Hacking [Uncensor] Project Zero: Maiden Of Black Water

Nagdarahop

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Dun know if ur asking or saying there is one, but i did try for a little bit to add more menu options to have all outfits in the game, but, i dun know how to code, so i never managed to do it.

After replacing did you confirm if the mp4 file u inserted was indeed the one with the bikini?
If it checks out right then i can only imagine the cutscene ur talking about is a real time game render cutscene n not the mp4.
yes it is. it took me awhile to find that video and found it on a fatal frame fan russians.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

thank you for all but i cant find the link to that anymore:
"the bikini video from the JPN game"
can you reupload please?
thank you!
i want to share it with you but im not yet allowed to share links or send a pm since im a new kid on town

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, the game has a more literal, rough, English translation of the jpn original text inside the game's files, which ofc is not selectable nor available for in game use.

That rough translation, is not as clean as the official one used, even has some obvious formatting flaws in some places, but, i find that translation more interesting, and in general gives more info than the translation they ended up using.

I am thinking about creating an extra patch so that ppl who wanna try out the rough english text, particularly ppl who already finished the game and wanna do a playthrough with a somewhat different feel to it, can try it, and who knows might even find it more interesting too.

I'm really busy for the next 2 weeks, but after that and, as i have time, i will see if it can even be done.
Also, since the text in the rough translation is longer in some parts, i'm afraid that there will be layout issues, such as text going out of borders or even unreadable due to lack of screen space. It is possible to alter layouts, but that's too much work and i am not going to even touch that. With some luck tho, there won't be many, or even any issues.

Thinking ahead n assuming i manage to indeed make use of the rough english translation, i wonder if i should simply replace the official english with the rough, or, change one of the other languages to english. Maybe change one of the other languages so that both english translations can be used n available for comparison :)

MultiKoopa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the game has a more literal, rough, English translation of the jpn original text inside the game's files, which ofc is not selectable nor available for in game use.

That rough translation, is not as clean as the official one used, even has some obvious formatting flaws in some places, but, i find that translation more interesting, and in general gives more info than the translation they ended up using.

I am thinking about creating an extra patch so that ppl who wanna try out the rough english text, particularly ppl who already finished the game and wanna do a playthrough with a somewhat different feel to it, can try it, and who knows might even find it more interesting too.

I'm really busy for the next 2 weeks, but after that and, as i have time, i will see if it can even be done.
Also, since the text in the rough translation is longer in some parts, i'm afraid that there will be layout issues, such as text going out of borders or even unreadable due to lack of screen space. It is possible to alter layouts, but that's too much work and i am not going to even touch that. With some luck tho, there won't be many, or even any issues.

Thinking ahead n assuming i manage to indeed make use of the rough english translation, i wonder if i should simply replace the official english with the rough, or, change one of the other languages to english. Maybe change one of the other languages so that both english translations can be used n available for comparison :)
probably change one of the other languages, or maybe give an option for which language should be changed, if possible?

this is neat though

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Wow that's a very interesting find! I remember some people saying they preferred GG Gab's translation over the official one, i'm very interested to try this one

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
maybe give an option for which language should be changed
From me, this will never happen as my programming knowledge is close to 0, so i'll really have to change a language.

Wow that's a very interesting find!
Not a new find tho, as i've known and read some of that rough english since like 5y ago, just never gave it much thought till now.
Btw, i only saw a couple of Gab's videos, has she done a written translation, or she did a live voice translation?

Also a curious thing is that the japanese text present in the western releases was revised n updated from the original jpn release, i did a quick comparison and found some changes/corrections to the jpn text, but, the english text translations that they are using is from the original jpn release and not the revised jpn lol

Last edited by Elusivo,
Reactions: krueger96

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
From me, this will never happen as my programming knowledge is close to 0, so i'll really have to change a language.

Not a new find tho, as i've known and read some of that rough english since like 5y ago, just never gave it much thought till now.
Btw, i only saw a couple of Gab's videos, has she done a written translation, or she did a live voice translation?

Also a curious thing is that the japanese text present in the western releases was revised n updated from the original jpn release, i did a quick comparison and found some changes/corrections to the jpn text, but, the english text translations that they are using is from the original jpn release and not the revised jpn lol
I didn't know that, i wonder if they will update the english translation for the remaster. Regarding Gab's videos, I don't know as i did not watch them, but i did watch her FF4 series and she did translate all in game text

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
After many crashes and finally remembering properly how to mod things in this game :P i successfully changed German to the rough English.

Pretty obvious that textures would need to be changed too, which would add a looooot more work, so, i'll just change the official English to the rough English, that way the textures will match (also, unfortunately, there's no rough textures available lol).

If i not too lazy i should have the patches up for the 3 game releases by the end of the weekend.
I'll make them as a separate patch that can be applied over any previously original or patched game so that it won't disrupt anything.

upload_2021-9-3_20-58-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-9-3_21-7-56.png
    upload_2021-9-3_21-7-56.png
    821.8 KB · Views: 101
Last edited by Elusivo,

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After many crashes and finally remembering properly how to mod things in this game :P i successfully changed German to English.

