• Perfect?

Votes: 159 17.4%

• Total voters

YoshiCloaca

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Much like @iamnoahiguess when I run CE I only get a series of .bin rather than extracted folders. However, I can get down to the folders by using a command lower down (to extract roofs etc)

What's killing me now is finding the appropriate tools to further extract the game assets. In this case specifically, arc.cmp files for game textures and sprites.

I can find references to this being a solved issue, but nobody actually sharing a source that hasn't since been deleted. With most of the community tools not working, the best I have to go on is an uncompiled linux tool... so I remain scratching my head.

Readmit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issue where my modded rom is coming out 1gb in size instead of the regular file size which is around 640mb. What can I do to trim out the empty space?
Post automatically merged:

I'm having trouble with PackEnglish V12. V9 does a good job and extracts all the folders, but V12 doesn't. The romfs and other folders are not extracting, but V9 does it fine. Why?

Version 12 is garbage, it doesn't even work.

In fact, all of them after version 9 are giving me the same issue. 10 and 11 did the same thing that 12 did.

Last edited by Readmit,

zelda5328

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Help, I'm trying to edit my RomFS but when I decrypt my game (fire emblem fate) it only decrypts .bin files and not like you where there are folders next to their respective .bin files, any solution?

Help, I'm trying to edit my RomFS but when I decrypt my game (fire emblem fate) it only decrypts .bin files and not like you where there are folders next to their respective .bin files, any solution? @Asia81
asw.PNG

Last edited by zelda5328,

whamboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it extracts instantly, making me think its not doing anything. where do i put the 3ds file before extracting? it does not work

gaberilde

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it extracts instantly, making me think its not doing anything. where do i put the 3ds file before extracting? it does not work
If your still having trouble i would suggest my app GabrieloRomToolsGUI, its way more updated then this tool and supports a lot more stuff then this one, you can get it here:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/gabrieloromtoolsgui.517483/

if you still have a instant extract or says complete and it dosent give you a proper file then your rom file may be bad if its a large game that should at least do something before completing.

Reactions: anotherthing

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Help, I'm trying to edit my RomFS but when I decrypt my game (fire emblem fate) it only decrypts .bin files and not like you where there are folders next to their respective .bin files, any solution?

Help, I'm trying to edit my RomFS but when I decrypt my game (fire emblem fate) it only decrypts .bin files and not like you where there are folders next to their respective .bin files, any solution? @Asia81 View attachment 398731
Same problem here, it doesn't give me the folders but only the bins files.

Any help?
I'm Trying to extract Ace Attorney Spirit Of Justice.

Where are the Folders?

Where are the out folders?

(edit) Nvm solved it

how do I rebuild extracted cxi
what do I do with extracted cxi folders?
Do you remember how did you get the folders out?
Nvm i did it with 3ds toolkit

Last edited by RedHunter,

PandaPandel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot seem to get this to Rebuild the CIA.

It will extract it just fine, but when I run "CR" I am hit with 2 Errors of Missing .dll files

UCRTBASED.dll and VCRUNTIME140D.dll
Has anyone experienced this?

I am deep in the trenches, I have downloaded so many different plugins and softwares. I originally made my own converted 3dsx file to CXI using CXItool and it worked for this, But the CIA does not have banner, or custom icon.

SO i thought that was going to be the hard part.

I used 3dsBannerMaker to get my icon.bin and banner.bin But that is as far as I got. I cannot seem get humpty dumpty back together again.
Since it was a 3dsx file MakeROM the other compiler does not seem to work for this.

Anyone have any ideas?

PandaPandel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there are already many threads about people running into problems with VCRUNTIME140D.dll . Did you not see them..?

UCRTBASED.dll comes up much less often here, but Googling also suggests solutions for obtaining that.
Too be fair If I would have seen it I wouldn't have asked. I've been googling forever. Any help is appreciated fr

Yes, there are already many threads about people running into problems with VCRUNTIME140D.dll . Did you not see them..?

UCRTBASED.dll comes up much less often here, but Googling also suggests solutions for obtaining that.
Also I've learned alot without ever posting. As you can see I'm a new poster. Asking for help is part of this process.

Last edited by PandaPandel,

PandaPandel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I literally just did a Google search for "UCRTBASED.dll" (without quotes).

I do not think this is beyond you.
The condescending vibes from you is not at all helpful and cool.

.dll are generally not super safe to just get and install or download

Where can I get them?
Safe source?

Like you are not helping at all actually. And the condescending initial statements makes it even harder for newbies to actually talk without feeling badly.

I don't think that's beyond you either. So anyway I'll just figure it out myself.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The condescending vibes from you is not at all helpful and cool.

.dll are generally not super safe to just get and install or download

Where can I get them?
Safe source?

Like you are not helping at all actually. And the condescending initial statements makes it even harder for newbies to actually talk without feeling badly.

I don't think that's beyond you either. So anyway I'll just figure it out myself.
from google?
And as for safe source....Is there really ever a safe source for anything? One person can place anything they want to make a source unsafe. Just read and be mindfull when ya find one.

Reactions: PandaPandel

PandaPandel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from google?
And as for safe source....Is there really ever a safe source for anything? One person can place anything they want to make a source unsafe. Just read and be mindfull when ya find one.

Even this is more useful of a suggestion, thanks.

I just want to find the best way to get the files safely so I don't destroy my computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto