Votes: 160 17.5%

• Total voters

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't get it.. really.. I've been really trying this method since I posted.. no dice, I've been doing some simple steps:

• put the RxTools.dat + slot0x25KeyX.bin + rom (I even downloaded the 2.3 rxtools to try them ), I run them on my 4.5 3ds with no emunand or anything, just on the sysnand
  • take the decrypted rom to packhack and run hacktingtools.dat, press D, put the dame of the rom and then put "no" when asked to decompress the code.bin
  • then after that, I initiate the 3DS builder and put the Decrypted ExHearder, ExFs and RomFs .bin files produced by the hackingtools.bat, with the card1 option

and after that I try to run the rom, but it just hangs on a black screen after the 3DS logo

do you think that's ok? by my own experience I saw that sometimes I miss a step without knowing, so I prefer to ask if that's ok
Try to use the folder for the exe and romfs instead of the .bin.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nope, doesn't work and I still don't know why... everything seems decrypting perfect and decompressing good, but somehow on the building is making something bad and it doesn't build the .3ds file good..

I still get the 3ds logo but after that the screen just goes black forever and nothing works, of course... I at least need a hint about why the screen goes black after the booting, I'll try and ask the 3DS builder thread

RJZ-20

Trophies
XP
Country
I have 3 main questions to anyone willing to help.

Firstly, due to the update found here http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/ could I now decrypt a 3DS rom using step 1.2 on an O3DS running 9.8 with Cubic Ninja on SKY3DS.

Secondly, does anybody know from experience whether part 2 of decryption using XORpads actually generates a DecryptedExHeader.bin file as it is not specified.

Finally is it possible to play one of these hacked roms on a SKY3DS after it has been fully re-built.

Thanks to anyone who even takes the time to read my question(s).

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have 3 main questions to anyone willing to help.

Firstly, due to the update found here http://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/ could I now decrypt a 3DS rom using step 1.2 on an O3DS running 9.8 with Cubic Ninja on SKY3DS.

Secondly, does anybody know from experience whether part 2 of decryption using XORpads actually generates a DecryptedExHeader.bin file as it is not specified.

Finally is it possible to play one of these hacked roms on a SKY3DS after it has been fully re-built.

Thanks to anyone who even takes the time to read my question(s).

Fist question: no idea, may be its too early to tell, has Ninjhax 2.0 been fully released?

Second question: yes it should generate the ExHeader.bin, I just looked at the code..

Third question: no, I just saw that a modded rom moddifies the encryption of itself, so a sky3ds cannot play it by imitating the 3ds rom cardrigde. If I'm wrong somebody should correct me

RJZ-20

Trophies
XP
Country
Fist question: no idea, may be its too early to tell, has Ninjhax 2.0 been fully released?

Second question: yes it should generate the ExHeader.bin, I just looked at the code..

Third question: no, I just saw that a modded rom moddifies the encryption of itself, so a sky3ds cannot play it by imitating the 3ds rom cardrigde. If I'm wrong somebody should correct me

Thanks for the answers!

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By the way... I tried just some hours ago a theory I had about this tutorial, since it doesn't explain much details of the steps given.

There is an option at the 3DS Builder which details which logo to use at the 3DS boot screen, the differences are very slight in some cases, but if not done correctly the rom won't boot.

In my case Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate was a licensed game, I didn't know about this and tried to build the rom with the "Nintendo" option and it never boot, just hanged at a black screen after the 3ds logo, then I changed to the "licensed" option and it did boot perfectly... also, don't use the card2 option unless the rom was built with that option (the pokemon games)

EDIT: Nope, went back to not working... I had installed the update and for some reason the 3ds rebuilt rom worked fine, but as long as I take that out, the rom stops working by itself

Last edited by wiibomb,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry for the trouble again, but the RomFS folder for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire doesn't want to show up. I have the decryptedromfs.bin and I did try to extract it with RomFS Extractor, but it says "Not a valid RomFS binary.". The exe folder does appear. I am at a loss as to why it does not works. Maybe because I use RxTools 2.6 CTR Decryption?

Edit: Tried the "partition" function of your program. It says "Error, IVFC segment corrupted. Error, RomFS corrupted." Maybe CTR Tool is outdated, but then I don't know where to download a compiled version of the update.

Last edited by medoli900,

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry for the trouble again, but the RomFS folder for Pokemon Alpha Sapphire doesn't want to show up. I have the decryptedromfs.bin and I did try to extract it with RomFS Extractor, but it says "Not a valid RomFS binary.". The exe folder does appear. I am at a loss as to why it does not works. Maybe because I use RxTools 2.6 CTR Decryption?

Edit: Tried the "partition" function of your program. It says "Error, IVFC segment corrupted. Error, RomFS corrupted."

Strange, it's working fine for me with a Rom decrypted by RxTool (and even the latest Decypt9 CTR Decryptor).
Try to extract it manually: ctrtool.exe -t romfs --romfsdir=./romfs DecryptedRomFS.bin

If not working, I'm pretty sure the Rom is corrupted. Or you are trying to extract an HackRom.
Try to redo it with a Clean Rom by redoing the CTR Decryptor again.
If you have CubicNinja, try Decrypt9.

Or as a last resort, try with Xorpads.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The ROM is completely clean (extracted from retail cartridge with Gateway) and decrypted with CTR Decryptor form RxTools 2.6. I'll try to see if the ctrtool from your pack version 3.3 will resolve this.

Edit: Nope :/
I'll try the Xorpad.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ok, I'm very dumb. I "rar" every ROM I backup (so they take less space), but it was on a different computer, so I had to unblock it -_-
So now it SHOULD work.

Edit: Nope, still does not work...
I'll try with your version of RxTool

Last edited by medoli900,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @OctoAori20, hi