Hacking Question Tutorial?

lordofthereef

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought an Xecutor dongle and license some time ago but ultimately decided to hold off on modding my system as I play online a lot and didn't want to jeopardize any of that. Got a second switch (pikachu/eevee edition, YAY!) for Chistmas which will be my "legit" switch after I have transfered everything over. I plan on my previous console (launch day purchase) to be my hacked version and will likely not even keep it connected to wifi at that point so as not to accidentally ban it.

Anyway, is there a handy tutorial on how to get everything done? There usually is on here; I have done 3ds for years and there is always a nice and detailed sticky. Maybe I am blind, or have had too much eggnog, but I can't seem to find that here?

My plans are to effectively keep a 1-2TB external HDD plugged into the dock on this unit and play from there. Cheaper and more space than a micro SD provides and I figure with how small switch games are (in comparison to everything else this gen) I should never really run out of space.

Thanks and merry christmas!

simba115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve seen people simply quote this guide but although it looks like the 3ds guide we all used and loved it seems to have been abandoned. There is nothing pased 3.0 and the latest firmware on this guide is 5.02! Did it move to some other URL?

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Doesn't seem to cover Atmosphere. Doesn't even mention RCM. It seems severely out of date. "PegaSwitch" was used more than a year ago, around November 2017.

Do you really only need Homebrew Launcher to launch then you're set for installing Atmosphere and AutoRCM, signature patches, all that? I thought PegaSwitch was a userland exploit?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1