Hacking New 3DS FlashCart - Sky3DS firmware 9.0

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having recently revisited the gateway threads (or at least the golden threads entries it and the run up to it created) I find the "spoiled by gateway" stuff to be exceptionally amusing.

This whole worry about 10 games and the cart is done intrigues me as well. I know we are a pessimistic and cynical lot by nature but it would seem to fly in the face of most modern electronics design. I imagine that is probably the greater translation barrier.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't believe that newcomer ''Sky3ds'' at all, i was heard from a reliable source that, Sky3DS team will release a new video for running their card on a newest 3DSLL(V9.1.0-20J) console within 1 hr. they might also want to clarify sth as well. Let's wait and see!

Finally someone with credible sources.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so now we just have to see if K3ds gets the same video, if they crop the sky3ds logo out of the video or try cover it up that pretty would convince me k3ds is another troll job

but then again they guy i am talking to is apparently in talk with the K3DS side of things and also said they where doing another video yesterday......so idk its looking fairly likely the cards are just the same card different stickers

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im happy they showed the button on the cart this time but it amazes me how many fingerprints they have on the top screens of both their 3ds's

New video on the website shows the card running on N3DS

its not surprising that it works. n3ds has the same chips as the existing 3ds only difference is number of cores available and extra ram.

Battosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I emailed them about the 10 games earlier and got this
baows.PNG

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok first they present a nice video with N3ds and they they confirm you ll get backup for 12USD. I mean the sole purpose of this device is piracy, and not emulation which is the case in Gateway card, and the way they made this card is just-wrong.

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
lolwat this shit is retarded, these guys want you to pay 120 bucks only to play a limited amount of games, I seriously hope that some smartass will hack their stuff so we can at least change the games as we want...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well im wondering how its done.....if the details are stored to the SPI chip......you could probably just wipe it using something like the R4 save dongle.........but i'm thinking they will of already thought of that.....would it even be possible to log them to the FPGA or something :huh:

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
well im wondering how its done.....if the details are stored to the SPI chip......you could probably just wipe it using something like the R4 save dongle.........but i'm thinking they will of already thought of that.....would it even be possible to log them to the FPGA or something :huh:
It wouldn't even surprise me if the 10 game thing wasn't intentional DRM, but a side effect of the way they store things like save files to make it seem legit to the 3DS.
Ok first they present a nice video with N3ds and they they confirm you ll get backup for 12USD. I mean the sole purpose of this device is piracy, and not emulation which is the case in Gateway card, and the way they made this card is just-wrong.
Emulation? The gateway's sole purpose has been only piracy for a long time. Eventually they got homebrew but that was more of an afterthought.

justln

Trophies
XP
Country
The 10 game limit is just bullshit to generate extra revenue after the initial purchase. No deal for me.

keyra

Spoderman self proclamed fan
Trophies
XP
Country
France
after a second video it's even harder to think it's a fake...
i'll wait :) 10 games is far than enough for me since i already bought most of those i like

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol