Hacking Troubleshooting my friend's PS3 (Doesn't turn on)

StriderVM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Context :

- I just voluntarily to CFW a friends PS3 ever since I discovered about recently downgrade method.
- Last time I touched a PS3 was I think a decade ago. But I knew how to put CFW in a FAT PS3 on less than 3.55 firmware.
- Console seems to be from the US, possibly model CECHA.
- According to my friend he stopped playing it years ago due to lack of interest and has a busted bluray drive. But it can go to PSN.

So anyway, plugged the PS3 to the plug with a downstep adapter. Red standby light comes up. Once I touch the power on button, light turns green and console beeps, for 1 second, then I notice the HDD light and MS card slot light up for a split second. However a second after that, the console immediately shuts down. No fan sound, back to red standby light.

I tried to do the recovery mode, no dice, holding the touch on the power on button just makes the PS3 light go green for two seconds, then shutdown, then green again for two seconds, then shutdown again. It goes in a loop.

Any help? I'm starting to think it may be a hardware issue.

D

Deleted User

It seems like its either the psu, hdd or a chip issue cpu,gpu etc...

But knowing its a fat model i am not surprised they are notorious for failing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...