Pretty obvious that textures would need to be changed too, which would add a looooot more work, so, i'll just change the official English to the rough English, that way the textures will match (also, unfortunately, there's no rough textures available lol).

If i not too lazy i should have the patches up for the 3 game releases by the end of the weekend.
I'll make them as a separate patch that can be applied over any previously original or patched game so that it won't disrupt anything.

View attachment 274765
That's amazing, i wanted to replay the game with your alternate kimono mod anyway, but now i'm really looking forward to see this translation

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
That's amazing, i wanted to replay the game with your alternate kimono mod anyway, but now i'm really looking forward to see this translation
Finished it ^^ i'll update op soon, i'm adding the patch here already.

Hm, i should change the wording from alternate kimono to ceremonial kimono, as that is the kimono used in weddings iirc

Attachments

• PZ5_Rough_En_Patch.7z
    197.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by Elusivo,

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Finished it ^^ i'll update op soon, i'm adding the patch here already.

Hm, i should change the wording from alternate kimono to ceremonial kimono, as that is the kimono used in weddings iirc
Thank you so much for making this! I have alot going in right now, but i'll surely make another playthrough with this mod
And yes you're right about the kimonos, didn't think about it

Edit:
@Elusivo i've tried the rough english patch, but it doesn't work on the eur disc version. I booted it up in english as i thought the game had a language selection, i realised it didn't and changed the console's language to german, but everything was still in german. Then i did the same thing with french, but no results. Then i thought i forgot to actually transfer the patched files, so i did it again, booted it in german with no result, then i set the console's language back to italian (the game usually just loads in english as there is no italian localisation) but this time it made a loud noise immediately after the splash screen, and the console blackscreened. I don't know if this is a problem with the european disc version specifically, but the patch doesn't seem to be working

Edit 2:
tried repatching the files again, the files are properly patched and i double checked to make sure (decrypted the original game again and took the files from there) and it still freezes. This happened when i changed from german and french back to english, i'm not trying to do it again as i'm scared corrupting something on the wii u's hard drive. Maybe this works fine on cemu, but it's not stable on an actual wii u
i'm pretty sure decrypting the original files, applying the uncensor patches, the rough eng patch on top of them and repacking the files might work, that's what i did with the other mods: i reinstalled the game already patched. I think this has something to do with the game being extremely sensitive to modding the main executable file, because it attempts to start, then it makes a loud noise and freezes the console, but you can see it actually "starting" because you can see the splash screen going black for half a second, which is exactly what happens when the game normally boots. I think i'll delete the game files and wait before reinstalling it just in case there is some bug that needs to be be fixed in the mod itself, so i don't have to reinstall the game twice. Could you please double check the files to make sure there is no error in the patch? I'll wait for your answer before trying this

Last edited by krueger96,

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Edit 3: to be 100% sure my console wasn't the problem, i booted my actual project zero disc, and everything worked fine. Sorry, no more updates from me now lmao

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, sorry, only saw ur msgs now.

Weird that choosing Italian crashes the game, it shouldn't as the language defaults to english, but i will recheck once i have time.
I dun remember if i updated the files that i uploaded to the 1st post, but u might wanna check if those are working.

Also, i din touch any other language besides english.
I changed the original english to the rough english, this is due to the reason that there's many textures being used as text, so if choosing any other system language than english then it would show english text mixed with german or french text.

I indeed only tested it in cemu, but before, whenever a patch worked in cemu it worked in the console.

You placed both the .rpx and the .bin files, selected the correct game version and u got no error from the .bat file right? (I will check if i din cross up the game version selection later too).
Also, you're saying that when booting in english it doesn't crash?

The rough english is similar to the oficial english, but, in the 1st screens is very easy to know if the patch was successfully applied because of the text formatting and when there's a button to advance to another screen, at the prologues for example, on the original english it says to press A to go NEXT, and on the patched version is says SKIP instead of next. You can see that on the screen in the post above #367, when it says skip, that's the rough english.
What does yours say after you apply the patch?

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, sorry, only saw ur msgs now.

Weird that choosing Italian crashes the game, it shouldn't as the language defaults to english, but i will recheck once i have time.
I dun remember if i updated the files that i uploaded to the 1st post, but u might wanna check if those are working.

Also, i din touch any other language besides english.
I changed the original english to the rough english, this is due to the reason that there's many textures being used as text, so if choosing any other system language than english then it would show english text mixed with german or french text.

I indeed only tested it in cemu, but before, whenever a patch worked in cemu it worked in the console.

You placed both the .rpx and the .bin files, selected the correct game version and u got no error from the .bat file right? (I will check if i din cross up the game version selection later too).
Also, you're saying that when booting in english it doesn't crash?

