Tactical RPG 'Gloomhaven' to get physical editions for Switch and PlayStation

gloomhaven.jpg

Gloomhaven the tactical RPG based on Isaac Childres's board game is launching on consoles next month. Ahead of its release, the physical Gloomhaven Mercenaries Edition for the Switch, PS4 and PS5 versions has been announced.

This special edition launches on September 19, and includes the base game, one of six exclusive collectible cards and the Solo Scenarios: Mercenary Challenges DLC which features new missions crafted by the original board game designer.

Gloomhaven is set in a dark fantasy universe that combines the best elements of strategic board gaming and digital adventuring. Delve into the entire epic board game campaign, covering the original 95 scenarios and event missions brimming with danger and excitement, to become the best mercenary team in the city of Gloomhaven. Or play through the digital-exclusive Guildmaster campaign, where over 160 missions await. There are thousands of abilities to discover, along with hundreds of perks, enhancements, and gear to customize your loadout as you master your team synergies and deck to survive against hordes of fearsome undead, monsters, and demons.

Adapted from the Solo Scenarios board game expansion of Gloomhaven, Solo Scenarios: Mercenary Challenges DLC includes 17 new scenarios, each with its own unique reward. There is a twist, however, and players can only complete each mission with its specific mercenary for an added layer of challenge.

Gloomhaven Mercenaries Edition will be available on PS4, PS5 and Nintendo Switch on September 19. The digital version of the base game will launch on September 18 on the latter platforms as well as Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.

:arrow: SOURCE: GBAtemp Inbox

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a good 225 hours in this on PC and have played this every week with friends since early access. It's a 1:1 adaptation of Gloomhaven and all scenarios in its roughly 150+ hour main campaign. Which is great because Gloomhaven is rated as one of the best board games of all time on BGG but this is automated so you won't have to shuffle decks, move around enemy units or do any setup at all really. It saves you hours of IRL time. It can be hard, mindbogglingly so for new players who haven't learned to synergize and work together. I really hope they adapt Frosthaven(Gloomhaven's sequel) into a videogame too.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The thread title gets cut off to "Tactical RPG 'Gloomhaven' to get physical edition" on the homepage, and only knowing Gloomhaven as the (physical) board game, I got really confused :unsure: :lol:

Youkai

Demon
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Epic had this for free before ... got it tried it for 10 mins and deleted it again ... one of the worse games I ever tried BUT I assume thats less because the Game is bad but because I just couldn't care less reading so much text (and I played some very text heavy games like the Trails series)

When I finaly got into the fights I didn't even understand how to move my units and I just got some attack cards that also again had way to much text .... got super annoyed and didn't even try to understand -.-V

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Epic had this for free before ... got it tried it for 10 mins and deleted it again ... one of the worse games I ever tried BUT I assume thats less because the Game is bad but because I just couldn't care less reading so much text (and I played some very text heavy games like the Trails series)

When I finaly got into the fights I didn't even understand how to move my units and I just got some attack cards that also again had way to much text .... got super annoyed and didn't even try to understand -.-V
It's apparently very faithful to the table top game. So it's most likely extremely limited in the term of the target audience. It's personally not a game for me either.
I know a friend that is in to Gloomhaven table top he play with friends. So he probably would like this.

That's not an excuse. Regardless of what others write, you don't react that way as a moderator.
I have no rules to uphold a standard when it was such an obvious joke from my part. I guess I need to add the /s next time.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Heh... I saw this thread title (gloomhaven gets a physical edition) and couldn't help wonder if it had gone full circle somehow: it has a physical edition years before the pc version came out. :P

Though I'm a board gamer and got that game for free on epic, I haven't tried it. My experience with board game apps is that the more advanced ones just aren't that fun on pc/consoles and certainly don't evoke the same emotions as the board game.

Then again, I'll most likely play it before spending 150+ bucks on the actual board game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah they gotta reproduce somehow