Ubisoft to release four AAA titles by March 2018

ubisoft-logo-horizontal.png

Ubisoft has revealed today during an earning's meeting that they have four unannounced games that will be releasing between April 2017 and March 2018. These games will have more details announced sometime in May, before E3 2017, according to the company. One of these games is likely to be the highly teased Beyond Good and Evil 2, and perhaps the rumored Mario and Rabbids RPG. Company CEO Yves Guillemot also noted that Ubisoft will be producing fewer new IPs, and instead will focus on refining series that have been established, like Watch_Dogs, Assassins Creed, and many more. Ubisoft's upcoming South Park: The Fractured But Whole recieved its second delay, initially set to release Q4 2016, and will now be releasing sometime after April 2017.

Sales figures for their games have been mixed, with Watch_Dogs 2 greatly underperforming, but with Steep slightly selling above expectations, along with a huge resurgence of players in Rainbow Six Seige and The Division, which have both hit their record amounts of daily players. However, total earnings for the company are down by 5.7% from last year.

:arrow: Source: GBAtemp Press Inbox

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So wait, you're telling me that Ubisoft, a game publisher and developer will be RELEASING GAMES between now and 2018?!

HOLY SHIT THAT'S AMAZING! This news needs to be spread far and wide.
Games for all!

Also I honestly forgot that South Park game was coming out (or existed). I'm sure it'll be great like the first but damn. They're taking their sweet time.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So wait, you're telling me that Ubisoft, a game publisher and developer will be RELEASING GAMES between now and 2018?!

HOLY SHIT THAT'S AMAZING! This news needs to be spread far and wide.
Games for all!

Also I honestly forgot that South Park game was coming out (or existed). I'm sure it'll be great like the first but damn. They're taking their sweet time.
Yeah, yeah. But it's specifics, and there is sales and delay information as well. 4 games, which begs the question, which 4? Assassin's Creed, South Park, Mario Rabbids and mystery title? Crappy microtransation always online game? Interesting new IP? And 4 games doesn't seem like a very heavy load. Also, this means they're not going to wait until E3 to unveil their stuff, an interesting choice. Another studio telling the ESA to shove off, perhaps?

Molina

My title? It's gone,... like the last fuck I gave.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
along with a huge resurgence of players in Rainbow Six Seige and The Division

Yea, they announced season 2 for Rainbow along with a big patch supposed to balance characters and reinforce anti-cheat system.
And for the Division, a DLC brought back players... eeeeh

Steep is kinda addicting, it reminded me about SSX I had on GBA.

And I'm curious about what Mario Rabbids will end up being.

D

Deleted User

Dude I can't wait for

More DLC for R6
More DLC for WD2
More DLC for (newest AC game at time)
More DLC for The Division

And that's all the games

Reactions: Bladexdsl
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really intrigued to see what they're doing with the next Assassin's Creed game. They're certainly taking a longer time to develop it than they did with Unity or Syndicate. I hope they have something good planned. I'll be greatly disappointed if they fail to innovate once more, but then again, it's Ubisoft and I don't really put it past them to play it safe every year. But honestly, if they want to perform better, they could use a little risk.

I'm looking forward to the new South Park game at least. That's gonna be a hoot.

So what's Mario & Rabbids RPG? I'm guessing its the one shown in that leaked list of Switch games. A crossover between the Mario RPGs and Rabbids, clearly. If this is actually real, I do wonder how it's gonna turn out. I've never been a big Rabbids fan. Then again, perhaps this'll inadvertently help the Switch by improving their relationship with Ubisoft and scoring more third party games. Lord knows they could use as much third party support as they can get.

Reactions: Chary

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i hope its a splinter cell game, or atleast a port of splinter cell conviction hd since only xbox owners got it on console :S

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
So many negative comments already, you should all be glad that a major publisher is even risking touching the switch with a 10 foot pole. God forbid the thing gets some games that might actually attract some casuals to it.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
the highly teased Beyond Good and Evil 2
Too bad it's highly teased in a "you can look but you will never ever ever be able to touch" way, and not in a "sneak peek of what's coming" way :glare:
Either that or it will end up like Duke Nukem Forever :glare:

Okay, so Switch will be getting AAA titles at some time in the future and will become a viable purchase by March 2018. Good to know. Let's just hope it survives the year of nogaems in between.

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so ubisoft, how many of those AAA titles will be using Engines you did not create yourself? Oh, all four, well thats grand.......

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night