Trick Microsoft Store into Thinking you Have Games You Don't Own, Xbox Games & Download Them (2?)

Note: YOU CANNOT PIRATE GAMES WITH THIS METHOD.
So, I discovered that if you have an Xbox app, e.g. Minecraft Xbox One Edition or Forza Horizon 2, you can simply trick the store into thinking you have those games, and maybe in future, download them. You can also use this to make the store think you have games you don't own or that are discontinued and you don't own that are Windows apps, download the app, (but YOU CAN'T OPEN THE APP WITHOUT A VALID LICENCE CONNECTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT) and dump the files. Hopefully this will be useful someday, maybe in downloading & decrypting Xbox apps.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...d7102c7004016b383766c15f8f00ade6816?nocache=1

UPDATE: uploaded files.

this is my only tutorial, it might help people, so no killpost.

Attachments

• StoreGlitch.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 63
Last edited by NotStupidAhaAha,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note: YOU CANNOT PIRATE GAMES WITH THIS METHOD.
So, I discovered that if you have an Xbox app, e.g. Minecraft Xbox One Edition or Forza Horizon 2, you can simply trick the store into thinking you have those games, and maybe in future, download them. You can also use this to make the store think you have games you don't own or that are discontinued and you don't own that are Windows apps, download the app, (but YOU CAN'T OPEN THE APP WITHOUT A VALID LICENCE CONNECTED TO YOUR ACCOUNT) and dump the files. Hopefully this will be useful someday, maybe in downloading & decrypting Xbox apps.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...d7102c7004016b383766c15f8f00ade6816?nocache=1

(post previously deleted with reason 'moron', possibly because I posted it in the wrong section?
I'm on my Windows Phone, GBATemp won't let me upload. Old thread for downloads: https://gbatemp.net/threads/trick-m...box-games-download-them.634894/#post-10187649

if you own a game on one xbox, but not the other, you can do a network transfer in the xbox to 'copy' the owned game. it also works on 'Game Pass' games. idk why i know this but i do.

Posted on GBA-Temp on 3DS [For some reason]

Hielkenator2

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Yes ,if you own dlc of any of the gamepass games, it pops up as you own this, even if you do not have a subscription ATM.
Upon launching, the console nags you with a " do you own this game?".

For example farming simulator 22.

NotStupidAhaAha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thought this was well known.
I mean, it's not that known, but depending where you look, everyone knows.
Yes ,if you own dlc of any of the gamepass games, it pops up as you own this, even if you do not have a subscription ATM.
Upon launching, the console nags you with a " do you own this game?".

For example farming simulator 22.
I never knew the console had a screen like that. I thought it would just close on the splashscreen like W10M. On Windows it's 'You don't have this app in your account' and even if the Microsoft Store isn't installed, it'll just say there's a problem with the game. *Tested on my school PCs*

Last edited by NotStupidAhaAha,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...