Hacking Twilight Menu Wireless

DevilishGarfield

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I play wireless using twilight menu?
I have Pokémon black and it seems I cant play wireless using another ds. Doesnt show any connection. Is there a way I can play wireless using Twilight menu, or do I have to do Something else to play wireless?

Diego Liberal

Old School Gamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
DS games (and the DS mode at the 3DS) only recognize WEP Wireless networks.
Meaning you would have to change your whole WiFi settings at your router and lower it's security from WPA or WPA2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DS games (and the DS mode at the 3DS) only recognize WEP Wireless networks.
Meaning you would have to change your whole WiFi settings at your router and lower it's security from WPA or WPA2
Pokemon Black is a DSi-Enhanced game, which means it does have support for WPA 1/2.

Their actual issue is caused by either TWLMenu++ being out of date, or the WiFi setting turned off in TWLMenu++ Settings.

Diego Liberal

Old School Gamer
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Pokemon Black is a DSi-Enhanced game, which means it does have support for WPA 1/2.

Their actual issue is caused by either TWLMenu++ being out of date, or the WiFi setting turned off in TWLMenu++ Settings.
I have the actual cart for Black 2 and just double checked, I'm still right. The DS and the DS mode at the 3DS does not support WPA 1 or 2.

If the DSi itself does that's something I didn't knew, I don't own one, but as stated by Nintendo itself:

"Nintendo DS Game Cards are only compatible with WEP security, and are not compatible with WPA security. So while you can enjoy other online features of the Nintendo DSi and Nintendo 3DS with WPA security, you cannot play Nintendo DS games online with any system if your network is secured with WPA."

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds-security.jsp

Lv44ES_Burner

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Nintendo DSi has two sets of wireless memory slots for WiFi usage in the Settings. The first three slots you're shown are the slots that support WPA 1/2. A separate submenu shows the other three slots, which are the WEP or open security slots. The first three slots are used for DSi-enhanced games, and the last three slots are used for regular DS games.

Pokemon Black Version, White Version, and Black 2 and White 2, are known as what are called "DSi-enhanced" games. They support the WPA 1/2 protocol when loaded on a Nintendo DSi. As a result, when loaded on a Nintendo 3DS using an up-to-date version of TwilightMenu++, nds-bootstrap is able to let the DSi-enhanced ROMs for these four games detect the Nintendo 3DS's regular internet settings instead of falling back to the DS mode communications settings, so long as WiFi is enabled in TwilightMenu++'s settings.

You have to load them specifically through nds-bootstrap via TwilightMenu++ to do so; you have to have WiFi enabled in TwilightMenu++'s settings; you have to have a WiFi profile set up in the Nintendo 3DS's system settings that is a WPA 1/2 secured access point in order to do so; it's preferred not to have a DS-mode communications profile set up at the same time, as it may cause that fallback mentioned previously.

You're arguing with the primary developer of TwilightMenu++ on this, the man should know how his own homebrew application works in addition to any bugs or issues that may crop up in its usage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk