Can I get my switch banned for transfering save ?

Meshidaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for my english as it’s not my mother tongue.

I’d like to ask you if I risk getting banned for transfering a TOTK save file from a hacked Switch to a clean one. Let me explain:

I have 3 switches :
- Switch 1, Vanilla, bought in 2017 ;
- Switch 2, OLED, Zelda collector version ;
- Switch 3, Lite, untouched.

None is hacked at the moment.

I always played on Switch 1 until TOTK, I now play on Switch 2.

I recently dowloaded TOTK patch 1.1.2. which fixes duplication glitch.

My goal is to go back on version 1.1.1. so I can dupe again.

So here is what I wanted to do : get my save of TOTK from Switch 2 to Switch 1 the normal way (with Nintendo Cloud), then hack my Switch 1 to DL Checkpoint (I found a tutorial online) and go back to version 1.1.1. (found the file already). Then delete TOTK and save on Switch 2, save on cloud the 1.1.1. From Switch 1 and get it the normal way on Switch 2.

Question is : can Switch 2 get banned ? I don’t care if Switch 1 gets banned. I have Switch 3 in case of… dunno, back up ?

Thanks in advance !
Post automatically merged:

Oh btw I plan on sharing 1.1.1. TOTK firmware from Switch 1 to Switch 2 when the job is done to avoid reupdating it, via the normal method.

I don’t want to hack my Switch 2.

A little more precisions: I don’t plan to install any cheat or hack on the TOTK save, I only want the 1.1.1. Firmware back.

Last edited by Meshidaru,

khuong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's tons of dupes for.. 1.1.2 already.. (no hack)..

Youtube it.

If you dont' want to get banned, don't do anything with a hacked switch -- or stay offline -- or block ninty.

Meshidaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Yeah but they are more complicated and less fun.
I might as well play on my Switch 1 once I get 1.1.1. back.

But still, does anyone know the risks for my Switch 2 by doing this ?

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, transferring saves from a single player game does not cause a ban. Its no different than transfering between 2 OFW switch

Reactions: impeeza

Meshidaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Thanks for the answer mate. Would be a pain to be banned for the future DLCs and all my saves since 2017.

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the answer mate. Would be a pain to be banned for the future DLCs and all my saves since 2017.
Luckily it won't be an issue. Just don't install pirated games or install homebrew apps (use them through the homebrew launcher, no .xci files installed like games). Also don't go online with cheats active just in case, but it's installing pirated games and homebrew .xci that usually gets you banned. People who claim they didn't do those when they were banned are liars, like with the 3DS banwaves when people pirated FE Echoes and the Gen VII Pokémon games.

Meshidaru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So if I transfer the save from Switch 1 to Switch 2, with no cheats or so, I’ll be good, right ?

Again, ideally I only want to play TOTK on 1.1.1. Firmware on my Switch 2 (Oled).

Thanks

Guacaholey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I transfer the save from Switch 1 to Switch 2, with no cheats or so, I’ll be good, right ?

Again, ideally I only want to play TOTK on 1.1.1. Firmware on my Switch 2 (Oled).

Thanks
Cheats won't give you an issue with save transferring. Just don't go into online games (like Pokémon, Mario Kart, Smash, etc.) on a multiplayer mode with cheats activated, as in don't play a multiplayer raid online in Pokemon SV with OHKO cheats turned on.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for my english as it’s not my mother tongue.

I’d like to ask you if I risk getting banned for transfering a TOTK save file from a hacked Switch to a clean one. Let me explain:

I have 3 switches :
- Switch 1, Vanilla, bought in 2017 ;
- Switch 2, OLED, Zelda collector version ;
- Switch 3, Lite, untouched.

None is hacked at the moment.

I always played on Switch 1 until TOTK, I now play on Switch 2.

I recently dowloaded TOTK patch 1.1.2. which fixes duplication glitch.

My goal is to go back on version 1.1.1. so I can dupe again.

So here is what I wanted to do : get my save of TOTK from Switch 2 to Switch 1 the normal way (with Nintendo Cloud), then hack my Switch 1 to DL Checkpoint (I found a tutorial online) and go back to version 1.1.1. (found the file already). Then delete TOTK and save on Switch 2, save on cloud the 1.1.1. From Switch 1 and get it the normal way on Switch 2.

Question is : can Switch 2 get banned ? I don’t care if Switch 1 gets banned. I have Switch 3 in case of… dunno, back up ?

Thanks in advance !

Oh btw I plan on sharing 1.1.1. TOTK firmware from Switch 1 to Switch 2 when the job is done to avoid reupdating it, via the normal method.

I don’t want to hack my Switch 2.

A little more precisions: I don’t plan to install any cheat or hack on the TOTK save, I only want the 1.1.1. Firmware back.
If it's a singleplayer game, there are no risks. You really only need to be hesitant with multiplayer stuff and/or games with online components. For example, Pokemon games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: yeah, i'm Anyone, that's just not my alias here