The rough english is similar to the oficial english, but, in the 1st screens is very easy to know if the patch was successfully applied because of the text formatting and when there's a button to advance to another screen, at the prologues for example, on the original english it says to press A to go NEXT, and on the patched version is says SKIP instead of next. You can see that on the screen in the post above #367, when it says skip, that's the rough english.
What does yours say after you apply the patch?
Hey, thank you for your reply! I see, i thought i read you ended up replacing the German localisation, which is why i thought it wasn't working
If that's the case then everything will probably work fine, i just need to repatch the game files and repack them into installable format. Regarding the freezes, it's very weird. This game is very picky to installing mods, way more than others on wii u, i had best results when modifying the files before installing
I'll redownload the files from the main post just to be sure i don't have an outdated version and let you know if it's working, with the game freezing and all i already uninstalled it the other day, i should have some spare time this Saturday

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This game is very picky to installing mods, way more than others on wii u, i had best results when modifying the files before installing
Probly my fault too, i did mention that the rough english patch switches the official English with the rough in the "readme 1st" text file, but din write how to quickly check if the patch was successful or not! I'll add it later.

This game is not picky lol it's extreme! If i din mod n patch the program/files correctly down to the last byte (meaning they work fine), the game will either crash at launch or when loading an improper 3D model like it happened to me many times lol

If you're reinstalling the game all over again (which is a pain in the ass n shouldn't be needed) u can do all the patches, including the rough english before installing the game like the other mods, u can do all patches before encrypting the game back for reinstall. After installed u will only need to copy over the rpx n bin files if you ever want to change to other mods.
I din test the rough english patch together with all other mods one by one but there's no reason to not work as it only touches text related files.

I did edit the text for the outfits n such for the uncensor patch (with official english, like normal), but, not for the rough english as that would imply another patch for the huge 3GB or so archive file, so when using rough english those outfit names will revert back to whatever naming they decided to give them (maybe they're the same as the official english, i din check), even if the uncensor patch was applied.

krueger96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Probly my fault too, i did mention that the rough english patch switches the official English with the rough in the "readme 1st" text file, but din write how to quickly check if the patch was successful or not! I'll add it later.

This game is not picky lol it's extreme! If i din mod n patch the program/files correctly down to the last byte (meaning they work fine), the game will either crash at launch or when loading an improper 3D model like it happened to me many times lol

If you're reinstalling the game all over again (which is a pain in the ass n shouldn't be needed) u can do all the patches, including the rough english before installing the game like the other mods, u can do all patches before encrypting the game back for reinstall. After installed u will only need to copy over the rpx n bin files if you ever want to change to other mods.
I din test the rough english patch together with all other mods one by one but there's no reason to not work as it only touches text related files.

I did edit the text for the outfits n such for the uncensor patch (with official english, like normal), but, not for the rough english as that would imply another patch for the huge 3GB or so archive file, so when using rough english those outfit names will revert back to whatever naming they decided to give them (maybe they're the same as the official english, i din check), even if the uncensor patch was applied.
Thank you, i'll check it out tomorrow! Yeah i know it shouldn't be needed to repack everything, but even in the past i had problem when applying your mods in an already installed game. Maybe the files would corrupt over ftp? I have a good enough internet connection, but the wii u is placed in a spot with bad signal. I mainly ftp mario kart mods to it, maybe it is just a coincidence.. Now that i think about it, the very first version of your mod worked when i used ftp, but it was an older, now outdated method (i believe we had to use python to send stuff via ftp, unless i'm confusing it with something else)
well, it's already uninstalled anyway, so better safe than sorry i guess lmao

Edit: i was free, so i ended up doing it today. It works! I've used the uncensor patch, uncensored video and cerimonial kimono patch. The text for gravure and bikini works even with the rough english patch btw
Soooo this game keeps doing strange shit when modding it, as when i first installed it it did not make a loud noise at the splash screen (thank god) but it looped the bootsound forever. I ended up holding the power button and forcing a shutdown, waiting 5 minutes and rebooting.. this time it launched perfectly. No, nobody knows why it does this lmao, apparently when you first install the game by unofficial means the console gets upset and demands a reboot. I am playing it right now, both the rough english patch and the cerinonial kimonos work as intended

Attachments

• IMG_20211008_215619.jpg
    IMG_20211008_215619.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_20211008_215552.jpg
    IMG_20211008_215552.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20211008_215509.jpg
    IMG_20211008_215509.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20211008_215453.jpg
    IMG_20211008_215453.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 83
Last edited by krueger96,

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the instructions in the top post, patching archive00 and patching the lens5 file. Then I repacked the files using NUSConverter as suggested in the same post. But when I go to install them using WUPInstallerGX2, it gives me a warning to double check them and that eShop stuff requires sig patching. I thought sig patches were something that was applied by CFW when you launch it so you can launch games installed like this. Is there something I missed when repacking the files that needs to be done?
Edit: The exact message is "Verify WUP files are correct and complete. eShop/DLC need sig patch

Last edited by Ailuros27,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password