Ubisoft delays Skull & Bones for a fourth time

skull and bones.JPG

When the game was first announced in 2017, Ubisoft promised we'd see the pirate-themed Skull & Bones release in late 2018. It obviously never met that schedule, and in the past four years, the game has been delayed over and over again, pushed back from year to year. The latest launch window planned for Skull & Bones was sometime in 2021, but it won't set sail on that date either, as Ubisoft has admitted that they're delaying the game yet again, in their latest financial report. Now, it'll launch sometime within the next fiscal year, meaning April 2022 at the earliest, or even 2023 at the latest.

Previously, Ubisoft's Yves Guillemot said that development was going smoothly on the title, and that it was very much on track for its 2021 release. Where the studio has been focused on putting out three or more AAA-tier games a year in the past, this financial briefing reveals that the company no longer agrees with that mindset. They're instead opting to scale back and spend more time on the development of its individual games, finding that quantity of releases isn't a good indicating factor of how well Ubisoft is doing anymore. For now, Ubisoft has high hopes riding on the games that aren't getting delayed: Far Cry 6, Rainbow Six: Quarantine, Riders Republic, Roller Champions, and The Division Heartland.

:arrow: Source

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m sure it’s not easy being a developer. I’m sure its stressful. Maybe gaming developers should stop giving release dates and release a statement of a release when they are closer to finishing a game. As opposed to when it’s in development. I’m sure a developing team would be less stressed when they don’t have ridiculous deadlines. A deadline that maybe was created to be released for a particular season or to beat out a competitor. Maybe I’m being naive. The next console generation might pop up before this actually gets released, now they have to “remaster/port/HDremake” it. Pretty numb to delays now.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Then it comes out. It's a pay-to-win, online-only service game with horrible servers and shitty player support. I really like Ubisoft, but the direction that they've been taking their games is pretty awful. Like, why's a sequel to an offline game (BGAE) an online-only game?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Then it comes out. It's a pay-to-win, online-only service game with horrible servers and shitty player support. I really like Ubisoft, but the direction that they've been taking their games is pretty awful. Like, why's a sequel to an offline game (BGAE) an online-only game?
yeah after the division they just went, hey lets turn all our open world games into online only games with pay to win.

no idea why they did that to beyond good and evil 2 tbh.

what fans wanted and liked-
a sequel since the first game ended with a cliffhangar where the aliens possed the pig whos name escapes me.

More of the dungeon zelda like game-play with orbs to collect like super mario 64 and even stealth.

what ubisoft gives us
a Prequel (which doesn't solve the cliffhanger at all)
and now an open world online only game probably action packed with mobs probably and such with levels and item drops.

Seriously they totally missed what fans wanted with this game imo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout