Ugreen Tech Accessories Impressions Roundup

GBAtemp Impressions Ugreen Tech Accessories.png

Ugreen has provided a few of its tech accessories for us to check out. Let’s see what they have to offer!

Laptop Stand Docking Station

Starting off, we have what’s my favourite of the bunch, the Ugreen Laptop Stand Docking Station, which currently retails for €77 on the official Ugreen AliExpress store. As its name indicates, this quirky accessory is a laptop stand that doubles as a docking station.

stand.jpg stand 4.jpg

As a docking station, it features a modest number of ports, namely one USB-C, two USB 3.0, one HDMI, one SD card slot and one microSD slot. While these aren’t that many for a dock, it is quite numerous for a laptop stand and is the first laptop stand that I personally encountered to feature ports. These are quite handy and can serve as a backup for your regular dock or a simple extension to your existing laptop ports.

stand 2.jpg

I’ve been using a laptop stand myself for quite some time but switching to the Ugreen dock/stand hybrid was an easy decision. It’s not only the extra ports but also the stand itself is well designed.The areas that your laptop rests on are well padded and the metal build is sturdy as well as premium-looking. It features four notches to adjust the stand to variable angles and can easily be folded for storage or travel (there’s even a dedicated travel pouch included). You can also use it as a makeshift stand for a tablet, although I wish an option to raise the tablet would have been included. But this product was designed with laptops in mind rather than tablets.

stand 5.jpg

stand 3.jpg stand tab.jpg stand ports.jpg

However, depending on your laptop size, it can be hard to access the ports which will be underneath and hard to reach. The upside of this though is that this does offer a neat trick to conceal wires under your laptop.

Another downside is the limited number of ports on this dock which are all located on one arm of the stand. The other arm could also have featured additional ports for further versatility and that might be an aspect for Ugreen to consider in its next iteration.

stand up.jpg

USB-C Multifunction Adapter

If you need access to more ports, then the €70 Ugreen USB-C Multifunction Adapter might be something to consider. It’s a sleek-looking adapter packing that characteristic Ugreen metallic shell.

dock 1.jpg dock 2.jpg

Plugging into a USB-C, it offers access to 10 extra ports as follows:

• 3x USB 3.0 ports
  • 1x 100W USB C PD charging port
  • 1x SD card slot
  • 1x TF card slot
  • 1x 4K HDMI,
  • 1x FHD VGA port
  • 1x Gigabit Ethernet,
  • 1x 3.5mm audio/microphone combo jack
dock port 1.jpg dock port 2.jpg

These can be a welcome companion for slimmed-down notebooks with limited ports or even handheld gaming PCs like the Steam Deck. It can even double as a low-profile hub, should you prefer its looks over a tower or slab-like traditional USB hub.

However, it would have benefited from some additional ports, in particular more USB-C ports as only one is included in this adapter.

dock port 3.jpg

AC1300 High-Gain Dual-band Wireless Adapter

The last item is the Ugreen AC1300 High-Gain Dual-band Wireless Adapter, which could even double as a makeshift Tie Fighter. Retailing for € 30, this adapter plugs into a USB 3.0 port and acts as a booster to provide WiFi access. It requires the installation of a companion configuration software, after which you’ll need to input your main router’s password. After that, you’ll be able to browse online as usual.

wifi 3.jpg

wifi 1.jpg wifi 2.jpg wifi specs.jpg

It’s an affordable, low-profile wireless adapter that works well and helps to expand coverage with an encrypted network. Its antennas can even be adjusted vertically and laterally in order to best capture the WiFi signal. I also didn’t encounter it overheating but it is dependent on the computer it is plugged into and will occupy a USB port. This can be remedied by using a USB dock.

While it is a dual-band adapter, capable of operating at both 5GHz and 2.4GHz frequencies, I found it to be adequate for general browsing and even streaming audio and YouTube videos. However, if you’re looking into online gaming, I’d consider something more reliable.

wifi 4.jpg

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
UGreen is definitely one of those brands you never hear of, but their products are decent. Not sure about pricing these days, but some of their products I’ve bought have increased in price since I purchased them.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ugreen makes good stuff. I've gotten a bunch of cables and adapters from them, as well as external HDD enclosures (and just ordered a m.2 enclosure from them as well), it all seems to be well built.
As well as that, they always seem to include discount codes in packages I get from them (but I have not been able to use them as I always seem to misplace them and they're probably expired by the next time I make an order anyway)

Reactions: ILuvGames

Archolm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I see there are more lovers of Ugreen, but as has been said, their prices are getting steeper.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They make the best SATA to USB adapters that have lasted me for years. Got mine from an Amazon deal. :D
yeah it works good also for FatXplorer to build OG Xbox drives
Post automatically merged:

I see there are more lovers of Ugreen, but as has been said, their prices are getting steeper.
well thats probably more due to inflation+the GOP's inaction in my country

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol