Uncharted 4 will be the next PlayStation exclusive ported to PC, says Sony document

uncharted.png

Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment has just wrapped up an investor presentation regarding the future of the PlayStation brand. The published report shows plenty of new data about the PlayStation 5's recent sales performance, in which the system has had the highest-ever launch sales out of any previous Sony game system (7.8m units). It also discusses the company's plans to bring its IPs to a wider audience, while also targeting fans in locations where consoles aren't as popular as PCs, citing the successful reception of both Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn on the platform thus far. On that same slide, we can see that Sony still intends to bring more of its games over to PC, including one that hasn't been officially announced yet. Uncharted 4 appears to be the next PlayStation 4 exclusive that will get the PC treatment, clearly listed under the "more PC releases planned" tab. No other details were mentioned regarding the port.

:arrow: Source

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not Bloodborne, don't care ;O;

Though TBH I would've thought they'd maybe do the Uncharted collection first as opposed to just shoving 4 on there, get people interested in the series and then "persuade" them to grab a PS4/PS5 so they can experience 4 and all that.

Still, that's nice I guess, more Sony exclusive ports are a-ok by me...so long as Bloodborne is on that list :whip:

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Fk off really STOP porting exclusive games!!!!!!!!! And ps5 claims to have the most "exclusives" ever.. Well Im not getting them. See you in 7 years when they are on pc!

Reactions: Naster

Deleted member 532471

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another genius decision from the current Sony heads

They will drive people away from their latest console AND dilute their franchises at the same time.
Whoever is in charge has to be intentionally trying to tank it, no other explanation makes sense at this point

Reactions: Chrisssj2
D

Deleted User

Wouldn't it make sense to also port the Trilogy? I mean if someone is only a PC gamer they might want to play the 3 games before 4.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Anyway mad about this should get over it. It's not like this game came out in the last 12 months. It actually came out FIVE YEARS AGO this month. You shouldn't feel like a 5 year old game has to be on your console of choice forever, and I have owned all the PS consoles other than 5 (I will own 5 one day) so it's not like I'm just some PC gamer. I play them all.

Last edited by ,

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Yet another genius decision from the current Sony heads

They will drive people away from their latest console AND dilute their franchises at the same time.
Whoever is in charge has to be intentionally trying to tank it, no other explanation makes sense at this point

They’re likely betting that the amount of people who wouldn’t buy the console as a result of these ports will be minimal, meaning that by releasing games on PC they can potentially generate more revenue on a per game basis.

So far AFAIK the ports have been several years old games, chances are if you buy this on PC it means you’re not a Playstation customer or someone is repurchasing a game for some reason e.g. mods. In other words it’s more revenue for Sony.

The only time I’d have a problem is if they release a console exclusive, but don’t announce that it’s planned to come to PC in the near future e.g. 1 year.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know consoles will always have a place because they keep all players on that platform at the same performance level (well I suppose with pro models these days, this isn't quite as true, but still, very little variance in performance with maybe only 2 different performance levels, outside of internet speeds), but moves like this do help push the narrative that dedicated consoles are losing purpose. Soon enough the day will come that all the best Playstation and Xbox games can be officially played on the same device (PC).

Thing is, I'm not against or for this, it seems inevitable and I get why it's happening, and I can also see that home consoles aren't about to disappear anytime soon either. I do just feel like some of the magic that each gaming system used to hold as part of their unique identities really does seem to be fading away, and that's just kinda a small bummer. I dunno.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps