Ugreen phone and tablet holders impressions

GBAtemp Ugreen Holders Impressions.png

Tech peripheral manufacturer Ugreen has released some handy USB hubs in the past like the chunky 13-in-1 Docking Station and the more pocketable 6-in-1 USB-C Hub but they also manufacture a range of other tech accessories as add-ons to your tech life. The company provided some of these to check out; more specifically, phone and tablet holders of various kinds .Let’s dive in!

Ugreen Tablet Pillow Stand

The first one on the list is an item that I haven’t seen before: a Tablet Pillow Stand. Retailing for $24 on Ugreen’s Amazon page, it’s a chunky padded stand that Ugreen says can double as an actual pillow! While I wouldn’t substitute it for my actual pillow, it can be handy to use as a travel cushion for your neck or back.

pillow 1.jpg

pillow 2.jpg pillow 3.jpg

But its main use is as a tablet stand and it is advised for 4.7 to 12.9-inch devices. However, it also easily holds books, e-readers, phones and even the Nintendo Switch. There are also back pockets to hold some extra accessories like cables and earphones. The Table Pillow Stand is lightweight and can easily rest on the lap, making it suitable to use as a small bed desk. Being padded also makes it comfortable to hold on your lap.

pil use 1.jpg

pil use 3.jpg pil use 2.jpgpil use 4.jpg

While it can be a handy travel companion, it is quite chunky to carry around. It’s a nice-to-have gizmo that you could consider gifting someone who already has all tech devices and are short on ideas for gifts.

Ugreen Tablet Stand Holder

Next up we have another stand but a more traditional one that could appeal to more people than the peculiar pillow stand. The Ugreen Table Stand Holder costs $30 and has a full aluminium body with a two-hinge design. This enables the device to be folded flat for easy storage and portability. Such a design also allows the user to adjust the incline and, to some extent, the height of the stand based on their needs.

alu 1.jpg

alu 2.jpg alu 3.jpg

It supports a range of devices that are ideally within the 4-12.9” size range and it maintains the angle at which it has been adjusted to. I found it great to hold my Switch for tabletop mode gaming as well as my e-reader to check news/read books, hands-free. I can also see it as an adequate companion while baking/cooking by having it hold a phone/tablet or even a cookbook.

alu use 1.jpg

alu use 2.jpg alu use 3.jpg

Ugreen included silicone-covered pads on the hooks and backrest to ensure your device is not scratched and is held in place. The non-slip pads underneath and large base also ensure that the stand is stable and holds your devices safely. There’s also welcome ventilation openings to enable airflow for overheating prevention.

I am also fond of its build quality which endows the Tablet Stand Holder with a premium look. However, I would have preferred if the height could be further adjusted via a telescopic mechanism. That said, at $30, this stand might be recommended if you are looking for a quality, multipurpose stand.

Ugreen Universal Holder with Flexible Long Arm

Ugreen’s $27 Universal Holder is not an uncommon one. It’s a 3-part mechanical arm that can be screwed at the edge of a table and enables you to hold your phone or tablet (4" to 12.9") in an overhead fashion.

It’s sturdy and the screws maintain the holder fixed without damaging the table thanks to some rubber padding. It’s also easy to use once set up as the holder features a spring mechanism that expands to accommodate your device and holds it firmly. You can then rotate the holder to the desired angle as well as adjust the inclination of the arm.

arm up.jpg

arm hold.jpg arm contents.jpg

The main use I have for it is for video calls from my phone or to take pictures from a top-down perspective. If you have a tablet, you could also use it as a second screen to view notes or multitask and this can be handy if you have limited desk space. The overhead aspect of the Ugreen Universal Holder indeed helps free up desk space and this is welcome for those space-constrained like myself.

arm use 2.jpg

arm use 3.jpg arm use 1.jpg arm joint.jpg

However, it would be a more versatile add-on if the holder used a universal tripod screw instead of a ball-and-socket attachment. This way, you could hold more accessories such as a camera or external lighting to it. But for $27, it won’t break the bank while ensuring a quality add-on to your setup.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A pillow? 🤨

UGREEN is a great brand. I have a 65w USB-C charger, but I'd not spend money on any of that.

Might as well just order from AliExpress since it'd be more or less the same.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I can only fall asleep when reading, so I always have my tablet sideways at night (keep buying those covers that allow it to stand horizontally). That pillow seems mighty handy and it's not too expensive, I'll need to check if they sell it within the EU.

Reactions: Prans

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste