Status
Not open for further replies.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
pops is actually an emulation of ps1 games just a very good but not perfect emulator hell even the vita uses a psp emulator with the actual folder for it being called pspemu
It's HARDWARE emulation though, not software, so it can potentially 100% work without ANY compatibility issues! Software emulation is the one that can't match the original exactly. Things like Citra on PC is software emulation for example while GBA on NDS, NDS on 3DS, PS1 on PSP, PSP on PSVita, etc. are hardware emulations.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um all 3 of those are emulators and without going into a long rant about specifics psx and psp emulation on vita/psp are a form of hybrid native and emulation some things are natively done by the hardware while others are emulated which is the same case for twloader hence the compatibility issues
Wine is not an emulator, it natively runs the code and Wine stands for Wine Is Not (an) Emulator.

Virtualbox is on the other hand, while gbarunner2 is not.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Welp, just tried Death Jr. and right after it loads and looks like it's gonna work the game says "Could not read the data. Turn off the power and reinsert the DS card." on both the EU and the US versions, regardless of whether I have MKDS as donor or not... Any suggestions on what could be at fault here? The NDS files I used worked just fine on No$GBA.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, just tried Death Jr. and right after it loads and looks like it's gonna work the game says "Could not read the data. Turn off the power and reinsert the DS card." on both the EU and the US versions, regardless of whether I have MKDS as donor or not... Any suggestions on what could be at fault here? The NDS files I used worked just fine on No$GBA.
It's probably a newer game, so you'll need a donor cart (not ROM) to save.

deathblade200

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And nds-bootstrap uses the DS hardware. The only difference is it's able to use extra ram that's on DSi/3DS systems for caching and stuff.
except I can run the r4 through twloader and get both compatibility and speed boost for the small amount of games that need it

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
It's probably a newer game, so you'll need a donor cart (not ROM) to save.
Considering it came out in 2007, it's one of the oldest games. Do I need a flashcart to make it work (donor cart)? First time seeing something like that...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering it came out in 2007, it's one of the oldest games. Do I need a flashcart to make it work (donor cart)? First time seeing something like that...
A donor cart is a retail DS cart that should have the same save chip as the ROM you're running.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
A donor cart is a retail DS cart that should have the same save chip as the ROM you're running.
I only have 1 DS cart unfortunately (KH 358/2 D), but I'll try. Do I set it in the same manner as setting MKDS as donor?

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm trying to launch Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū from slot 1 (actual cart) but I keep getting white screens. Shouldn't slot 1 always work?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have 1 DS cart unfortunately (KH 358/2 D), but I'll try. Do I set it in the same manner as setting MKDS as donor?
No. Just turn off donor ROM for your game, then insert the Slot-1 card.
I'm trying to launch Fire Emblem: Shin Monshō no Nazo: Hikari to Kage no Eiyū from slot 1 (actual cart) but I keep getting white screens. Shouldn't slot 1 always work?
It's probably either a newer NTR or TWL game.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No. Just turn off donor ROM for your game, then insert the Slot-1 card.
Just tried it, still didn't work. Do I need a specific game to use as donor? Kingdom Hearts is the only cart I got and it doesn't work...

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried it, still didn't work. Do I need a specific game to use as donor? Kingdom Hearts is the only cart I got and it doesn't work...
Yes. The cart has to have the same save chip as the ROM you're running.
Sadly, it's best to wait 'til save patching is fixed.

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Yes. The cart has to have the same save chip as the ROM you're running.
Sadly, it's best to wait 'til save patching is fixed.
Oh well, gonna have to play on an emulator for now then... About the new version you said that is gonna be released soon, what changes will there be? Where can I see the update log?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.