Homebrew Emulator Trying to Run GBARunner2 onR4SDHC Gold PRo- Unsupported DLDI

Jester_Helquin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the YSMenu as suggested and that works but when I tried running the GBARunner2 it gives me an error ' Unsupported DLDI Name'- I tried unchecking the DMA and Reset but that didn't change anything. If I boot into GBARunner2 via the regular menu I see my GBA games but it just loads into a dark screen where nothing happens. Any suggestions?

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I installed the YSMenu as suggested and that works but when I tried running the GBARunner2 it gives me an error ' Unsupported DLDI Name'- I tried unchecking the DMA and Reset but that didn't change anything. If I boot into GBARunner2 via the regular menu I see my GBA games but it just loads into a dark screen where nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Very strange. :unsure:
I have the exact same r4 with YSMenu installed, and GBARunner2 works great.
If you are interested I send you some photos that prove it:
IMG_20210424_151525.jpg IMG_20210424_151749.jpg IMG_20210424_151844.jpg IMG_20210424_152148.jpg

Last edited by Nikokaro,

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sure. No problem.:)
But only copy them if your r4 looks identical to mine. As GBARunner2 you use the latest arm7 flashcart version that you find on its website.
I don't guarantee it will work; with these Chinese clones you never know...:rofl:

Attachments

• MY_YSMenu.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 177
Reactions: qaz015393

Jester_Helquin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But only copy them if your r4 looks identical to mine. As GBARunner2 you use the latest arm7 flashcart version that you find on its website.
I don't guarantee it will work; with these Chinese clones you never know...:rofl:
This is what mine looks like, I think I should be able to post links now!

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for sharing this. I finally got a game to work (the Base megaman battle network hack) but I'm using an enhanced version of gbarunner2 that says it's supposed to run Emerald but I still get a white screen for all Pokemon games (including hacks)

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using an enhanced version of gbarunner2 that says it's supposed to run Emerald but I still get a white screen for all Pokemon games (including hacks)
Unfortunately, it is widely known that, even using GBARunner2 hicode build, virtually all Pokémon Hacks do not work (all in all, it is not a great loss:unsure:); on the contrary, all Fire Emblem Hacks work (instead, this is a great achievement:D).

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, it is widely known that, even using GBARunner2 hicode build, virtually all Pokémon Hacks do not work (all in all, it is not a great loss:unsure:); on the contrary, all Fire Emblem Hacks work (instead, this is a great achievement:D).
oh, so theres no way to get/play/run any pokemon game? dang I was hoping to run some on it since my ez flash omega always keeps going in recovery mode no matter what and cant get it to play anything.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How so? Have you owned it for a long time? Did you drop it? Have you tried contacting the developer here in the GBA section?
https://gbatemp.net/forums/gba-flashing-hardware-and-software.6/
He is usually very nice, helpful and tries to solve his costumer's problems.:)
thanks but I already pmed him some years ago when I got it (I got it via ebay and i should have returned it saying it didnt work via ebay). I got it in 2019 or 2018. I need to get my spare sd card back from someone who i send it to (he was doing some builds for me and I do have a future 1 planned as well) so was going to send him the ez flash to see if he could get it to work with the build.

Reactions: Nikokaro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7