How do you store your ROMs? An adult discussion

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I organize full sets by letter. That's all the organizing I do. I don't use any frontends. But if I am in the mood for shmups, I just boot up a Sega Genesis emulator, since my entire collection of Sega Genesis ROMs is all shmup (dozens of them) and they are all excellent.
Sometimes, I'll just pick a random game to play from the SNES romset if I'm bored.
I don't have full romsets for most consoles, only NES, SNES and GB(C), but i don't touch NES much. GB(C) romset is on my 2 ezflash jr carts, so the modded DMGs are always a good thing to bring if I leave home for a few days.

Reactions: Archolm

_Snow_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Like others, I have my games separated by console, in a single roms folder, in my games folder. Ideally want I want to do, is to have complete clean romsets of classic consoles that I love, where each rom is in a folder of its own with box art, manual, art, guide books and perhaps even magazine scans of articles. Ultra-ideally what I'd like to do also is the above but stored on 5d crystal. That way my descendants can know that at least I was a gamer. They'll know nothing else.

Reactions: Archolm

captain_obvious

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I keep full romsets for some retro systems. If I can't easily find a full romset online then I'll only download the games I actually intend to play. I store them on a large external hard drive. I keep one folder called "romsets" where I keep all my full romsets. I keep some other folders called "Wii", "Switch" and so on for systems I don't have full romsets for.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A folder with consoles' initials and then store it in a USB 256GB (for on the go) and a 8TB HDD for a backup copy.

And I don't even use Retro Arch anymore as it sometimes doesn't work properly with patched games, i.e. Puyo Puyo Fever on the Dreamcast (it does have an option to change to English, but it's in Japanese so it's not exactly easy to find for non-Japanese players).

Individual emulators are still great, RA is just for convenience
Post automatically merged:

Nothing crazy, just a ROMs directory on my gaming drive, organized by system. Only a few full ROMsets for the Gameboy family, NES, and GameGear. The rest are just hand-picked favorites I actually play, and some ROMhacks. The loose ROMs there are just some GoombaColor injects I was testing.

View attachment 380576
That's the best way to go about it, imo.

I admit I have a complete set of N64, but the rest are all hand-picked as I don't see the reason to store games I don't want or care about.

Last edited by Marc_LFD,
Reactions: eternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto