Hacking [Tutorial] 4.5 SysNAND + 4.5 CFW + 9.4 EmuNAND without Gateway

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i play a newer cartridge game on emunand 9.5, am i safe to go online? And will saves work?

I always look at it this way, the second you hack a console, you're usually better off just writing off online play as a loss. There's been a handful of bans that were appearently reversed by nintendo...and nothing further since then. It's very possible that they can detect pirate roms/flash cards/cfw outright. Will they reinstate a ban again? No one really knows.

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
you can't even play latest retail cart on 9.5 emunand, I can't even make my pokemon y work which is not even a 9.X game (if you got "no" MT card or gateway)

cyb0rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of time/trouble might be saved for some when setting up CFW if they first ensure that their sysnand is able to complete the Connection Test before doing the Emunand format.
(It might be a good idea to disable Parental Controls on sysnand first too, if enabled, but I'm not sure if that makes any difference.)

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, MT emunand is clone of GW one, so it will work.

But you can't run installed CIA if you switch back to the MT launcher (this was your plan, isn't it?)
I'm afraid that somehow I'll brick the console.
My plan was to install .cia in mt emunand because mt emunand, as far i know, can be entered without the card to be in the console. I wanted to play my .cia without bring everytime the gw card with me. just enter the emunand and play. but isn't possible, right?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I'm afraid that somehow I'll brick the console.
My plan was to install .cia in mt emunand because mt emunand, as far i know, can be entered without the card to be in the console. I wanted to play my .cia without bring everytime the gw card with me. just enter the emunand and play. but isn't possible, right?
nope, there is only like 2/3 cia games that work in classic mode, classic mode doesnt allow booting of unsigned content, so the only games that can be run in classic mode are the clean cia rips that are taken from console bundles, so far there is only 3 EU games and 1 US clean cia rips dumped

Reactions: omegart

He4TS3eKeR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone got a good idea on how to bypass the whole "failed to connect" thing with run.bat?
I'm literally triple-checking everything.

omegart

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nope, there is only like 2/3 cia games that work in classic mode, classic mode doesnt allow booting of unsigned content, so the only games that can be run in classic mode are the clean cia rips that are taken from console bundles, so far there is only 3 EU games and 1 US clean cia rips dumped
understood. Thanks a lot!

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Do games using the 6.X save encryption work?
I'm having a hard time undrstanding why Pokemon X/Y don't save, yet Kirby Triple Deluxe does...

He4TS3eKeR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so I got it to work.
If you know everything you've done was correct and still get "failed to connect" try these things:
1. Disable your antivirus firewall
2. On my router I set my firewall level to "off"
3. Instead of booting the CFW in network (with L held down) mode, boot it normally by just clicking on Nintendo DS profile. From there, delete all your connections and only get the one you need and make sure its on Connection 1. Then reboot the 3ds, and boot the CFW again in network mode (holding down L) and try again.
It only worked for me once I tried all 3 of those together so I'm not sure which one fixed it but I suspect it was the 3rd one.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do games using the 6.X save encryption work?
I'm having a hard time undrstanding why Pokemon X/Y don't save, yet Kirby Triple Deluxe does...

The difference is Pokemon X/Y are card2 games, whereas Kirby isn't, iirc. This can be worked around, but if you're using one of the frontends to generate the .cia files, it may not support this.

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Just put cfw on another 3ds and noticed the first time i did it on my xl i was able to see the emunand files that were created on the sd card... Is this normal? The second time i installed cfw, it was like the tutorial where only launcher.dat is only visible on the sd card (gatewaynand).

Is this significant in any way?

75mak

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, simply setup the emuNAND step and take a look at the extras for sepereating all of them from each other.

EmuNAND allows eShop games + original carts, yes.
So does emunand work correctly with saves of new games or will it cause problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat