Hacking Update d2ckey and usb loaders

magnil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have not used my wii for a couple of months and there has really been some progress! Wonderful to be able to have the games on hd.

Tried to figure out how to be able to use USB loaders the best way but I really do not understand fully. I have the following,

Wii Pal with 3.2E
D2ckey installed
Homebrew channel 1.0.3
IOS37 v8.22

Can someone please help me with what and how I should update and proceed to be able to use USB loaders? Should I install Bootmi?

magnil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, seems like everyone thinks I should search and find out myself. I have really searched and read but do not understand fully.

Is the following right?

1 - Install Bootmii as boot2? (make nand dump)
2 - Install 4.0E from technoconsolas? (make nand dump)
3 - Install 4.1E from technoconsolas? (make nand dump)
4 - Install cios 38 v 14? (or should I do this before updates?)

Finished?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. Yep. Make a NAND dump before you start the serious stuff. I would move that to your computer (make a note about what this save point had installed) and do another NAND dump when everything is done and you're happy with it.
2&3. I believe there is one unified 4.1 update guide using Waninkoko's updater, consult this guide.
4. Rev14 can cause some issues with Brawl and a few other games at the moment. You're better off getting Rev10 or Rev13a, both of which are known to work with good compatibility.

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not necessary to upgrade the system menu and the only extra feature you get is the sd menu.

There's really no benefit to updating, in fact you get apps coming out that don't work with 4.0/4.1 etc. and if you remember 3.3v2 apparently disabled modchips. In which case I'd really recommend staying down at 3.2
wink.gif

magnil

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to both of you. I follwed the guide that Szalkow linked to (before seeing Alexrose's post). Everything went fine and I now have Preloader BUT wii is still 3.2E and no SD menu???

How can it be like that??? Followed every step carefully? Maybe I just should not care?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74nTzbgDGWM