The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
actually stuck at step 4 i dont see /luma/payloads/ folder on the sd card
Make it.
i somehow manage to update the luma by doing this https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s i only did the prep i had troubles making the chain loader to work and i got the FBI this can install any cia right?
That won't update your B9S install though. Luma 7.1 is B9S 1.0 only while the latest requires B9S 1.2 (or was it 1.3). If your 3DS still boots after updating Luma then chances are it wasn't booting before with 7.1, am I right? Because there's no way Luma 7.1 and 8.x should be able to boot using the same B9S version.
Yeah, FBI is the preferred method of installing CIAs but you should also get FreeShop.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Juicy_Kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Make it.

That won't update your B9S install though. Luma 7.1 is B9S 1.0 only while the latest requires B9S 1.2 (or was it 1.3). If your 3DS still boots after updating Luma then chances are it wasn't booting before with 7.1, am I right? Because there's no way Luma 7.1 and 8.x should be able to boot using the same B9S version.
Yeah, FBI is the preferred method of installing CIAs but you should also get FreeShop.
well the previous which is 7.1 its chain loader isnt booting but the luma 7.1 boots but when i did that guide it was able to run the chain loader hence i was able to update to the latest luma to 8.x i was also able to boot godmode 9 after the system reboots it must missing folders and such. is it possible to copy and paste the file thats on the current sd card to the other 1? without having complications coz the current one is so dam slow to install cia

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
well the previous which is 7.1 its chain loader isnt booting but the luma 7.1 boots but when i did that guide it was able to run the chain loader hence i was able to update to the latest luma to 8.x i was also able to boot godmode 9 after the system reboots it must missing folders and such. is it possible to copy and paste the file thats on the current sd card to the other 1? without having complications coz the current one is so dam slow to install cia
You can't copy and paste games from one to the other, games are encrypted per console. Otherwise people would just offer the installed files for download instead of cia, so no one had to spend time installing.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
You can't copy and paste games from one to the other, games are encrypted per console. Otherwise people would just offer the installed files for download instead of cia, so no one had to spend time installing.
He said from one SD card to the other though.
I'm a bit confused as to exactly what you did.
Anyway, moving between SD cards is no problem.

Juicy_Kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
When he mentioned slow installing cia, I thought he meant he wanted to not have to install stuff on the other console.
soz im not really good at wording things properly but ye i bought a SD card 98mbs SDHC and i wanted to move my files on the previous sd card which contains all the cia luma etc to this 1 n just wanted to ask if the luma HB B9S will still work

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
soz im not really good at wording things properly but ye i bought a SD card 98mbs SDHC and i wanted to move my files on the previous sd card which contains all the cia luma etc to this 1 n just wanted to ask if the luma HB B9S will still work
Yes as long as you're intending to use it on the same console

Deleted member 414661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So, I have an 11.5 or 11.6 O3DS with OoT3Dhax Homebrew.

Does the CFW install method on 3ds.guide for 11.3 (the Homebrew-based one) still work in higher versions with access to Homebrew?

If not, why?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So, I have an 11.5 or 11.6 O3DS with OoT3Dhax Homebrew.

Does the CFW install method on 3ds.guide for 11.3 (the Homebrew-based one) still work in higher versions with access to Homebrew?

If not, why?
No, because plain homebrew doesn't have arm9 access over 11.3. You will need the ntrboot method https://3ds.guide/ntrboot

Deleted member 414661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
No, because plain homebrew doesn't have arm9 access over 11.3. You will need the ntrboot method https://3ds.guide/ntrboot
Hmm, I just read this thoroughly and its fairly straightforward, moreso than I originally thought it to be.

Is there a way to downgrade the normal firmware to 11.3 from 11.5/6, or is that too complicated to bother with/not available?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hmm, I just read this thoroughly and its fairly straightforward, moreso than I originally thought it to be.

Is there a way to downgrade the normal firmware to 11.3 from 11.5/6, or is that too complicated to bother with/not available?
You'd only be able to downgrade if you had B9S installed, but then it would defeat the purpose :)

Deleted member 414661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Okay, so what physical store would I look in for an appropriate flash cart? And just to clarify, if a flash cart is stated to have ntrboot already working on it, can I skip the step on flashing the card?

I’m really cautious and inexperienced with technical stuff like this.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, so what physical store would I look in for an appropriate flash cart? And just to clarify, if a flash cart is stated to have ntrboot already working on it, can I skip the step on flashing the card?

Have a look at the guide I linked, there are links to the correct carts you can buy from the recommended shop. You won't find flashcarts on physical shops unfortunately.

Juicy_Kun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

there 2 new flashcarts that i think is ntrboot ready although for those cards i have yet seen a lot of reviews on it id get those instead to save some time but kinda hesitant about it

Deleted member 414661

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So, something I noticed when looking up video tutorials on how to CFW a system.

Flash carts have MicroSD slots on them, which works fine for the New3DS and new 2DS.

Which flash cart do you use if you’re on an Old 3DS that has only a normal-size SD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto