no evidence that the crash your friend experienced is indeed exploitable.

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I would've never guessed that the game wasn't exploitable in the first place.

D

Deleted User

The devs are not your slaves, and many people have said that to other people like you in the past, and to be honest, it's getting quite sickening to see it...
I appreciate the enthusiasm you have (or now had?) for FatesHax, and I understand that you may be very keen to get to know how to make an exploit for a game, but you have really got to watch your step where projects and sensitive subjects like this are concerned. Honestly, it's never an easy task to find a vulnerability in the way a game operates, and it's also not an easy task to exploit that vulnerability and write code to execute hax payloads from that vuln, and not to be too offensive but I think you are overlooking these two things by a long shot.

They are right when they say I have no experience. If they want an exploit, they find it themselves.
Oh, and by the way, having absolutely zero experience whatsoever in coding/exploit-finding and opening a previous thread and a blog entry about a "potential exploit in FE:F" do not mix very well, trust me! :teach:

seijinshu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might not have experience, but I think someone else should try looking for it while I start working on 3DS development. Once I get used to the 3DS, I'll go at this again.

Also, those who are saying I promised an exploit. You are pathetic. You never read the thread. You looked at a title, skimmed the thread, missing my statement over the fact that it was pure speculation.

Just updated some information.

Hate to burst your bubble, but you don't. You had to be told the difference between null and a blank space. As far as them finding an exploit...if there is one to find, it will eventually happen, however I've seen no evidence that the crash your friend experienced is indeed exploitable.
Plus. If you read anything, you would know that I said it wasn't.
This is now my own research, not based off a crash, but a possible crash.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, this is going nowhere. Seijinshu, you should have known this was going to happen. What you did takes some serious balls; You wanted to make a project that should have been held secret until you had the actual proof that it would work. You're NEVER supposed to make the fatal mistake, of displaying something that you think may or may not work. Because, you give people hope for a moment, but once they realized that that has been crushed, you piss people off. You can't get upset at the people who are raging at you, because you displayed something that..well, is shit. You never actually had anything to work with in the first place, and you pretty much lied to people saying that you were a dev. Then, when off saying that you have actual no experience in this type of stuff, let alone 3DS experience itself.

Shit, I couldn't code an exploit if my life depended on it. But, I know how to DEV stuff, not for the 3DS, Wii U or anything like that. But, for other things. And, even then, I would never say, "I think I found an exploit", and go "Oh, actually, I didn't make a promise. Don't get upset with me because I don't know what I'm doing." This has been done multiple times in the past, and people are fed up with it. I wouldn't even bother posting again until you found something that is actually useful, and could potentially lead to a secondary exploit.

Because, what's funny, is that this is going to be in-fact a secondary exploit if you're fucking with the save file. So, to be honest, it's not really that big of deal even if this does work out for you. Which, I'm sorry to say this, it probably won't.

But, shit, maybe you could put a foot in people's mouths, but until you show something that is actually useful,

Don't bother fucking posting again.

seijinshu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The devs are not your slaves, and many people have said that to other people like you in the past, and to be honest, it's getting quite sickening to see it...
I appreciate the enthusiasm you have (or now had?) for FatesHax, and I understand that you may be very keen to get to know how to make an exploit for a game, but you have really got to watch your step where projects and sensitive subjects like this are concerned. Honestly, it's never an easy task to find a vulnerability in the way a game operates, and it's also not an easy task to exploit that vulnerability and write code to execute hax payloads from that vuln, and not to be too offensive but I think you are overlooking these two things by a long shot.

Oh, and by the way, having absolutely zero experience whatsoever in coding/exploit-finding and opening a previous thread and a blog entry about a "potential exploit in FE:F" do not mix very well, trust me! :teach:
I don't treat devs like slaves and I do know that.
I like doing shit for my self.
I have years of experience in programming, just not exploit finding.
I am starting on this soon, just once my summer assignments are sent out/done and my new 3ds is set up (no one on my friends list seems to be able to see that I'm online, and i can't see anyone online from my end, which is odd since I've tried Luma Latest Stable, Luma Latest Commit, and Luma-Dev and nothing is working). I need basic 3DS development knowledge before I bash my head open on a desk trying to find memory that is exploitable.

I'm also looking at smashhax (my strength is networking, so I'm going to check that out) and seeing what I can do to that and try to see how I can implement it in other games, but I want to get some basic work done right now before I go make something like Smashhax.

Reactions: Deleted User

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright, nice work.
But.. why did this deserve it's own thread, there already is one.

seijinshu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, this is going nowhere. Seijinshu, you should have known this was going to happen. What you did takes some serious balls; You wanted to make a project that should have been held secret until you had the actual proof that it would work. You're NEVER supposed to make the fatal mistake, of displaying something that you think may or may not work. Because, you give people hope for a moment, but once they realized that that has been crushed, you piss people off. You can't get upset at the people who are raging at you, because you displayed something that..well, is shit. You never actually had anything to work with in the first place, and you pretty much lied to people saying that you were a dev. Then, when off saying that you have actual no experience in this type of stuff, let alone 3DS experience itself.

Shit, I couldn't code an exploit if my life depended on it. But, I know how to DEV stuff, not for the 3DS, Wii U or anything like that. But, for other things. And, even then, I would never say, "I think I found an exploit", and go "Oh, actually, I didn't make a promise. Don't get upset with me because I don't know what I'm doing." This has been done multiple times in the past, and people are fed up with it. I wouldn't even bother posting again until you found something that is actually useful, and could potentially lead to a secondary exploit.

Because, what's funny, is that this is going to be in-fact a secondary exploit if you're fucking with the save file. So, to be honest, it's not really that big of deal even if this does work out for you. Which, I'm sorry to say this, it probably won't.

But, shit, maybe you could put a foot in people's mouths, but until you show something that is actually useful,

Don't bother fucking posting again.
Meh, and I'm still going. I am a dev for other hacking communities (hackintosh community, for example. Trying to get a common SD reader working in OS X El Capitan).

And I also have my dad, which has some experience in stuff like this.

Alright, nice work.
But.. why did this deserve it's own thread, there already is one.
Old one got closed since it was trashed so badly. Blogging just isn't my thing.

Docmudkipz

Novice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jeez, can we get a mod to lock the thread. This is over and it never started. Take DKBs advice if you're planning on going into anything involving developing or hacking. Either way, this has gone way too far and it seriously needs to stop. You've hurt yourself and your reputation more than you can actually recover it.

Reactions: Mrrraou

seijinshu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<snip>

Jeez, can we get a mod to lock the thread. This is over and it never started. Take DKBs advice if you're planning on going into anything involving developing or hacking. Either way, this has gone way too far and it seriously needs to stop. You've hurt yourself and your reputation more than you can actually recover it.
Meh, When/if this is released, I'm not going to be the one making a thread, since I know how that will go.

And speaking of exploits, am I the only one who notices that a repo for a seemingly patched exploit is still chugging and making commits?

Last edited by raulpica, , Reason: Removed reply to trashed post -rp
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu