TWLoader - CTR-mode NDS app

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Robz8, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Is that with bootstrap v0.6.1 (Rev 02)?

2. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    Anniversary edition.. Sorry about that, Hehe :blush:
    Let me check
    I'm using release version v0.6.0-rev2
    should i update?

Last edited by Mugen2x, Dec 14, 2017
  3. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    He meant bootstrap, not TWLoader. You can find your bootstrap version in the settings. ;)

4. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    I didn't notice the update, usually i left my 3DS without internet because reasons

5. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    Here it is, then.

6. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    Updated it already...¡¡Yes!! Ridge racer 64 (as a side note ;) ) works perfectly now :D
    Thanks robz!

Last edited by Mugen2x, Dec 15, 2017
  7. Skynetz

Skynetz Member

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    United States
    Do the games that are run off the flashcart show up in the activity log?

8. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    All games launched through TWLoader, whether they're on a flashcard or the SD card, are not shown in the activity log.
    If you want your games to show up in the activity log, use the forwarders: https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/

Last edited by Robz8, Dec 15, 2017
    Skynetz likes this.
  9. FateForWindows

FateForWindows GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 8, 2017
    United States
    Don't tell me you still believe those false banwave rumors. :rofl: those were proven false a while back

10. Mugen2x

Mugen2x Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2016
    United States
    Yes Kinda XD, Also to preserve the battery, using internet in any device would consume more battery than usual :rofl:

FateForWindows likes this.
  11. nl255

nl255 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 9, 2004
    That is because nds-bootstrap is closer to a gba slot flash cart (m3 perfect, etc) rather than your r4. In fact, much of the commercial game support is (or at least was) based, somewhat loosely, on the Max Overload software which let you run commercial roms on the Max Media Dock (a a gba slot to CF/IDE adapter) and always had compatibility problems. In fact the whole donor rom thing was originally known as the MaxCrass Method.

Robz8 likes this.
  12. Trisbone

Trisbone Member

Newcomer
    Sep 15, 2017
    United States
    I know i could google this somewhere but i havent found anything while searching, is there like, a way to get pokemon platinum to not have so many lag spikes with twloader? or like, is that just something im gonna have to deal with till the bootloader makes it less laggy?

13. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    A little update on my efforts to run Death Jr., tried playing Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Sky (needs MKDS as donor) and got the same error I got on Death Jr.. Apparently, my MKDS ROM was corrupted, got a new one and now it works. So Death Jr. should be added on the list of supported games, it only needs MKDS donor for save data to run and it runs without any issues at all (at third level now and no framedrops/spikes or anything), but loading screens can take a while. Same thing for both the EU and US versions. Also tested Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days out of curiosity and instead of white screens (like it says in the support sheet) I got red top, white bottom...

14. EridiumMiner

EridiumMiner GBAtemp Regular

Aug 18, 2015
    Italy
    TWLoader is not updating the bootstrap anymore, is that normal?

15. Arnold0

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    Hi,

When trying to play multiplayer on Mario Kart DS using TWLoader, the game will freeze at some point.
    Here is a little video :

Is there anything that can be done so that it doesn't freeze like patching the rom or something ?

What I tried :
    Using an older version of nds-bootstrap : It was even worse it would disconnect because the loading time is too long.
    Using differant roms (JP and KR version) still freezes.
    It does that on 3 different consoles with different specs (All B9S Luma, but one a small 3DS with 8GB Class 4 uSD, one 3DS XL with 64GB Class 10 uSD and a 2DS with original 4GB Class 4 SD.) I don't have any "New" models to test if it does the same.
    Even if the multi is against only consoles with TWLoader and no original cart/flashcart, it still freezes.
    Also when using TWLoader rom hosting in "simple" mode, the DSes that download play get frozen on Nintendo logo. DSes with flasme freezes on a white screen just after the nintendo logo fades out.

Any ways of making this work ?
    Thanks for any ideas.

Last edited by Arnold0, Dec 15, 2017
  16. ThoD

ThoD GBATemp Maniac (apparently), but more like "bored"

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Read the comment in the supported games sheet, you need to patch the ROM. EUR version works just fine btw and is what I've been playing.

17. Arnold0

Arnold0 GBAtemp Fan

Oct 1, 2011
    France
    Vire, France
    The patch they talk about if to play online with wiimmfi. The rom I used is actually patched with that (But I tried with unpatched ones too just to be sure if it wasn't the online patch that made it freeze but nope it changed nothing). But that is just for online, not for local multiplayer.

18. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States
    You'll have to deal with it, 'til it gets improved.
    It's because quick start is on. Try turning it off, then reboot, and try again.

Trisbone likes this.
  19. TiagoS10

TiagoS10 Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2017
    Portugal
    what games have improved compatibility with the new bootstrap and what works now (chrono trigger, the world ends with you JPN version)?

20. Robz8
    OP

Robz8 Coolest of TWL

Oct 1, 2010
    United States