Trying to remap controls of Wii VC Inject - Mario Strikers Charged

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello. I need help on how to approach this problem because my research has been confusing.
I'd like to remap the controls of a Wii game (Mario Strikers Charged) so that I can also inject it with Teconmoon. The purpose is to be able to play on the Gamepad directly. Currently this is not possible with Mario Strikers because it uses a wiimote + nunchucks and has a motion control movement (shake to tackle). I'd like to remap these controls so that the game can be played on the gamepad directly. The wiimote+nunchucks should be straightforward and should easily be remappable, the shake to tackle should in theory be remappable to a button press because there's no direction to worry about (literally just shake to perform a tackle).

If someone could please help me do this I'd really appreciate it.

Bonus question: How (or where exactly) do I access the savestate from a Wii VC game injected with Teconmoon?

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was stated in the thread with Super Mario Galaxy 2 that currently, the only way to remap motion controls is to map it to a different button to the wii remote. There's no way to force the gamepad to detect or emulate a "shake" motion.

Even more complicated, you have to go into the coding for each individual game on the Wii, find out how and where the controls are mapped, and attempt to recode them. It's not as simple as we would imagine it would be. The only reason it was even possible with Galaxy is because someone was able to pinpoint how the controls are coded in Galaxy.
(If I'm not explaining this correctly, someone feel free to explain it better.)

If there was, I would have done this a long time ago to Sonic Riders Zero Gravity ; it even has the ability to use GameCube controllers. But due to the way the Wii U works, even if I switch it to gamecube controller, I have no way to control with the gamepad, OR even use a gamecube controller becacuse the USB ports aren't supported by vWii.

Hopefully something to fix these issues can be homebrewed later on, but at this very moment, we're SOL.

itspatricioo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not using vwii, I'm using WiiVC which generally support the gamepad controls, just not ones that use the nunchuck I believe. But seeing as it was done on Mario galaxy 1&2, and a couple other games, I figure it should be possible and I'm willing to give it a try if I can just get pointed down the right path.

Also, do you know the answer to my other question? I'm trying to find where the savestates for one of my wiiVC games is located. It's a wii game and I want to find the actual savestate and back it up

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto