Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

Savior-X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acekard 2i works but breaks the ds profile exploit for me. Unless someone can tell me of a way to avoid that...it's gonna be a hassle going back and forth.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Got it installed on 4.3. But having real trouble installing the cia dev menu file via network. Changed the run.bat file tothe right ip address but still cant connect

Im too using the acekard and can confirm it breaks the profile exploit and needs to be reinstalled everytime acekard is used.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Got it installed on 4.3. But having real trouble installing the cia dev menu file via network. Changed the run.bat file tothe right ip address but still cant connect

Im too using the acekard and can confirm it breaks the profile exploit and needs to be reinstalled everytime acekard is used.
yeah that is normal, if you play ANY NDS game/flashcard you will need to re-install the exploit

Reactions: AquaX101

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
You said you can't connect. When the CFW starts directly open your webbrowser and load a website. Then use run.bat.
Ok got cia dev to show something different when using run.bat

It gives me a code result : c8a0802b. Write pos: 3ffc0

But i get no gift on home menu

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    622.2 KB · Views: 189

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Eh? That doesn't do anything different. Acekard still breaks exploit.

It isn't the acekard. It's the exploit used to hack the DS that breaks the DS profile.

You cam't avoid it if you want to use the 3DS for something Nintendo did not planned to be used to.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble: I created emunand on separate sd card and updated it. When I try to launch it through Gateway Classic mode, it just goes to black screen and stays there. Is there anything I can do about this?

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Finally got devmenu and bbm to install. I cleared my connevtions and then restarted, also went into notifications. Then next time I pressed home got the gift messages with devmenu and bbm installed.

Have to say, I'm impressed so far with cfw, its much better than I was expecting. Installed a few older games and I love it so far. Hopefully we can getcompatibility to 9.2 and beyond.

I can also get into cfw regularly. I press theL button 1/2 second before briefly tapping on profile, then hold L for around 2 seconds. 90% of the time I get timing right.

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can also get into cfw regularly. I press theL button 1/2 second before briefly tapping on profile, then hold L for around 2 seconds. 90% of the time I get timing right.

Don't do it, after installing devmenu you don't need to press L anymore. The L button can't affect the booting success.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to install CFW on my 3DS. I got to part where I hold L and select profile. The bottom screen does flash white, but top screen stays light blue and nothing happens... What do I do? Thoughts appreciated :)

Lord M

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the cfw I bought a 32 GB QMox SD on ebay. Great quality-price ratio imho.

Micro SD are fine with a good card and a good adapter. If one is too cheap, you'll have problems. With both too cheap... good luck! :)

For the emunand, if you don't use the Gateway card, i think 4GB is good at the moment. With the 9.5 update there are compatibility problems, so you will not buy too much things from eshop. No need for too much space. If in the future these problems will be solved, you coild migrate your emunand on a bigger SD. But I don't thik it will be soon.

With a 32 GB card you can also have both CFW and emunand (launched with the MT launcher) on the same SD. Serach the forum for this.

Good, also on amazon, QuMox SD are very good price, and class 10! What you think about a 64 GB QuMox? Its good?

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
after installimng devmenu and bbm, i tried loading without p[ressing L but cant get it to work. pressing L gets in most times... will pressing L have any negative effects in the long run? so far cfw has been really good, but havnt tried playing online or anything yet

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on last step with the 3DS IP and the Wifi Watcher (Step #18). The 3DS IP doesn't always show up and when it does show up, I am unable to connect with the run.bat file... Is there anything I can do?

Chaldron

GBATemp's Official Attorney
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update from OP: I have heard reports that this works with 9.5, and can now confirm updating to 9.5 from Settings in the 9.4 emuNAND functions properly. After the reboot, however, it does kick you out to sysNAND to just make sure you're in the right NAND before proceeding.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay