Hacking WIP Upcoming update for the SwitchBru DNS

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder if we will get a release this weekend.

Does this work well with Remx launcher by any chance?

Help with black screen streaming with Remx Launcher?

Probably not I'm afraid... likely mid-next week at the earliest. I'm glad to see you're excited about it, though!

I think it does, this DNS is the main way to access Remx Launcher. But the update doesn't change anything relating to how the browser works, only features on the landing page.

You're probably best to ask the developer about that, I've never used it myself, sorry.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if we will get a release this weekend.

Does this work well with Remx launcher by any chance?

Help with black screen streaming with Remx Launcher?
Offtopic

As mentioned in the REMx Launcher thread, some apps (e.g. chrome, desktop, windows store apps) show up as black. Some programs will work while others wont.
This should work with REMx Launcher, just navigate to it as usual.

Last edited by Mnecraft368,
Reactions: Ep8Script

pietempgba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean...?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ohhhh wait, update blocking. Yeah, we're like 95% sure it blocks updates. If you're worried about it tho, you can simply just disconnect from your wifi after using the SwitchBru DNS (or just switch your DNS settings back to one that you know blocks updates), but it should be good. Remember that this DNS was made for web browsing though, so that's not a major priority, but it SHOULD work.
youtube and other streaming services dont work. Sent by my switch

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Offtopic

As mentioned in the REMx Launcher thread, some apps (e.g. chrome, desktop, windows store apps) show up as black. Some programs will work while others wont.
This should work with REMx Launcher, just navigate to it as usual.
Thanks, I was hoping you'd show up.

youtube and other streaming services dont work. Sent by my switch
YouTube works if you use SwitchTube (which I created!), but not through the DNS, yeah.

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
We discovered that there was a bug with uploading themes, but it's been fixed now. While I doubt that anybody did, I apologise if there was someone who tried to upload a theme and had it fail on them at the time - won't happen again.

We're thinking of adding a color picker at some point with a live preview to make creating themes a lot easier, but not unless some more people show interest in creating custom themes at the point of release as I need to put resources into other things - might even add theme sharing too, but we'll see.

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found the HTML file of the server.
*removes google ads and hosts on private dns server*
;)

undefined.jpg
POVRkFe.jpg

Last edited by Mnecraft368,

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Found the HTML file of the server.
*removes google ads and hosts on private dns server*
;)

jk... it didnt work
Lol yeah, we keep it open. That's why it's gonna take me a long time when I'm finished everything to add comments to the code, lol... nobody will understand it after.

I need my prawnhub and kisscartoon etc
Lol fair enough

Reactions: Mnecraft368

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just thought of an idea to put into the account system of this new update.
You should add the option to make your own tabs by adding your own HTML code into them, if thats possible of course.

Ep8Script

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any news on the progress of this update? Excited to try it out :)
It's going great! Still don't really have a date, but at the moment I'm finally working on actual account integration and friends stuff, with most of the other things out of the way (while balancing it with Zelda! I just got it, but I already have some progress on it since I transferred my saves so it's not like I'm just starting out).

Just thought of an idea to put into the account system of this new update.
You should add the option to make your own tabs by adding your own HTML code into them, if thats possible of course.
Hmm, interesting. You mean like the tabs down the side? Given that there's not much space, that might be a little too hard... but remember that custom links are implemented already, and that's probably good too! :D

Last edited by Ep8Script,
Reactions: Mnecraft368

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I get it now. But then why does stuff like when people say use 8.8.8.8 for having a speed boost in internet? I seen youtube videos doing this on their ps4 game consoles. o_o

8.8.8.8 (and 4.4.4.4) are Google's public DNS servers. In cases where your ISP's DNS servers are slow, Google DNS would speed up all DNS lookups, which would be a noticeable improvement when browsing the web.

See also OpenDNS, or https://1.1.1.1 for Cloudflare's new DNS servers.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8.8.8.8 (and 4.4.4.4) are Google's public DNS servers. In cases where your ISP's DNS servers are slow, Google DNS would speed up all DNS lookups, which would be a noticeable improvement when browsing the web.

See also OpenDNS, or https://1.1.1.1 for Cloudflare's new DNS servers.
should I be using 1.1.1.1 instead of 8.8.8.8? :blink:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT