[Tutorial] How to play Gamecube, PS1, & N64 games from the wiiu gamepad

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by MattKimura, Nov 12, 2017.

1. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    As far as I can recall, patching Wii homebrew with c2w required the resulting Wii U title to be installed to NAND and not to USB storage. I can reference the previous instructions of the WiiVC Injector Script. I asked in the thread just to double check.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I am simply going over troubleshooting steps. OP has slightly incorrect information for installing the HBC vWii channel to the Wii U. It says USB or NAND and it has to be on the NAND. So this would be the first thing to check. The second thing to check would be the homebrew channel, since you mentioned in previous posts that you knew you had the correct one installed. I was simply pointing out that there were ways to get widescreen with hbc 1.1.2. The latest current is 1.1.4-1.

I am not assuming you did anything one way or the other. I am simply providing the correct steps to verify against in an attempt to troubleshoot. As for the next step, I would try this: Power down your Wii U. Power it back up. Load up the vWii environment from the official Nintendo Wii channel on your Wii U. Once loaded up, exit back to the Wii U. Then, if necessary, run your CFW (haxchi or mocha, unless you autoboot with CBHC). Then run sign_c2w_patcher. Then attempt the HBC vWii channel on your Wii U. If this still fails to load, please let me know. If it still has the same error, please let me know if you have haxchi/cbhc installed (I think I remember you mentioning you did, but I could be wrong) and if so, which game you installed it over. ^_^

Sorry, lastly, you mentioned you can't tell the homebrew channels (vwii) apart when looking at them from the menu, and also mentioned that when you went into vwii and tried launching hbc, your system errored. are you positive you ran the correct hbc (1.1.4)?

MattKimura likes this.
  2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    None of this helped, I use haxchi on 5.5.2, i installed everything without a usb and I used the properly linked programs.

3. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    The odd thing is the error you have is usually tied to file corruptions on the SD card. I would check the files on your SD card, copying over your homebrew content. Most notably, make sure the XML files (meta.xml) aren't corrupt.

You can always reinstall or remove the original homebrew channel (1.1.2). People have reported that reinstalling the HBC has fixed this issue. If you have custom IOS on your vWii, make sure it is not interfering.

4. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    How do i know if i have cios? I thought that was required for playing backups games:unsure:

5. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
  6. Shiro_Senpai

Shiro_Senpai Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2017
    United States
    Did Everything. Got a Black screen after launching the forwarder.

7. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    will give this a try, thats if 5.5.2 gets better support but i am ? to how it updated when its been disconnected, I also keep getting messages sent to my wii u when its not even got an internet connection configured.

8. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Do you have HBC forwarder installed on USB? If so move it to system storage

9. Drak0rex

Drak0rex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Oct 12, 2014
    United States
    Would it be possible to boot into Wiiflow using a WiiU forwarder, and still take advantage of the performance boost when launching emulators, or even Wii games?

Powerful likes this.
  10. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    This is not working. I keep getting to the screen where it says "Mounting the SD card..." And that is all, it just stops.

11. Gunstorm

Gunstorm Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 24, 2017
    Brazil
    then if it start home brew channel with gamepad suport, can i run wbfs games on usb loader gx with gamepad support also?

12. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    Usb loader gx needs to be updated with gamepad support first.

It seems like your SD card is faulty or corrupt.

Gunstorm likes this.
  13. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    upload_2017-11-13_20-33-39.png

OrGoN3 likes this.
  14. Milenko

Milenko Member

Newcomer
    Oct 16, 2017
    Australia
    Really wish hard drives were usable with these but I'll take game pad controls over anything

15. Kamesennin

Kamesennin Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 5, 2017
    Argentina
    Thanks!!
    The Section III was the final solution for nintendont
    I was stucked for days in black screen no matter what I was doing.

I just use Nintendont, so start Haxchii, then Mocha, Injected HBC on WiiU menu, load nintendont on vWii hombrew channel, and finally load the game in nintendont.

A few steps I know, but is f**king worth it!

Thank you again (=

MattKimura likes this.
  16. OrGoN3

OrGoN3 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 23, 2007
    United States
    The error you were receiving, if you search GBATemp, is for when you have a corrupted/incorrect meta.xml file. So since your SD is corrupted, I'd recommend wiping the homebrew and redownloading it all, if you haven't already. Make sure your SD card is formatted to FAT32 using guiformat. If it still persists, I have no idea. Sorry.

You can usually fix the black screen error by first loading up the Wii environment through the official Wii U channel, backing out, and then using the forwarder. Of course, this has to be done once every time the console is power cycled. :(

Kamesennin likes this.
  17. Vorde

Vorde Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2015
    Canada
    I'm not expecting anyone to know this off hand, but is there still a ton of input lag on Gamecube titles like there was a few years back with Nintendont running on vWii? The last time I used it, the lag was so bad it made most games unplayable.

18. Powerful

Powerful GBAtemp Regular

Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    should we use wii64 and not not64 now? Nintendont works, genplus gx and wiisxr works, but I cant get not64 to work. I downloaded the newest update that was 10/9/17 and I have the hbc gamepad support but no go, any help?

19. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Nintendont is still ran from vWii in this case. I haven't experienced any input lag, give this a try and see how it feels. Nintendont has received countless updates since then.

Not64 doesn't have gamepad support, and must be launched from vWii. This specific version of Wii64 works with the gamepad.

Last edited by MattKimura, Nov 15, 2017
  20. Hielkenator2

Hielkenator2 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 18, 2017
    Albania
    Nope, pro controller is also 100% Digital.

yes, press and hold L for half pressed R analog button simulation in sunshine.

Nintendont support native controllers via gc usb adapter for WiiU!

GuyInDogSuit likes this.