Ubisoft to release four AAA titles by March 2018

ubisoft-logo-horizontal.png

Ubisoft has revealed today during an earning's meeting that they have four unannounced games that will be releasing between April 2017 and March 2018. These games will have more details announced sometime in May, before E3 2017, according to the company. One of these games is likely to be the highly teased Beyond Good and Evil 2, and perhaps the rumored Mario and Rabbids RPG. Company CEO Yves Guillemot also noted that Ubisoft will be producing fewer new IPs, and instead will focus on refining series that have been established, like Watch_Dogs, Assassins Creed, and many more. Ubisoft's upcoming South Park: The Fractured But Whole recieved its second delay, initially set to release Q4 2016, and will now be releasing sometime after April 2017.

Sales figures for their games have been mixed, with Watch_Dogs 2 greatly underperforming, but with Steep slightly selling above expectations, along with a huge resurgence of players in Rainbow Six Seige and The Division, which have both hit their record amounts of daily players. However, total earnings for the company are down by 5.7% from last year.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
so ubisoft, how many of those AAA titles will be using Engines you did not create yourself? Oh, all four, well thats grand.......
I would rather they use an existing engine that already runs on the Switch instead of wasting time and money trying to build their own, for the first titles and for the time being.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So many negative comments already, you should all be glad that a major publisher is even risking touching the switch with a 10 foot pole. God forbid the thing gets some games that might actually attract some casuals to it.
As long as it's for the switch and doesn't require Uplay and no micro transactions then im all for it. Otherwise I'll pass.

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man people are just so hard on publishers and devs. Everyone's such a bitcher and critic I wonder if anyone here really enjoys playing video games. Ubi has done some good work over the years and bless them for taking more risks on new platforms and game concepts than many other 3rd party devs. People acted like they killed their puppy over WiiU and as it turns out there were a number of fine titles they did for WiiU (ZombieU, Rayman, AC4, Splinter Cell) which I actually played and enjoyed. Splinter Cell was way better than the ps360 (the load times were long on WiiU) as the ps360 had terrible screen tearing and WiiU had none and they actually did more to support the gamepad as a second screen than fricking Nintendo did as it was well implemented in all four of the games I mentioned.

It just amazes me that everyone claims to hate these major 3rd party publishers and yet some of these franchise sell like mad so someone must like them. I admit WatchDogs is a bit of a dud which is a shame because the concept is great, just the execution and story that has fallen short. I look forward to their support on Switch because they are more likely to implement Switch specific features then say EA.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1