Hacking unscramble for Mac OS

SeaHawk22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant seem to get it to work? Any suggestions? I put the file in the same directory as the iso, it opens the terminal and then logs me out. Note it is in iso format but 4 736 698 369 bytes so it needs to be unscrambled.

Thanks

Anyone gotten it to successfully work? I cant send the file over to my windows partition because I formatted it into fat32 and its over the 4 gig max.

D

Deleted User

you've got to check the endianess of reads and writes. I know how to fix it but I don't have a lot of free time right now.

SeaHawk22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need to take an iso and turn into a bunch of smaller files so I can put the archived files on two separate dvds and then I can install it onto my windows partition (I mentioned earlier that I had a fat32 windows partition but I reformatted it in case anyone was wondering.)

Does anyone know of a program that i can do this with?

Azimuth

Chicken Teriyaki Boy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I need to take an iso and turn into a bunch of smaller files so I can put the archived files on two separate dvds and then I can install it onto my windows partition (I mentioned earlier that I had a fat32 windows partition but I reformatted it in case anyone was wondering.)

Does anyone know of a program that i can do this with?

winrar

D

Deleted User

use parallel to boot your bootcamp windows from os x, then drag and drop your images. You owe me 2 dvds.

SeaHawk22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a windows bootcamp partition formatted to ntfs. I can run parallels to boot my bootcamp partition and drop the file? I cant get winrar to separate the iso so I hope this works.

Thanks for all your help you guys have been great.

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or does this not help much?

I am still looking for an easy way to separate the iso into smaller files so I can burn them onto two disks and put them on my windows partition.

You've got a bunch of options. With Parallels, you can just drag and drop the files to your Windows partition; it supports both FAT32 and NTFS. You could also use any archiving program and split it into multiple archives such as zip, 7zip, rar, etc. You could even try compressing the iso into one file and see if you get it under 4GB.

Azimuthim not sure but does osx have the terminal command split

Yes, /usr/bin/split

SeaHawk22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it me or does this not help much?

I am still looking for an easy way to separate the iso into smaller files so I can burn them onto two disks and put them on my windows partition.

You've got a bunch of options. With Parallels, you can just drag and drop the files to your Windows partition; it supports both FAT32 and NTFS. You could also use any archiving program and split it into multiple archives such as zip, 7zip, rar, etc. You could even try compressing the iso into one file and see if you get it under 4GB.

Azimuth said:
im not sure but does osx have the terminal command split

Yes, /usr/bin/split

I have a partition that I have windows on, i use a program that allows me to choose what OS I want to boot, I think its called refit? Can I instal parallels and run the partition drive from the max os? I was under the impression the mac os would only recognize fat32 not ntfs, but it will when its run through parallels?

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a partition that I have windows on, i use a program that allows me to choose what OS I want to boot, I think its called refit? Can I instal parallels and run the partition drive from the max os? I was under the impression the mac os would only recognize fat32 not ntfs, but it will when its run through parallels?

Correct, you can write to NTFS through Parallels. And OSX can read NTFS volumes fine but only supports writing to FAT (when referring to "Windows" filesystems, of course).

And why are you using rEFIt? Are you triple-booting?

SeaHawk22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a partition that I have windows on, i use a program that allows me to choose what OS I want to boot, I think its called refit?  Can I instal parallels and run the partition drive from the max os?  I was under the impression the mac os would only recognize fat32 not ntfs, but it will when its run through parallels?

Correct, you can write to NTFS through Parallels. And OSX can read NTFS volumes fine but only supports writing to FAT (when referring to "Windows" filesystems, of course).

And why are you using rEFIt? Are you triple-booting?

I had set it up originally to triple boot, but I like being able to choose what OS i want to start. I believe with bootcamp you have to hold down a button or something.

Thanks for the help, I am going to give it a shot. I have been having a heck of time doing a simple compress and burn, files have gotten corrupt, coasters etc..

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good luck!
grog.gif

moshii

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the same problem.
I have a ppc g4 and the beautiful message "no seed found for recording frame 0" :'(

Endian problem probably ... If I had a PPC machine around still I'd fix it for you, unfortunately my Amiga is back in England. I don't have any big endian machines around, which is shame.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty