Hacking Trimmed pokemon games dont work

Gh0sti

iOS Guru
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I trimmed pokemon x and y and they both booted black screen other games work fine, so can they not be trimmed or what? Yes the update data is still there in the rom file i only removed the ccl which cuts the file in half

im using gateway 2.1

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I trimmed pokemon x and y and they both booted black screen other games work fine, so can they not be trimmed or what? Yes the update data is still there in the rom file i only removed the ccl which cuts the file in half

im using gateway 2.1

I think you will find it is the roms m8ty that don't work, be careful which Pokemon X/Y dumps you use I have found out there are some dodgy dumps going around that don't work, mainly the zipped up versions! Every zipped up version I tested did not work, then I tested the ones that where just on there own, .3ds files and they both worked first time and also Animal Crossing, only use the re-pack versions ;)

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was also on Gateway's news page posted on 3/30:

* Trimming

Some users try to trim game files, but this is a bit like gambling.

Sometimes it will work, sometimes it will not. For the best compatibility
we recommend that users do not trim game files.

By trimming a game file, you are reducing its file size and it will not be fully allocated in the Gateway 3DS card.

This causes problems in particular when the update partition has been removed or when the savegame area has been removed for NAND savegame based games.

Retrievil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't supertrim Pokemon or Animal Crossing because the save is stored in the actual rom on your micro sd card, not the SD card like other 3DS games.

I've CCI trimmed every USA rom and they all work if you CCI trim only. There is no gamble. Don't trim Pokemon,don't trim animal crossing, CCI trim everything else.

It's huge space savings. Sure some you only save a couple hundred mb, but I've seen a 4GB rom turn into a 2.1 GB trimmed rom, so totally worth doing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock