[TUTORIAL] How to play Wii U games on PC with CEMU and USB Helper.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Hikari06, Jul 8, 2017.

1. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Nice
    Hello and welcome the the official WII U USB Helper tutorial!
    In this tutorial you will learn how to use USB Helper to play games with CEMU.
    I've seen a lot of other guides which show you a very complicated way to do this, although it's in fact extremely easy.
    This tutorial assumes you already know how to install USB Helper, which is extremely easy and already has been covered many times.
    The usual disclaimer about the usage of the application still applies here.

Let's start, you'll see, it's easy :)

1) Select the game you want to play in the library

2)Press "Play this game"

USB Helper might ask you if you want to add the update or DLC, chose yes.

3)Wait for the download to complete

This might take some time depending on the size of the title and your connection speed.

4)Once the download is over, the game will be automatically prepared

This can also take some time depending on the size of the game, but you can monitor the progress thanks to the nice-looking unpacking window :)

5)Once unpacking is done, press "Play this game" again!

That's all there is to it. No more steps required, no need to move folders around, everything is handled automatically.

Additional details

• CEMU (and cemu hook) are automatically downloaded and managed by the application. You can change this behavior in the "Emu. settings tab" but that is not recommended.
    • Preparing a game for emulation will not delete the original files, so you might end up with a lot of space taken. Once you are certain everything works as intended, you can delete the source files with the Delete button.
    • You can manage the emulation data (the one which has been prepared for the emulation) in the Emulation Data Manager, accessible by right clicking the game. Here you can delete the update, the DLC or the game.
    You can also chose no to apply the update or DLC if they cause problems with CEMU.

2. epickid37

epickid37 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)┃Official follower of Skiddon't-ism

Jan 4, 2017
    United States
    why would i tell you stalkers where i live?
    Um, did we really need a tutorial for this?

3. Hikari06
    OP

Hikari06 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 20, 2012
    France
    Nice
    Surprisingly yes, I receive many questions like 'where do I put the update/dlc', since almost all the tutorials out there tell you to manually unpack the games instead of using the Play function.