Hacking [Tutorial] How to install "Clean" CIA Games onto Sysnand Using Gateway

hsdubb19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a problem, on hex editor, this comes up.

I tried changing the G to F anyways but I still can't play on on the sysnand.

sysnand and emunand are both on 9.2

I recently formatted emunand via the gateway menu because my sysnand and emunand were unlinked

The only cia that shows up on sysnand is alpha sapphire and that is only because I bought the digital version when the game came out.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question... If my sysnand is 4.5 and I install pokemon X/Y or ORAS ... it won't work, right? Thanks in advance
Sorry, my older post was meant for this.

It will give you an error and not load. Same with MH4U, SSB, and a few others. It will not brick so no worries there. I installed them on 4.2 just for the tickets. That way if my sysnand gets upgraded by accident I can down load them from the eshop.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, are there any side effects to changing the G to an F?
Emunand will not load, but that is the reason for changing it.

I did this a little differently from the guide but it worked for me and I did not need a hex editor.

What I did was use a memory card that did not have emunand to install the cia's to sysnand. I put my emunand memory card back in and installed the cia's to emunand. The games worked in both emunand and sysnand with shared save files. The only downside was the amount of time it took to install all of the cia's two times.

If your sysnand is lower than 7.1 Pokemon ORAS and MH4U will not load on U systems.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Change it back to G so you can load emunand like normal I have people break Emunand like this so they can install the ticket from the CIA to there Sysnand, this way the game will load with no flash cards or custom firmware while in Sysnand.

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games worked in both emunand and sysnand with shared save files.
I'm guessing the only reason your games can share the save files is because your SysNAND and EmuNAND are still linked, right? I just tried to test it out on my N3DS, and the saves are separate.

It would've been nice if it can share the same save file just in case I want to play MH4U on SysNAND and be able to save my progress and continue playing online when I go back into EmuNAND, but I don't think I want to link both of the NANDs because of the unwrapping shenanigan.

Xenon Hacks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing the only reason your games can share the save files is because your SysNAND and EmuNAND are still linked, right? I just tried to test it out on my N3DS, and the saves are separate.

It would've been nice if it can share the same save file just in case I want to play MH4U on SysNAND and be able to save my progress and continue playing online when I go back into EmuNAND, but I don't think I want to link both of the NANDs because of the unwrapping shenanigan.

The tut does call for them to be linked :P

Ten Pound Cow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The tut does call for them to be linked :P
I used another method to install clean CIAs to my SysNAND without having to link it with my EmuNAND. >_<

So does relinking both of the NANDs still bug you to unwrap your games in EmuNAND? That's the only reason why I liked keeping my SysNAND and EmuNAND unlinked.

hsdubb19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I did this a little differently from the guide but it worked for me and I did not need a hex editor.

What I did was use a memory card that did not have emunand to install the cia's to sysnand. I put my emunand memory card back in and installed the cia's to emunand. The games worked in both emunand and sysnand with shared save files. The only downside was the amount of time it took to install all of the cia's two times.

If your sysnand is lower than 7.1 Pokemon ORAS and MH4U will not load on U systems.

Can I get detailed instructions on how to do this? I would like to do this on my N3DS that is on sysnand 9.0

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
No, it won't work because Cubic Ninja isn't considered a legit/prebundled game. I believe there's a list of games you can install in SysNAND in the OP.

don't worry, noobs will still ask the question every day or so, thinking they thought of the best idea, lol

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get detailed instructions on how to do this? I would like to do this on my N3DS that is on sysnand 9.0

I will try to guide you through it the best I can. There are a few variables to consider so I will go by my setup.

I have a O3DSXL sys 4.3 emu 9.4. I already had emunand setup and running.

You will need 3 sd cards. 1 for gateway with BBM, 1 blank, 1 with emunand. The blank and emunand cards have to be 32GB are larger to hold the cia's and have room to install.

Put the blank card in your 3DS boot and boot gateway. This should put you in your sysnand. Use BBM to install your "clean" cia's. When this is done you should be able to play all of the games in sysnad without gateway. Turn your system off replace the previously blank card with your emunand card. When you turn your system on the games will no longer be on your sysnand. Boot gateway into your emunand and use BBM to install all of your cia's. When complete the games will be on both sysnand and emunand with a shared save file.

Note: This will only work if your nands are linked. Also, it takes forever to install all of the cia's and you have to do it twice.

hsdubb19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try to guide you through it the best I can. There are a few variables to consider so I will go by my setup.

I have a O3DSXL sys 4.3 emu 9.4. I already had emunand setup and running.

You will need 3 sd cards. 1 for gateway with BBM, 1 blank, 1 with emunand. The blank and emunand cards have to be 32GB are larger to hold the cia's and have room to install.

Put the blank card in your 3DS boot and boot gateway. This should put you in your sysnand. Use BBM to install your "clean" cia's. When this is done you should be able to play all of the games in sysnad without gateway. Turn your system off replace the previously blank card with your emunand card. When you turn your system on the games will no longer be on your sysnand. Boot gateway into your emunand and use BBM to install all of your cia's. When complete the games will be on both sysnand and emunand with a shared save file.

Note: This will only work if your nands are linked. Also, it takes forever to install all of the cia's and you have to do it twice.

Okay, I will have to get another sd card that is 32GB for the blank one but I have a question, do I only need the blank one during this step. Because, I can borrow one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also