Finland

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm.. i installed the latest ultrahand.ovl and now i can't open my overlay menu at all. I deletet the ultrahand and rebooted switch but same happens. Any idea why this is happening and what can i do to fix this?
Key combo goes in /config/ultrahand/config.ini. That might be your issue. Normally it was stored in /config/tesla/config.ini

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah, lit! 🔥
having some issues. for some reason it keeps hanging/freezing when running
C++:
curl_easy_perform(curl);
. contributions are welcome. heres what i was working with.

https://github.com/ppkantorski/Ultrahand-Overlay/blob/main/source/download_funcs.hpp

if someone can see what may be going wrong, advice is welcome. The path and url are correct. Never implemented downloading on an overlay before. I did update the makefile for -lcurl and it compiles properly. not sure if theres something i'm missing. I will work more on it later. For now i have to comment out downloading. If download on an overlay has been done before, pointing me to how it was implemented could be beneficial.
Post automatically merged:

It was working before i installed this.

My mistake! It works. For some reason my button mappings for opening the tesla menu has been reseted. So all good 👍
Ive addressed this issue in v1.1.5. For people coming from Tesla menu, it will copy your key_combo from Tesla's config.ini if it exists there but is not within Ultrahand's config.ini.

Last edited by ppkantorski,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've gotten downloaded working for http urls, but i'm still working on my https+http implementation. This tells me its at least possible, but probably not with something like CURL. I've downloaded some images, text, and html files over HTTP with ease so far, but yeah i may need to implement something like openssl to get HTTPS requests working.

ok i got download for all urls and unzip working. i figured out what was wrong with CURL.

download <file_url> <destination>
unzip <file_path> <destination>

https://github.com/ppkantorski/Ultrahand-Overlay/releases/tag/v1.1.7

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

beekul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably a silly question, but do I need to manually set {parent_name} and {name} in the Content Mods section of Mod Master's config.ini? Or do I need to manually create game and mod folders within /switch/.packages/Mod Master/.onload beforehand? Whenever I try to enable a mod, it will create folders within /switch/.packages/Mod Master/.onload that are literally titled {parent_name} and {name} and move the titleid folder there rather than using the game name and mod name from /switch/.packages/Mod Master/*/*.

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
{name} and {parent_name} are read from the source. for instance `/switch/packages/Mod Master/TOTK/UIFix_21.9/` will have a name `UIFix_21.9` and a parent name `TOTK`. the "onload" folder was set to keep track of what is currently on the switch and off the switch. when it is in the "onload" folder, it is assuming the mod is loaded. when it is not in the onload folder, it is assuming the mod is not loaded. With the recent introduction of jsons and such, this can probably be done a bit better, but for now source_on and source_off work under the assumption that the data will either be present under the source_on or source_off directory.

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone test something for me? I have one user claiming that the command lines never show up when clicking "X" within a package on top of a command. If someone has v1.1.9 on their Switch with some example packages, can you click X on a command and tell me if it shows up on an empty config page or on a config page with a list of lines for the command? I want to see if their issue is specific or general since I cannot reproduce it at all.

update: actually we found the bug. on windows newlines can look like \r\n rather than \n. that caused some issues with the ini

beekul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm having an issue with spaces in a folder that is being referenced. I'm trying to write a basic homebrew updater and using the following config.ini to test the downloading step:

[JSKV]
mkdir '/switch/.packages/homebrew updater/downloads'
download <latest release download url> '/switch/.packages/homebrew updater/downloads'

It would create the folder, but wouldn't actually do the download. I was getting the following error in /config/ultrahand/log.txt:

[Fri Jan 2 12:25:20 1970] fileUrl: <latest release download url>
[Fri Jan 2 12:25:50 1970] Error opening file: sdmc:/switch/.packages/homebrew updater/downloads

I was able to get the download line to run by removing the space in the homebrew updater folder. After that I tried adding the space back and it still worked, but sections for other apps in the config.ini that I hadn't run with the space removed gave the same error.

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'm having an issue with spaces in a folder that is being referenced. I'm trying to write a basic homebrew updater and using the following config.ini to test the downloading step:

[JSKV]
mkdir '/switch/.packages/homebrew updater/downloads'
download <latest release download url> '/switch/.packages/homebrew updater/downloads'

It would create the folder, but wouldn't actually do the download. I was getting the following error in /config/ultrahand/log.txt:

[Fri Jan 2 12:25:20 1970] fileUrl: <latest release download url>
[Fri Jan 2 12:25:50 1970] Error opening file: sdmc:/switch/.packages/homebrew updater/downloads

I was able to get the download line to run by removing the space in the homebrew updater folder. After that I tried adding the space back and it still worked, but sections for other apps in the config.ini that I hadn't run with the space removed gave the same error.
any directory needs to end with "/". otherwise it will try to create a file named "downloads" in your case. you can also just specify the name of the file, like
'/switch/.packages/homebrew updater/downloads/test.zip'
for instance. but for what you wanna do, you should be using
'/switch/.packages/homebrew updater/downloads/'

Reactions: impeeza

ppkantorski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of new features have been implemented since I talked about the project last here. I'll need to update documentation at some point. But here's a link to v1.3.9 which includes some more improvements to the menu itself including hiding overlays/packages, sorting overlays/packages, displaying clean version labels and more. Renaming overlays is not required for my sorting implementation which utilizes
Code:
/config/ultrahand/packages.ini
and
Code:
/config/ultrahand/overlays.ini
to store additional information relevent to the overlays/packages.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol