Undertale getting physical release on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita

The critically acclaimed indie game, Undertale, will be getting a release on Sony platforms this summer. For those that didn't get to experience the game on PC, back when it launched in 2015, Undertale's PlayStation release will be both digital and physical, as well as offer a Japanese localization by the company 8-4. Fangamer, who has been behind most of Undertale's physical merchandise will also offer boxed editions of the game, and a collector's edition, to boot! All standard physical versions will ship with a 24 page artbook, while the collector's edition will offer a full soundtrack CD, sheet music for the game's songs, a heart locket, and a collector's box. There's no set price available at this time, but the product will launch this summer.

Kurt91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Played it on PC a while back. Wasn't bad, but I can't see myself buying the same game again. The physical stuff is nice if you like to collect that sort of stuff, but unless they're adding actual content to the game, I'm not really that interested.

Besides, as much as everybody praises this game for the kill or spare approach,"Iji" did it better, came out first, and is actually freeware so you don't have to pay anything for it. As "innovative" as this game supposedly is, it's really a two way approach with no real choices in between. The "neutral" route is only there to tell you that you screwed up and you need to go to one extreme or the other, and tries to essentially force a second playthrough.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It reminds me of how some players actually play metal gear solid without killing anyone, to get a big boss rank, is something i never done but always wanted to try. Then again, since there some rpg games that are actually made to be playable without grinding since is action based fair dodge attacks system like mario & luigi, which is one of the rpg games i like the most. :unsure:
I still haven't played a metal gear game where I kill someone.

oh, and Golden Sun required zero grinding as well. Just don't avoid fights and the game is continually at an enjoyable level of difficulty. Quality balance right there....though obviously you've got to kill the crap out of everything. but eh.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't played a metal gear game where I kill someone.

oh, and Golden Sun required zero grinding as well. Just don't avoid fights and the game is continually at an enjoyable level of difficulty. Quality balance right there....though obviously you've got to kill the crap out of everything. but eh.
Pier Solar and the great architects is another game that don't require to level grind. Actually there is a achievement that requires no unnecessary battles, same with final fantasy 8, you have to complete the game on without level up for Squall Leon on starting level 7.

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Besides, as much as everybody praises this game for the kill or spare approach,"Iji" did it better, came out first, and is actually freeware so you don't have to pay anything for it.
You do have to remember the vast difference in gameplay and overall tone that really set the two games apart. (Some may also give credence to Undertale for having native builds for both macOS and Linux-based operating systems while Iji has to be ran with a third-party Windows compatibility layer on either family of operating systems.)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So now I can buy it and place it straight in the trash

Its cool that indie stuff is getting limited print runs, but man I really wish Undertale would go away

Reactions: Empu1

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always wanted to try portable undertale. never in my wildest dreams did i expect a vita release

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I heard it originally and I told myself I wouldn't get it but after seeing that sexy box I just couldn't resist. Yes, I buy games for the boxes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

...I don't get it. The PC version can run anywhere. Who would ever get it on PS4?
People who probably want physical versions of the game

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm getting it.

1- I'm a fan, and if you know me since 2010/2011 when I joined here, I am a massive EarthBound/MOTHER3 fan and this game is literally inspired of EarthBound.
2- I'm aware that the fan base of this game is shit and I keep saying that, Undertale's fan base is at the same level of shit of Sonic's/My Little Pony's fan base.
3- This game is supposed to be simplistic, even tho I know its made from Game Maker so it had literally any cost of making the game at all, if any.
4- In my opinion, sometimes the more simplistic things can be better, everyone kept jerking their dicks off to Mighty no.9 even tho I never gave two fucks about it but completely discarded, providing no reason, the game as soon as it came out to the public.

Last edited by Yepi69,

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, how much did Sony pay Toby Fox to make it PlayStation exclusive?

This has nothing to do with Nintendo. It's just inspired by Nintendo games.
Romhacks are inspired by Nintendo games, too, wouldn't you say? They are basically modified. Undertale is a highly modified version of Earthbound, if you think about it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, i'd say serious level