Uncharted 4 will be the next PlayStation exclusive ported to PC, says Sony document

uncharted.png

Jim Ryan, CEO of Sony Interactive Entertainment has just wrapped up an investor presentation regarding the future of the PlayStation brand. The published report shows plenty of new data about the PlayStation 5's recent sales performance, in which the system has had the highest-ever launch sales out of any previous Sony game system (7.8m units). It also discusses the company's plans to bring its IPs to a wider audience, while also targeting fans in locations where consoles aren't as popular as PCs, citing the successful reception of both Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn on the platform thus far. On that same slide, we can see that Sony still intends to bring more of its games over to PC, including one that hasn't been officially announced yet. Uncharted 4 appears to be the next PlayStation 4 exclusive that will get the PC treatment, clearly listed under the "more PC releases planned" tab. No other details were mentioned regarding the port.

:arrow: Source

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I honestly cannot comprehend this egotistical mindset of console peasants
(!! not to be confused with your average console enjoyer ... you guys are cool!!)
When a PC exclusive game I liked gets ported to other platforms (Undertale or Stardew Valley for example),
I'm extremely pleased that more people get the opportunity to experience these games I love...

Why do you not want other people to have awesome things too?
Is the thought of more people getting to enjoy the same thing you do, THAT painful?

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly cannot comprehend this egotistical mindset of console peasants
(!! not to be confused with your average console enjoyer ... you guys are cool!!)
When a PC exclusive game I liked gets ported to other platforms (Undertale or Stardew Valley for example),
I'm extremely pleased that more people get the opportunity to experience these games I love...

Why do you not want other people to have awesome things too?
Is the thought of more people getting to enjoy the same thing you do, THAT painful?

They're the reason why the petty "console wars" exist. It's to stroke peoples ego on justifying a piece of hardware they picked.

D

Deleted User

One day there will be a machine superior to PC that plays PC, Sony and Xbox.

And Nintendo will be the other company with a handheld console.

Reactions: Darksabre72

ucupetuks

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
well its call free game from sony to promote their game on pc user, it will be cracked on day one, its marketing purpose only, they wont expecting money from here

Wickedchew

Masks Works..Wear it!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some people hate sony's idea
other people love the idea and cant wait for day 1 crack
most of people cant wait for Nude Mods

Reactions: Raylight

Edgarska

Conjurer of cheap tricks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet another genius decision from the current Sony heads

They will drive people away from their latest console AND dilute their franchises at the same time.
Whoever is in charge has to be intentionally trying to tank it, no other explanation makes sense at this point

I would guess they've hired analysts to figure out that the idiots who get so mad about other people having access to the same games to the point they would stop buying consoles are outnumbered by the ones who don't care, and they think there's enough people without consoles who would buy the games, which makes sense seeing the sales figures of the HZD PC port.

Reactions: HRudyPlayZ

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Fk off really STOP porting exclusive games!!!!!!!!! And ps5 claims to have the most "exclusives" ever.. Well Im not getting them. See you in 7 years when they are on pc!

Why wouldn't you want to port exclusives?

Its okay. im over it. Im just not getting the ps5. No reason to. Everything going on pc anyways

Their tactic is to port games they have a sequel to be released to hype people into getting the PS5. They won't be porting new games anytime soon and probably will only port them if they release another sequel in the future. Not saying you should buy a PS5, just saying not to expect all games to be ported.

MasterPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
no way they're only going to port 4 that'd just be fucking idiotic for multiple reasons

Is it really that bad? It was my understanding that this game was mostly about the spectacle and witty character interactions rather than plot. You can totally enjoy Terminator 2 without ever having seen Terminator 1.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Why? Just watch in on youtube, there is no gameplay anyway. Plot is mostly absent too tho, so don't bother at all.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Console players being upset about this is hilarious. There are still reasons to own a console if you're the kind of person who still buys them. For example, things mostly just work on consoles. You don't have to worry about poor optimization to the same extent as PC players since you're on the same hardware as everyone else using the latest PlayStation, so you'll have an essentially equal experience as them.
No reason to get upset that people on another platform get to play your hand-me-downs; if anything this will broaden the appeal of Sony's exclusives by introducing them to another market who may have missed out in the past. I know that I, for one, have no interest in buying a PlayStation, but would at least consider trying some of their titles on PC. It's a smart decision that I'm pretty sure is already paying off for Microsoft, who's been doing this since last gen with some titles.

grey72

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is it really that bad? It was my understanding that this game was mostly about the spectacle and witty character interactions rather than plot. You can totally enjoy Terminator 2 without ever having seen Terminator 1.
AFAIK U4 loses some impact if you don't know nate's previous adventures

Why? Just watch in on youtube, there is no gameplay anyway. Plot is mostly absent too tho, so don't bother at all.
This TBH, the gameplay is the same shooting gallery repeated a couple of dozen times.

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now when is nintendo coughing up their games on pc
Why bother when the wii u, cube can be emulated pretty well, you there have 99% of the switch library just there.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

AFAIK U4 loses some impact if you don't know nate's previous adventures

This TBH, the gameplay is the same shooting gallery repeated a couple of dozen times.
Thats the same as mario since the 80s.

What your failing to get is, yes its an adventure/shooter, thats never going to change, but its the story thats its backbone, now its not told this story before.

Your comment is like (using nintendo) bitching that mario games is the same crap all the time, even its backbone story is the same, bowser kidnaps peach, must repeate the same shit over the entirw game to rescue her.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Tbf while playing days gone i thought uncharted series would be good to port to pc, if ND titles are coming over, then maybe TLOU 1 & 2 will.

Lets just hope its done properly unlike days gone with its game breaking bugs and other stupid bugs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo