• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

U.S. Supreme Court set to overturn Roe v. Wade abortion rights decision

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man, I have as much right to post replies here as you do. It's your choice to respond back or not, but you can't stop me from replying to you, just as I can't do the same.

This is all becoming a shout/insult fest as usual either way, but at the end of the day, Roe v. Wade is going, so go to a blue state to get your free abortion. It ain't my fault if you knock someone up or get knocked up and it's not the government's job to bail your sorry asses out.
I don't think this was ever an issue about an abortion being "free" or the government "bailing anybody out." The pro-choice argument is for the government to stay out of it.

BitMasterPlus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think this was ever an issue about an abortion being "free" or the government "bailing anybody out." The pro-choice argument is for the government to stay out of it.
But the government was involved for decades thanks to Roe v. Wade, so then you should be good it's getting overturned. Why all the complaining then?

Reactions: zfreeman

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Wait..leak? why would they allow that to get leaked? I doubt that'll get overturned...like OP said...just recycling talking points...i think they're trying to distract us again
Yea it seems some Woke staffer probably one of Sotomayor knowing Row will be overturned decided to leak it to in their mind help Dems in the midterms and try to intimidate the judges into not doing it. i mean they have now doxx the chief justice home

Last edited by Valwinz,

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't recall anyone arguing during the pandemic that anybody didn't have a right to bodily autonomy.
Selective recall. Go check the 2 years + worth of news.

Anyone else notice these conservative misogynistic bible thumping pro lifers have the worst grammar and spelling on the site? Just saying... :wub:
Here comes the educated elite that can't pay their own loans.

Last edited by Pachee,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
You don't seem to understand that the country under Roe was the government staying out of it.
Planned Parenthood and its abortions are funded and/or subsidized by American tax dollars. Institutionalizing abortion isn't "the government staying out of it".

Last edited by tabzer,

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here comes the educated elite that can't pay their own loans.
If being able to convey my thoughts clearly to others is being an educated elite, I weep for the fate of this country. Also, not that it matters, but my degree is not only paid for in full, I then went on to teach after getting back from military service and now work as a public servant in another capacity. You're welcome to throw about senseless shade, but you might look foolish if you can't spell or string words together properly while failing to understand other people trying to correct your faulty logic.

Off the topic for a moment, you realize your avatar is of a girl who lives in a castle and prides education over interacting with others because people are inferior to knowledge in her eyes and won't hesitate to murder people after her secret tomes, right? She is literally an educated elite. Not sure if this is supposed to flaunt ignorance or be ironic, but...
You don't seem to understand that Roe was the government staying on it, making a mistake.
"Staying on it" in this case meant not having cops raid places where abortions took place. Y'know... not getting involved. Education is really helpful when trying to understand the points other people make! :teach:
But the government was involved for decades thanks to Roe v. Wade, so then you should be good it's getting overturned. Why all the complaining then?
The government ceased being involved thanks to Roe v. Wade. I'm very glad Lacius continued in education, and still has enough time to take so many of you kids to school~ :wub:

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The government didn't stay uninvolved in abortion. It institutionalized it and helped fund it via tax dollars. This negates the claim that government is not involved. I'm not paying for it, but it's reasonable to see why people (even if they are pro-choice) would be upset with the government's role. Flipping from anti-abortion to pro-abortion might be progressive in your book, but that's not really the point.

Last edited by tabzer,

Dakitten

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The government didn't stay uninvolved in abortion. It institutionalized it and helped fund it via tax dollars. This negates the claim that government is not involved. I'm not paying for it, but it's reasonable to see why people (even if they are pro-choice) would be upset with the government's role. Flipping from anti-abortion to pro-abortion might be progressive in your book, but that's not really the point.
Actually, the government saw it as a health care issue, and lumped it in with health care services... which it absolutely is and they should because obviously. If you don't like paying taxes though, you can go to that place where you wouldn't have to. What was that place called again? Antarctica? Sorry comrade, you probably will pay for a lot of things in your life you won't approve of, and there are likely many more to come. It is kinda how governments continue to exist.

But hey, maybe you can hide behind Foxi's skirt some more. It would make this thread more interesting if you just stuck to being his hype man since you can't make any valid arguments of your own. :rofl:

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it is. And we eat certain kinds of animals for survival and nutrients, like protein. That's why we have different classifications for animals: some are domesticated pets, some are wild animals, and some are livestock. Humans fit into none of those categories and babies lives are worth value.

Nope, it's not. Humans have been hunting for hundreds of thousands, if not millions of years. Hell, animals hunt other animals for food. It's nature. But humans evolved to the point where we know it's ok to reasonably hunt animals, and not commit acts such as cannibalism if you're wondering why we don't hunt each other (at least, not any of us that aren't psychopathic killers).
You abort a fetus, not a baby.

If humans can decide it's ok to reasonably hunt animals, then why can't we decide it's ok to reasonably abort fetus?

I understand that you are against the idea of abortion, but vegans are against killing animals.

If a minority can block abortions, then why should vegans not be able to block everyone eating animals?

Overturning roe v wade doesn't end the "government" involvement. It just moves it from federal governments "don't ask don't tell" policy, to state government where there is going to be even more involvement.

It institutionalized it and helped fund it via tax dollars.

It's better for the economy to fund health care. Cutting funding is like a taxi driver refusing to buy tires because they are expensive and instead just sit at home not earning money.

Last edited by smf,

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Saying this while defending the killing of unborn children is pretty laughable
killing of an unborn vessel... an unborn mass still undefined, kiling an unborn still not abble to live. the only real thing it could be and that's what you would've understood if you read further than what you want to read: they kill a dream. this blob hasn't developed to anything so calling this blob of flesh a child that's way off!
read the whole fucking statement and we'll talk about the detailles.

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If being able to convey my thoughts clearly to others is being an educated elite, I weep for the fate of this country. Also, not that it matters, but my degree is not only paid for in full, I then went on to teach after getting back from military service and now work as a public servant in another capacity. You're welcome to throw about senseless shade, but you might look foolish if you can't spell or string words together properly while failing to understand other people trying to correct your faulty logic.
It's not about you, it's about what you did. We can clearly understand each other here, even the posts with broken english, and grammar nazism is one of the oldest cheap internet tricks people use when they don't have any other argument to use.

Off the topic for a moment, you realize your avatar is of a girl who lives in a castle and prides education over interacting with others because people are inferior to knowledge in her eyes and won't hesitate to murder people after her secret tomes, right? She is literally an educated elite. Not sure if this is supposed to flaunt ignorance or be ironic, but...
She lives in a mansion, not a castle. She is a book worm who values knowledge, not education, there is a difference. Also she is a quiet character who values knowledge more than social interactions, there are a few reasons why she doesn't leave the mansion but nothing to do with "other's inferiority". Elite? she is almost a squatter living off remilia.
facep.png

Why are you even picking on my avatar? you are acting like those obsessive people who go doxxing others and calling their work/bosses over internet comments.

"Staying on it" in this case meant not having cops raid places where abortions took place. Y'know... not getting involved.
The government ceased being involved thanks to Roe v. Wade.
Why not? Clinics performing illegal services in a state shall not be exempt from raids. You have just confirmed the government's involvement by abusing a wrong decision to shield them. I wonder how you would react if this about states trying to control/ban silencers and cripple magazines.

... Education is really helpful when trying to understand the points other people make! :teach: ...
I'm very glad Lacius continued in education, and still has enough time to take so many of you kids to school~ :wub:
leoct.jpg

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Actually, the government saw it as a health care issue, and lumped it in with health care services... which it absolutely is and they should because obviously. If you don't like paying taxes though, you can go to that place where you wouldn't have to. What was that place called again? Antarctica? Sorry comrade, you probably will pay for a lot of things in your life you won't approve of, and there are likely many more to come. It is kinda how governments continue to exist.

But hey, maybe you can hide behind Foxi's skirt some more. It would make this thread more interesting if you just stuck to being his hype man since you can't make any valid arguments of your own. :rofl:
I'll take this as an admission that your previous claim is full of shit and that you are too proud to admit it directly. There is plenty that I disagree with, with everyone here, and that is the beauty of diversity. If you think Foxi, alone, single mindedly pioneered the rationale then he must be like a god to you. As someone who pays taxes, I feel a moral responsibility for how my tax dollars are spent. By that standard, you aren't anyone I'm trying to impress (and you know it).

Last edited by tabzer,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Planned Parenthood and its abortions are funded and/or subsidized by American tax dollars. Institutionalizing abortion isn't "the government staying out of it".
In general, abortions in the United States are not funded or subsidized by American tax dollars. Federal law explicitly bans that in cases that don't have to do with rape or life of the mother.

I'm not saying I agree with this, but my point is you're factually wrong. It's also an issue that's wholly separate from Roe, a ruling that's only about legal access to abortion.

You don't seem to understand that Roe was the government staying on it, making a mistake.
Roe was a Supreme Court ruling that said the federal government and state governments generally had to stay out of it (with regard to access to abortion).

As someone who pays taxes, I feel a moral responsibility for how my tax dollars are spent.
I have a general moral opposition to war and the military industrial complex. Should paying taxes toward the military become optional?

Last edited by Lacius,

tabzer

This place is a meme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
In general, abortions in the United States are not funded or subsidized by American tax dollars. Federal law explicitly bans that in cases that don't have to do with rape or life of the mother.

I'm not saying I agree with this, but my point is you're factually wrong. It's also an issue that's wholly separate from Roe, a ruling that's only about legal access to abortion.

Can you provide documentation about that? Afaik, planned parenthood gets tax funding and abortion isn't exempt. That could be an assumption based on bad information, but it is a worthy point for clarification imo. While our standards for a "worthy abortion" and how we apply our judgement may be vastly different, that isn't my issue. I already know disagreements exist and I am not in control of your abortions. Roe was the foot in the door. You perceive it to be separate from other government actions because you compartmentalize government action based on the fact that there are different bills. But the fact remains that the government is progressively becoming tyrannical. Little by little, the government is leveraging more against its people.

I have a general moral opposition to war and the military industrial complex. Should paying taxes toward the military become optional?

They are optional. The question is if the risk of becoming a martyr is worth the representation. If you feel the 14th amendment is a worthy cause, then you have my support. I might even start a GoFundMe.

Last edited by tabzer,
Reactions: zfreeman

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Si :D +1